Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:23:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Party Of The Damned

Started by dekionplexis, February 23, 2004, 08:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dekionplexis

I hear horns, do you?

Wearing masks and flowing gowns, accompanied by our midget man servants we make our way towards the great hall, across the grass we go, a horde of part goers, well wishers, and perverts.

As we near, I recognise the music, tis Beethhoven, the ninth symphony, unsure of which movement, I'm a Mozart man meself...

Oh what a lovely night for a party, wouldn't you say? Hugo, my midget man servant, weraing an identical gown to mine own, looks up at me, and smiles behind his mask, he his pointing headward. I turn to look, my gaze rising, as I see a flock of Winged Dolphi playing in the clouds, at the very top of the mighty halll. So majestic, beautiful really, about twelve of them, I hope to shoot one later on...

Ah, tis the second movement, I'd been a fool not to recognise it immediately, how could one not, it was used to such great effect in a Clockwork Orange. Though I feel Kubrick's work is over-rated as a whole, I'm a Greenaway man meself.

The Great Hall Of Osiris before us, I'd only heard of its splendour, and had never seen it with my own green eyes, until now. A metallic pyramid of inter related spirals, wrapped around one t'other, up and up and up, to the clouds and beyond, where only the Dolphi play. The very tip of the hall curling inward to resemble a glistening grey clitoris, so, they did exist.

And on we go, the crowd converging into a spike, the bridge lowers, and inward we pour, the echo of the music deafening. The interior even more breathtaking than the ex, the walls shimmer and vibrate to the music, they appear to be made from human skin. The glow from the membrane casting an ominous pink-yellow glow on all who enter. The ceiling at least one hundred feet high, I hear gasps from behind and around, Hugo, feeling trepidation, holds my hand, I squeeze it gently, he looks up at me and smiles, I wink from behind my mask, and he feels reassured, smiling like the innocent he is, it would be a shame to eat him later on, but I'd missed bruncheon.

We had been walking for almost tweleve minutes from the entrance to the green, to where we now stood and walked more, and on we walked, and on, and on we walked, the hall before us neverending.
I'm sure the second movement isn't this long, therefore I can only assume it is either on a loop, (assuming it is a recording, which I doubt, one can tell from the quality) or the orchestra are playing it infinitum, how I hate repitition. I have never repeated myself, not once, this can be frustrating when meeting the deaf. I once had the misfortune of meeting Queen Katarina of Martos, I have eaten seal cubs with a better sense of hearing. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say that so enraged became she that she summoned several henchman with blades to extracate my head from mine shoulders. I made a bonnie escape by leaping from a mountain and catching onto the tail of a passing Darlaso. Unlucky by me, that it was a female, the more aggressive of the spieces, shaking me dither and fro, fall did I, even further into the mouth of a Sea Dwelling Caribou, where I stayed for three whole nights. Only escaping when the creature opened it's nose-cone to partake of some snuff...

Will this damned music never end? And on we go, and on, and on, and...

Ah, a hole, a hole in the floor. You can see it quite clearly you know. The pattern of the neverending floor we had trekked across had been made from white and black tiles, here they ended, in a hole, before us, a black hole, made of black and white tiles, how curious.

Someone screamed, how embarassing.

The crowd did ashush, will no one speak of the hole, I thought? The problem with gentry, less sense then madmen...oh well, here goes...

'Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Marcus R' Knelt, as you can plainly see, there before us, is a hole, a hole like no other, even myself hast never seen a hole as curious as that, and I've been to Africa too..'

(A gasp from the crowd, they liked that, of course I have not though)

'Might I suggest we form an orderly line and slowly leap ourselves into it's gaping maw?'

(slience)

'There's a good chance there shall be refreshments on the other side!'

(a cheer!)

Then, stand do I, as the gentry and crowd and midget servants fo men leaped into the stratosphere of the hall, arcing, dipping, spinning, flaying and falling, into the plaid cover hole.

A cacophony of spinning and yelling heard I, as the bodies formed mists of manically spinning flesh, the crowd behaving like spawning River Heedge.

'Come Hugo, we're leaving'.

Hugo, eyes a blazing and confused, stared behind at the hole as I pulled him back towards the entrance so far away. I had changed my mind, Hugo shall live, he had served me well, perhaps at a later date I should partake of his sweet meats, but not tonight!

Any host that expects it's guests to leap, stone like into an obscenely coloured portal had obviously never been to Venice, they know how to treat people there.

'Hugo, we're going to Swansea!'

Hugo smiled, the little wee nipper.

Spaced Cadet

Quote from: "dekionplexis"
Ah, tis the second movement, I'd been a fool not to recognise it immediately, how could one not, it was used to such great effect in a Clockwork Orange. Though I feel Kubrick's work is over-rated as a whole, I'm a Greenaway man meself.

Overrated, pah, Genius of the highest order. Oh and you forgot the password to get in, it's fidelio.

Cerys

I really like that, dekion ... but you really need to work on your punctuation.

mook

Quote from: "Cerys"I really like that, dekion ... but you really need to work on your punctuation.

He really needs to work on playing fair and keeping his stuff in one or two threads like it was agreed, or at least I thought it was when he was kicked out by the bigger boys over in GB.

Well at least MM has a load of new challenges starting up so perhaps not every other thread will be a DEKI thread.

Cerys

Dekion, could you not rename this thread 'Deki's Stuff  #1' or something, and put the next few pieces in here?  Just to keep the peace.

Hairy Chin

Nice to know a VW is coming to my neck of the woods. Let me know when you expect to get here and I'll have a word with the Emperor of Swansea to arrange transport, accomodation and a go on one of them mechanical bronco bull things.

Darrell

I still don't know why he can't just set up a bloody blog.