Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:42:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Never used to be this windy, did it?

Started by king_tubby, March 10, 2019, 10:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Which would you prefer Wind or Wasps?

Captain Z

I remember once it was so windy I saw a wasp actually being moved through the air.

im barry bethel

Lost 2 fence panels but dried 3 lots of bedding in an afternoon, swings and roundabouts.

Butchers Blind

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 11, 2019, 01:05:47 PM
Which would you prefer Wind or Wasps?
If there were wasps, people would moan, "You don't normally see wasps at this time of year..."

Enough of this passive aggressive doom mongering, I say.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 11, 2019, 02:08:04 PM
If there were wasps, people would moan, "You don't normally see wasps at this time of year..."

Enough of this passive aggressive doom mongering, I say.

Which would you prefer Wind or Wisps?

Wind. I remember years ago being able to lean into the wind, but a load of wasps would have none of that.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Can't we have more posts about farting ?

Wasps and wind and hats blowing off, indeed.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

If wasps farted, they might start farting stings at people...

Glebe

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

thenoise

Quote from: Ray Travez on March 11, 2019, 02:59:53 PM
Wow... question is, why are they filming him?

They were hoping he would die. And, truth is, so were we.

PlanktonSideburns

Love it.

The air has finally had a titfull, and is kicking the fuck off - shoving the adjacent air all over the place, ripping tiles off the roof, angrily twanging the telephone lines like a down on his luck glue sniffer on a cashgen banjo, fucking the trees right up, shoving lorries around like the fat cunts that they are.

And here's me, under acoustic blankets, above electric ones, safe, and made all the more aware of my safeitude by the wailing gusty bastard rattling round outside. Lush

hedgehog90

Wind uprooted my favourite tree :(

Now I have to chop it up and store bits of it in the shed, like a wood-based version of John Wayne Gacy.

The next storm to rattle through tomorrow has been named 'Storm Gareth' - the storms of yesteryear would never have put up with such an indignity. 

alan nagsworth

Of course it's always been this windy, you thicko. Pubic hairs and spaghetti junctions don't exactly get more windy as the years go by, do they? And what about these:

They've been around for years and it's literally right there in the name. Doesn't get more windy than that, does it?

Maybe you should think next time before you start such preposterous threads.

hedgehog90

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on March 11, 2019, 10:37:24 PM
The next storm to rattle through tomorrow has been named 'Storm Gareth'

He's just looking for his stapler.

Varrr windy here yesterday. Trees down in the lane both ways; trapped for a while until I helped some lads with a bowsaw cut us free from our arboreal gaol.  No electricity all yesterday as the wind took out the neutral (?) at the Colonel's house, which as the man from UK Power explained meant "he could come home and find all his water taps were live" (no idea what that meant, but gamely nodded.) 
So they needed to take out the fuse from the box on the LV pole and [something something something] and our power came back on about 8 o'clock last night.

Contractors came to sort out the really big tree across the lane late this afternoon, leaving a lot of it in just about liftable chunks which are going to go into the back of my car for next year's firewood.
Thanks, the wind, sorry the Ash tree.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Ray Travez on March 11, 2019, 11:05:45 AM
I think you're right. I reckon this wind, if you went outside with a hat on, the wind would blow it off, that's what I reckon.

A hatful of wind is the perfect amount

petril

never used tae get this wind wi' the corporation

Beagle 2

Nobody started a STORM GARY thread yet?

I'm on my way to Dundee and shall be writing two PowerPoint presentations in a bed and breakfast tonight while the wind howls. The romance of it.

king_tubby

Mad fucking windy again tonight, lads. Not like in the olden days.

APART FROM THAT ONE DAY IN 1987 YOU PEDANTIC TWATS.

Jittlebags

No. Was windy at Xmas and a couple of random, but rare trees blown down/actor hit on the head by branch while driving days. Now windy Oct to March.

buzby

Part of the sign from the Co-Op at the end of the road ended up in my front garden last night.

Used to be much, much windier. My grandparents lived as nomadic wind farmers until the late 1960s, travelling from town to town by hot air balloon, stringing up nets wherever they landed to harvest whatever blew in. That's how they met, when my granny got swept up by a gust, and was carried several miles to be caught in one of my granddad's nets.

the

Quote from: buzby on March 13, 2019, 08:25:09 AMPart of the sign from the Co-Op at the end of the road ended up in my front garden last night.

Which bit, the Co or the Op?

I don't think it's a sign of the apocalypse, but it's true that I can't remember the last time it was windy like this for such a prolonged period.

I was in a pub where the sign blew away and ended up in the road. That was last Monday. It's been blowy every single day since then.

Clicking through the local BBC weather page, I have to cycle ahead to this Sunday before there's a day that doesn't feature the black 'gusty' pointers.

That said, I quite like the wind. Obviously I don't like it when it destroys things and kills people, but in the adverse weather stakes it's a damn sight more fun than prolonged rain and can be quite exhilarating. More comedy potential too.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on March 11, 2019, 10:37:24 PM
The next storm to rattle through tomorrow has been named 'Storm Gareth' - the storms of yesteryear would never have put up with such an indignity

Legend Gareth