Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,454
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People who you hate despite the fact they aren't really egregiously bad

Started by madhair60, March 12, 2019, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Quote from: Bently Sheds on March 12, 2019, 01:16:34 PM
On a forum I lurk on is a "My Artwork" thread where posters share their art. There is one poster on there who has been on it for a couple of years now who seems to only be able to draw a snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket, always facing the same way, always with the same expression.

Over the course of the thread it is obvious how their skill has improved dramatically, but it's always the same picture of a snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket. Sometimes she's holding a futuristic gun, sometimes a book. Same face, same hair, same snub nose. The poster always gets praise for their great art. The one time they tried to draw something other than a snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket it looked bad. That got praise too.

Given that I can't even draw a bath I don't' really have room to criticise someone who can draw something, but even so, fuck that poster. I fucking hate their snub nosed ginger haired girl in a green jacket drawings and I hate them.

She was their first victim; now she still haunts them through their art.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on March 12, 2019, 11:45:56 PM
Olivia Colman. I love Peep Show and I've liked her in lots of different things but the professional English luvvie schtick narks me off. Blowing a raspberry in her Oscar speech and being all charming and lovely. We get it, you're posh and English.

Yeah that rubbed me up the wrong way. She knows people think she's adorable and she was definitely playing up. It did not feel like a genuine reaction

Clownbaby

That woman from the Oral-B toothpaste advert, with her stupid face.

Cerys

Cuellar

As a child we used Oral-B toothpaste, and generic toothbrushes. So it actually came as a surprise to me that Oral-B made something other than toothpaste!

poodlefaker

The Reverend Richard Coles inspires irrational anger in me. The fact that he is always "the Reverend" Richard fucking Coles. The fact that he always appears on TV in his fucking vicar's outfit (why?).  That terrible fucking Radio 4 programme he does. The fact that he acted like a complete cunt to everyone when he was a famous popstar, but then became a vicar so it's fine. Seems to be friends  with VL-S on Twitter, whereas I'd expect Vic to loathe him as much as I do.

Reverend Bronski Beat, I call him; imagine how cross he'd be.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yeah, he annoys me. If he was the former opostar and current-day McDonald's worker Richard Coles, he wouldn't go on panel shows in his fucking McDonald's uniform, would he ?

shiftwork2

Quote from: poodlefaker on March 13, 2019, 12:07:11 PM
The Reverend Richard Coles inspires irrational anger in me. The fact that he is always "the Reverend" Richard fucking Coles. The fact that he always appears on TV in his fucking vicar's outfit (why?).  That terrible fucking Radio 4 programme he does. The fact that he acted like a complete cunt to everyone when he was a famous popstar, but then became a vicar so it's fine. Seems to be friends  with VL-S on Twitter, whereas I'd expect Vic to loathe him as much as I do.

Reverend Bronski Beat, I call him; imagine how cross he'd be.

This is a great call.  My cynicism has now reached such a level that I'm prepared to believe he did it to further his media career.  Imagine plain old Richard Coles on the radio and telly in 2019.  Nope.

Clownbaby

Oh I defo think he's flaunting the vicar business with the collar to give himself something gimmicky which he can then back up cause technically he is a vicar anyway. He's one of those people who seems to be generally adored and seen as a wholesome treasure, like Mary Berry, except I get it with her.

I really don't like Tom Hiddleston the more I hear from him. He's too nicey nicey,  I don't like it. There's nothing wrong with being nice but it feels like with him he's desperate to come off as nice and unthreatening as possible. I think for a while people confused "good looking and posh" with "convincing actor". That I heart Taylor Swift STUNT was awful as well. Taylor Swift. Oh it would be fuckin Taylor Swift wouldn't it Tom lad. He's just so wet and dull. But I can't comfortably say this to most people because they don't understand how I could dislike someone who is so nice and inoffensive.

Hey, Punk!

You know those blokes that knock about every so often? You've seen them. They have hair on the back and side of their heads, but none on the top. Can't stand them, they should stay inside.

poodlefaker

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 13, 2019, 02:50:15 PM
This is a great call.  My cynicism has now reached such a level that I'm prepared to believe he did it to further his media career.  Imagine plain old Richard Coles on the radio and telly in 2019.  Nope.

Now this I'd never considered, but I'm taking it fully on board. My loathing knows no bounds.

St_Eddie

Matt Damon.  I refuse to watch a film if he's in it.  The worst that I can say about him is that he's bland but my dislike for him goes far beyond that.  I don't know why.  Then last year, a bloke in a pub said that I looked like Matt Damon.  Seething I was.  Seething.

Noonling

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 13, 2019, 03:54:16 PM
Matt Damon.  I refuse to watch a film if he's in it.  The worst that I can say about him is that he's bland but my dislike for him goes far beyond that.  I don't know why.  Then last year, a bloke in a pub said that I looked like Matt Damon.  Seething I was.  Seething.

