Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:15:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People who you hate despite the fact they aren't really egregiously bad

Started by madhair60, March 12, 2019, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Colleague of mine just talks in a put-on high "cute" voice and makes a huge fucking fuss out of everything. "I accidentally spilled a small amount of water" "OH NOOOOOOOOOO OHHHHHH IT'S SOAKING OHHHHHH I'M SO SORRY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THERE'S WATER EVERYWHERE OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARE YOU OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY YOU POOR THING"

Actually I've changed my mind, that is a fucking state isn't it.

Cuellar

Jumblegraws

I have a hatred for my primary school PE teacher that can sour my mood if I dwell on it but I'm not really sure why. She wasn't the archetypal drill sergeant PE teacher or anything and I don't think she ever spoke directly to me more than twice, but I hated her and her purple shellsuit and the wrist support she always had on and her stupid Screech Powers hair.

Buelligan

I don't think I really hate anyone - with the obvious exceptions of mass-murderers and so on - but there are people that put my back up almost instantaneously (and probably not entirely fairly). 

I noticed my rising dislike of Michelle Dewberry when I was watching Politics Live yesterday.  Obviously, I deplore her ideas but there are lots of people with ideas like hers that don't fill me with the desire to escape their company at the first available opportunity.  I can listen to them without feeling the need that one of us must go.  So what is it that riles me so? 

It's her fucking monotone whining lecturing humourless voice and the pretentious way she often outlines her pedestrian ideas but the voice mainly, that endless unfriendly noise.  Jesusfuckingchrist.

Listen if you dare.

pancreas

holyzombiejesus

There's a Discogs seller that I hate despite never having had any dealings with him whatsoever. The sole reason is that he offers a 10% "Brexit apology" discount to European buyers.

Buelligan

You're bloody right to hate him.  I hate him too now.  Racist.

Neville Chamberlain

I've had a bit of a think about this, going over various people from the past and present, and the only person that actually stirred emotions akin to hatred within my stomach was Nicholas Witchell.

Lordofthefiles

famethrowa

The Australian comedian(?) Sammy J. I guess he's a decent looking bloke, pretty normal, but I cannot watch a second of him, makes my skin crawl. Now he's doing some weird yoga comedy thing in tight clothes and it is disgusting. Can't stand him. Don't know why.

Bently Sheds

On a forum I lurk on is a "My Artwork" thread where posters share their art. There is one poster on there who has been on it for a couple of years now who seems to only be able to draw a snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket, always facing the same way, always with the same expression.

Over the course of the thread it is obvious how their skill has improved dramatically, but it's always the same picture of a snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket. Sometimes she's holding a futuristic gun, sometimes a book. Same face, same hair, same snub nose. The poster always gets praise for their great art. The one time they tried to draw something other than a snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket it looked bad. That got praise too.

Given that I can't even draw a bath I don't' really have room to criticise someone who can draw something, but even so, fuck that poster. I fucking hate their snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket drawings and I hate them.

lebowskibukowski

Monty Don, with his BFG weather-beaten features. I'm sure he is probably a very nice chap but I have to turn the TV over the instant he comes on.

pigamus

Mishal Husain. Bland corporate personality void. Her and her kind give me the fear.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bently Sheds on March 12, 2019, 01:16:34 PM
On a forum I lurk on is a "My Artwork" thread where posters share their art. There is one poster on there who has been on it for a couple of years now who seems to only be able to draw a snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket, always facing the same way, always with the same expression.

Over the course of the thread it is obvious how their skill has improved dramatically, but it's always the same picture of a snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket. Sometimes she's holding a futuristic gun, sometimes a book. Same face, same hair, same snub nose. The poster always gets praise for their great art. The one time they tried to draw something other than a snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket it looked bad. That got praise too.

Given that I can't even draw a bath I don't' really have room to criticise someone who can draw something, but even so, fuck that poster. I fucking hate their snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket drawings and I hate them.

To be fair his/her final piece was excellent

Icehaven

Carol the blonde Scottish weather woman on the BBC. It started a few years ago when I suddenly noticed that she says 'Scotlind' instead of Scotland, and I've never heard anyone (Scottish or otherwise) say it like that before so it sounded affected, as if she was trying to put on a slight Marilyn Monroe/Joan from Mad Men-esque mannered voice, which I considered a silly thing for a middle aged British breakfast news weather reporter in about 2015 to be attempting to do. Since then it's just snowballed (ha!) and now I literally can't stand the sound of her voice at all and lunge for the mute button every time she appears. I believe she was on Strictly at some point and was willing her to fall and rupture her voicebox so she sounded like Rab C Nesbit for the rest of her life. 

Bently Sheds

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 12, 2019, 01:44:55 PM
To be fair his/her final piece was excellent

I must admit, their portrait of Paloma Faith was outstanding.

He's never done me any harm but I fucking properly loathe Ricky Gervais, can't even watch him on screen for 20 seconds without leaving the room. This has nothing to do with his comedy or views, the bloke just makes my skin crawl.

Small Man Big Horse

The only one I can think of is Jonathan Ross. On paper I should like him, he's in to comics and passionate about film, but I find him a little sleazy and smug, and his attempts at comedy are painful. I watched an episode of Roast Battle recently where he was one of the judges and he came across as desperate to be "down with the kids", as they used to say but hopefully no longer do so, like a creepy uncle who wants everyone to think he's cool even though he's a bit of a dick.

Quote from: famethrowa on March 12, 2019, 12:31:14 PM
The Australian comedian(?) Sammy J. I guess he's a decent looking bloke, pretty normal, but I cannot watch a second of him, makes my skin crawl. Now he's doing some weird yoga comedy thing in tight clothes and it is disgusting. Can't stand him. Don't know why.

I've only seen the Ricketts Lane sitcom but I quite like him. Sorry

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 12, 2019, 11:15:17 AM
There's a Discogs seller that I hate despite never having had any dealings with him whatsoever. The sole reason is that he offers a 10% "Brexit apology" discount to European buyers.

He'll regret that once he realises he has to fill in shitloads of CN22 forms at the Post Office to fulfil EU orders post-Brexit, for less money because Sterling will have taken a hammering.

Chollis

Quote from: Bently Sheds on March 12, 2019, 01:16:34 PM

Link to thread please

SteveDave

Miles Kane

EDIT- Actually he's worse than bad.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 12, 2019, 02:08:46 PM
The only one I can think of is Jonathan Ross. On paper I should like him, he's in to comics and passionate about film, but I find him a little sleazy and smug, and his attempts at comedy are painful. I watched an episode of Roast Battle recently where he was one of the judges and he came across as desperate to be "down with the kids", as they used to say but hopefully no longer do so, like a creepy uncle who wants everyone to think he's cool even though he's a bit of a dick.

Yeah, I get what you mean. But he doesn't flash his cock any more, so that's something.

Clownbaby

Ruth Goodman. She seems very pleased with herself.

Andy Samberg. He seems very pleased with himself. 

I used to like Jon Richardson enough but he started bothering me.

Brie Larson hasn't done a thing to be irritating but there's something about her I'm not sure about

Head Gardener

oi! Richard Hawley, Paul Weller, Dermot O' Leary, Zoe Ball, Theresa May,
even if I had a watch, which I don't, I'd have no time for them, sorry
but I don't HATE anyone really, I love you all

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Head Gardener on March 12, 2019, 02:53:26 PM
oi! Richard Hawley, Paul Weller, Dermot O' Leary, Zoe Ball, Theresa May,
even if I had a watch, which I don't, I'd have no time for them, sorry
but I don't HATE anyone really, I love you all

You're saying that Theresa May isn't egregiously bad?

Noonling