Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People laughing at nothing

Started by madhair60, March 12, 2019, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Got a colleague who does this. Friday afternoon the cleaner came in and offered to do the floor, colleague says (as is fairly standard) "doesn't need doing, do it tomorrow instead, thanks", cleaner goes "tomorrow is Saturday". Colleague just HAAAA HAHAHA AAAAAAH IT'S SATURDAY DON'T WANT TO COME IN THEN DO YOU? EH Monday morning comes around, other colleagues in, relates this story. Borderline in tears. Can barely get the words out it's so funny.

Stop laughing! That's gently amusing AT BEST! Is this FAKE?????? STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggytitbo

There are a couple of people in the office who do that thing of talk laughing when nothing funny has been said by either party.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Blue Jam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

"What I want to know is, what's so funny? What's the funny joke?"
"... I think it's just ..general laughter"

Cuntbeaks

Surely the worst of this happens during the LOLARIOUS cinema adverts. They're not fucking funny, they never have been and never fucking will be. I expect that the Batman cinema massacre happened during the adverts after some cunts lolled at an advert for M&Ms.

ToneLa

Quote from: madhair60 on March 12, 2019, 08:21:58 AM
Got a colleague who does this. Friday afternoon the cleaner came in and offered to do the floor, colleague says (as is fairly standard) "doesn't need doing, do it tomorrow instead, thanks", cleaner goes "tomorrow is Saturday". Colleague just HAAAA HAHAHA AAAAAAH IT'S SATURDAY DON'T WANT TO COME IN THEN DO YOU? EH Monday morning comes around, other colleagues in, relates this story. Borderline in tears. Can barely get the words out it's so funny.

Haha, that is quite good actually

Beagle 2

I quite often laugh after I've said something out of sheer nerves because I haven't got a fucking clue what I'm doing. Hopefully people think "this cunt laughs at himself" rather than "this cunt hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing". But they probably just think both ha ha ha.

the

Quote from: madhair60 on March 12, 2019, 08:21:58 AMPeople laughing at nothing

^ Presumably the next programme in the dismal lineage of 'Comedians Reading Magazines With Other People Represented By Avalon'.

Icehaven

Salad eaters are notorious for this.

ToneLa

In order:
Titter, Haw haw
Heeee, hurhur
Ahha, Heh!, aaahahaha!
Hehe!, chortle, faked.

ToneLa

Quote from: madhair60 on March 12, 2019, 08:21:58 AM

Stop laughing! That's gently amusing AT BEST! Is this FAKE?????? STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the job
Wish I could find one
Wish I could laugh at nothing

easytarget

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 12, 2019, 08:29:29 AM
There are a couple of people in the office who do that thing of talk laughing when nothing funny has been said by either party.
Must be nice to work in an office with Richard Herring and ... some other fella.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

To be fair (and I know I used the word 'cunts' yesterday in this thread ), laughing at nothing in an office environment is simple human nature. I've done it. You've done it. Madhair60 's done it, I'll wager.
It's human nature. We can't beat it. We just have to live with it. To be a cunt is human, to be a fat bloke dressed up as Diana Dors in John Waters films and die ages ago is Divine.

Urinal Cake

Stop laughing, colleague. You're laughing at time.

Paul Calf

Quote from: icehaven on March 12, 2019, 10:59:32 AM
Salad eaters are notorious for this.

They're actually grimacing and spitting through gritted teeth "GET ME A FUCKING SAUSAGE SANDWICH".

Glebe

Quote from: icehaven on March 12, 2019, 10:59:32 AM

The lady in the lower-right is very attractive. I hope I'm not a sexist for saying that.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Glebe on March 13, 2019, 12:47:25 PM
The lady in the lower-right is very attractive. I hope I'm not a dyslexic for saying that.

momatt

There are a gaggle of cunts like this in my office.
Humour to them is making a silly noise, or saying a word in a stupid voice.  Then the other one repeating it.  Then another one repeating it with glee.
Really fucking loud glee.

No, I don't work in a dog kennel or a nursery school.

Leaving soon though.  It's ok to set fire to your old office as you leave, right?  An old traditional prank?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: momatt on March 18, 2019, 04:16:42 PM
There are a gaggle of cunts like this in my office.
Humour to them is making a silly noise, or saying a word in a stupid voice.  Then the other one repeating it.  Then another one repeating it with glee.
Really fucking loud glee.

No, I don't work in a dog kennel or a nursery school.

Is it The House of Commonsooooooohsatirrrrrrrreee

momatt

Nah.
If I worked there it would already be on fire.
Gleeful fire.

jobotic

The lady in the lower-right is very attractive. I hope I'm not a sexist for saying that.

Eyes on the salad, yeah?

Buelligan

Remember, salad is an anagram of a, lads.  So I think you probably are a secretly signalling sexist.

Not really, of course, lovely Glebe, you're lovely.  Fucking hell, hope I'm not being sexist for saying that.

Forking salad.

up_the_hampipe

When madhair goes on a killing spree at his office, these threads will prove to be haunting reminders that we could have stopped him.

neveragain

Customer: Row D?
Me: Four rows from the front.
Customer: Hahahaha! At the front, four rows, hahahaha!

Captain Crunch

Just be thankful you don't work in an office with Nasty Ina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQGOEqgz4oM

Kevin Eldon's character laughing to himself, in the lift with Alan Partridge, was funny.

Janie Jones

That completely pointless, mirthless laughing at nothing that oils the wheels of British social intercourse is puerile but you do notice it when it's not there. In some cultures (such as some Eastern European ones) smiling or laughing, unless something is genuinely funny or making you happy*, is seen as rude and imbecilic. Hence you get stories about Russian staff in Costa having to 'learn to smile' at customers. An Eastern European girl works in my local post office and whenever I hand her my Drop & Go packages, I feel like a gurning idiot with my overlearned politeness and pathetic laughing at nothing, like 'Oh, hi again, haha, here's my D&G, sorry the bag's a bit wet, heheh, it's still raining hard, ha...' She wordlessly takes it from me and I thank her profusely and back away, childishly muttering, 'Fuck you, Ice Queen,' only when out of the post office. The lass has done nothing wrong, she's executed the job she's paid for faultlessly, but that difference in how we approach this banal transaction is very noticeable and leaves me feeling a bit shit.

*Like poisoning suspected spies or forcing drug-addicted teenagers into prostitution SEE SHE'S MADE ME RACIST