The Departed is very confusing. Didnt think I could get Matt Damon and Leo DiCaprio confused. But wow, I can.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 13, 2019, 02:50:15 PM

Also, Reverend Kate Bottley. There's just nothing there is there? Just CofE-mandated empathy wrapped up in blandness.

Anecdotally (and name-dropperyly), I got pissed with (The Reverend) Richard Coles once and he was lovely- very funny and open. And I like Saturday Live (well, apart from the 'thank you' section. Oh, and the bit that they pretend isn't Desert Island Discs, but just is.)

Buelligan

Quote from: Noonling on March 13, 2019, 04:01:31 PM
The Departed is very confusing. Didnt think I could get Matt Damon and Leo DiCaprio confused. But wow, I can.

That was The Talented Mr Ripley.

greenman

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 13, 2019, 03:54:16 PM

Now that you mention it....

St_Eddie

alan nagsworth

The Flaming Lips.

On further pondering, in the past it has once or twice occurred to me that the real reason I hate them is because everyone else likes them, and those who like them fucking love them, and I just don't get it. I'm probably being a proper miserable piece of shit and they're an explosion of joy and beauty and I should just let The Flaming Lips have it, and let everyone else have The Flaming Lips, and I move on with all the other (better) bands like Ween and Super Furry Animals and I get on with my life.

But I'm not fucking having it. No. I'm the only person who really, truly understands The Flaming Lips, and I've concluded the same thing time and time again: I see them in the same way Mark Corrigan sees the pilled-up lad in his living room. "You're not a bad person, but I'm afraid to say you are a moron."

idunnosomename

Sheila Hancock. Pointless, not funny (maybe not unfunny) luvvie who gets everywhere on her plummy voice.

Pam Ayres is a fucking disaster though and fucking hate her. To think people compared you to Victoria Wood. You unfunny bumpkin.

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 13, 2019, 07:33:38 PM
The Flaming Lips.

On further pondering, in the past it has once or twice occurred to me that the real reason I hate them is because everyone else likes them, and those who like them fucking love them, and I just don't get it. I'm probably being a proper miserable piece of shit and they're an explosion of joy and beauty and I should just let The Flaming Lips have it, and let everyone else have The Flaming Lips, and I move on with all the other (better) bands like Ween and Super Furry Animals and I get on with my life.

But I'm not fucking having it. No. I'm the only person who really, truly understands The Flaming Lips, and I've concluded the same thing time and time again: I see them in the same way Mark Corrigan sees the pilled-up lad in his living room. "You're not a bad person, but I'm afraid to say you are a moron."

I heartily dislike them too, I like some seriously "individual" sounding singers but Wayne Coyne's reedy whine makes me seethe.

king_tubby

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 13, 2019, 07:33:38 PM
The Flaming Lips.

YAS QUEEN! I've fucking hated them since the first time I heard them in the early 90s with that 'She don't use jelly' song and that other about the fucking zoo, fucking shitlord motherfuckers couldn't hold a candle to the early Mercury Rev that everyone compared them to.

Basic.

alan nagsworth

I hate all three of you for ruining my "one thing that no one else does that makes me super unique".

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 13, 2019, 09:20:50 PM
Pam Ayres is a fucking disaster though and fucking hate her. To think people compared you to Victoria Wood. You unfunny bumpkin.

Agree 100%, I hate the 'we're all the same deep down' tone of it all. It's why I hate a lot of mainstream stand up. 'We all have pets, don't we? They do things don't they?'.

Twit 2

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on March 12, 2019, 11:45:56 PM
Olivia Colman. I love Peep Show and I've liked her in lots of different things but the professional English luvvie schtick narks me off. Blowing a raspberry in her Oscar speech and being all charming and lovely. We get it, you're posh and English.

I also dislike the false modesty. She had the audacity to say 'I'm just a girl from a little Norfolk village' like she's some bumpkin made good. I suppose saying 'I come from a wealthy background and attended an elite private school' doesn't have the same ring to it.

earl_sleek

Tom Daley. There's something off about him, like he's actually being piloted by a tiny alien in his head.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 13, 2019, 10:31:38 PM
I also dislike the false modesty. She had the audacity to say 'I'm just a girl from a little Norfolk village' like she's some bumpkin made good. I suppose saying 'I come from a wealthy background and attended an elite private school' doesn't have the same ring to it.

Mm.

And she was very quickly the worst thing about Peep Show.

Twed

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 13, 2019, 10:31:38 PM
Yeah, all that "I worked as a cleaner" and "any little girl in her bedroom" stuff and completely excluding being privately educated.

idunnosomename

Thing about Colman in Peep Show is originally she was the unachievable love interest. Once she was a real person the character collapsed and was a totally unbelievable shell. But I'd suggest that was Armstrong and Bain's fault rather than Colman.