Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:06:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When should you knuckle/settle down?

Started by bgmnts, March 11, 2019, 04:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pingers

So, being sacked by those cunts at Christmas turned out good in the end. That's great! "Settling down" or "growing up" can feel like a trap and is definitely optional. Enjoy yourself.

The thread brings to mind the immortal words of Bukowski:

if you're going to try, go all the
way.
otherwise, don't even start.

if you're going to try, go all the
way.
this could mean losing girlfriends,
wives, relatives, jobs and
maybe your mind.

go all the way.
it could mean not eating for three or four days.
it could mean freezing on a
park bench.
it could mean jail,
it could mean derision,
mockery,
isolation.
isolation is the gift,
all the others are a test of your
endurance, of
how much you really want to
do it.
and you'll do it
despite rejection and the worst odds
and it will be better than
anything else
you can imagine.

if you're going to try,
go all the way.
there is no other feeling like
that.
you will be alone with the gods
and the nights will flame with
fire.

do it, do it, do it.
do it.

all the way
all the way.

you will ride life straight to
perfect laughter, it's
the only good fight
there is.

Which always make me think of pegging, and therefore of you.

Joking apart, I'm so behind you on this I can't even express. Genuinely happy for you and more than a bit envious. It sounds like you've made some tremendous plans and I hope they open your eyes to what you can do with your life from now on. All the best.

shiftwork2

You're a smart person (presumably, I actually have no idea, you might be thick as I don't read your posts) and I have seen that clever people never seem to go wrong.  There's no limit or age to have done things by but it will all eventually tell itself as a cohesive story and a rich fulfilled life.  So just relax, enjoy this moment and follow your instinct.  By that I mean what your mind tells you when you block out all of the noise.  It's basically what you knew to do all along.

Twit 2

Quote from: The Boston Crab on March 11, 2019, 06:39:15 PM
Keep doing what you're doing, champ. This is the first post of yours in probably years that hasn't made me want to strangle you. Really pleased to hear all of this, it sounds brilliant and the first time I've heard you sound like you're enjoying anything in ages. Don't kill your own buzz shitting yourself about mortgages and stuff. You might not live that long. Society might collapse. Do it when it feels like the right time, not when you've just started living a much better life.

You're doing such great stuff. Fuck off this Yank bint pronto and go your own way for a bit and see what comes. Long distance relationships are for people already in a very strong relationship, not a fictitious comfort blanket that you've 'got someone'. Trust me, I been there a few times and it's 99% delusion, 1% wank bank content.

For the first time ever, I have respect for you. The world is now literally your oyster so slurp it down. Is there anything holding you back any more? No.

All the best. X

I hope he trips over a foreign bin and dies.

phes

Quote from: Beagle 2 on March 11, 2019, 09:29:29 PMThe hysterical highs and lows and whinges of my single childless friends seem like the sweet but infuriating outbursts of a toddler now.

Sounds like they're doing it all wrong. The whole appeal of bring 'single' and childless for me is the absence of this. Not a totally muted existence like, just the shaving off of the sharpest of corners. Or are they hysterical because they're single?

José

be aware, in nepal you'll likely be mauled by a yeti.

ASFTSN

OP, I think you're a knucklehead and if you don't knuckle down I'm going to knuckle your fat head.

ToneLa

Quote from: ASFTSN on March 15, 2019, 10:34:35 AM
OP, I think you're a knucklehead and if you don't knuckle down I'm going to knuckle your fat head.

Well I think he's a fuckhead, and

Ferris

Quote from: ASFTSN on March 15, 2019, 10:34:35 AM

#StomachAcid

Ian Drunken Smurf

Met wife at 34, married at 36. Got a career at 37 (as opposed to two divergent occupations that allowed me to travel and paid enough for me to keep on travelling). Went around the world in the notice period and then started a family just before 39. Changed nationality at 41, and became father of twins.

That went quickly...

Bazooka

Quote from: Ian Drunken Smurf on March 16, 2019, 05:59:44 AM
Met wife at 34, married at 36. Got a career at 37 (as opposed to two divergent occupations that allowed me to travel and paid enough for me to keep on travelling). Went around the world in the notice period and then started a family just before 39. Changed nationality at 41, and became father of twins.

That went quickly...

Changed nationality at 41? 40 sure, but this is treason of the highest order, BRING ON THE WALL(gallows)!!