Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:02:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

People who you hate despite the fact they aren't really egregiously bad

Started by madhair60, March 12, 2019, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Crunch

Quote from: poodlefaker on March 13, 2019, 12:07:11 PM
The Reverend Richard Coles inspires irrational anger in me. The fact that he is always "the Reverend" Richard fucking Coles. The fact that he always appears on TV in his fucking vicar's outfit (why?).  That terrible fucking Radio 4 programme he does. The fact that he acted like a complete cunt to everyone when he was a famous popstar, but then became a vicar so it's fine. Seems to be friends  with VL-S on Twitter, whereas I'd expect Vic to loathe him as much as I do.

Well said.  And, AND the horrible little last word chummy jokes he tries to get in on every interview.   It creeps up on you but once you realise what a grabby little bastard he is it just becomes unbearable. 

greenman

Quote from: king_tubby on March 13, 2019, 10:19:11 PM
YAS QUEEN! I've fucking hated them since the first time I heard them in the early 90s with that 'She don't use jelly' song and that other about the fucking zoo, fucking shitlord motherfuckers couldn't hold a candle to the early Mercury Rev that everyone compared them to.

Basic.

Jonathan Donahue was in both bands of course so really it was more him bringing a bit of the same sound to them, that era is clearly the lips best for me even if its inferior to what he was doing with Mercury Rev. When he left you got Clouds Taste Metallic which was the start of the shift towards blander "kooky" indie for them.

touchingcloth

Is there any objective reason to hate Ryan Gosling? Because I wish grave upon him whenever I see him, but I'm not entirely sure why.

idunnosomename

Saturday Live is fucking hot garbage but Richard Coles is, yes, a nice man. Met him at his church of Finedon (just outside Wellingborough, Nhants) good few years ago now. But despite being of immense historical interest the building's not left open like most churches are yeah so fuck him.

Norton Canes

Hardly worth starting a thread for it, so... Cheltenham cunts

That Olivia Colman acceptance speech was despicable. Obviously I'm not allowed to say this in real life because everyone was falling over themselves to say how much they loved her in Peep Show and how marvellously authentically English the whole affair was and oh did you SEE that raspberry!

I can't bear that twee affected bullshit. Get to.

Paul Calf

I agree that Olivia Colman is an overprivileged pile of toss, but I couldn't agree that she was the worst thing about it Peep Show. She's the only woman in it who doesn't end up as a 2-D wank fantasy for Jez or Mark.

Space ghost

alan nagsworth

Colman's character in Peep Show is hilariously tragic. In terms of "watching thru your fingers" telly, in the first few series she was one of the best things about it. A complete fucking nightmare and a really well written one at that.

jobotic

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 12, 2019, 10:52:47 PM
Borderline calls only because I can't fully articulate my hatred for their bland automaton thick-as-shit yet seemingly lively schtick but Zoe Ball and Dermot.  It's because they threaten to say something interesting or funny yet are unable to due to being dim, and that tension wears me out.

Speaking as someone who lives with a person who puts Radio 2 on every bloody morning, I love Zoe Ball so much, but purely for the reason that she isn't Chris Evans.

Flaming lips? Dull, not interested. Don't hate them, don't care. Same with Mercury Rev although i mix them up. Chasing a Bee was good but not enough to distract me from the Buttyhole Surfers*.

* I spotted the typo but it made me smile so it's staying.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 12, 2019, 10:08:57 PM
Very surprised that no-ones mentioned the bafflingly overrated, lingually-overendowed interfering pop-wrecker Jamie Oliver. I have an utterly irrational loathing for him and hope all the people put out of a job when his pretentious, over-marketed restaurants go out of business storm his house and shit on his carpet.

https://twitter.com/AntLynch10/status/1105468030144966657

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on March 12, 2019, 11:19:50 AM
I've had a bit of a think about this, going over various people from the past and present, and the only person that actually stirred emotions akin to hatred within my stomach was Nicholas Witchell.

Are you by any chance Prince Charles?

Mine is Myleene Klass, for no reason that I can identify.  The level of my completely irrational hatred for her is baffling, and frankly a bit worrying in terms of what it says about me.

SteveDave

Marky Mark and the Bow and Arrow one from The Avengers. Both of them ruin EVERY film their stupid pudgy faces appear in.

Clownbaby

Nathan Fillion has always kind of pissed me off and I don't really know why. He hasn't done anything, he doesn't look particularly annoying and unpleasant and doesn't really come across as a cunt yet when I see he's in something I huff

St_Eddie

Jockice

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 12, 2019, 02:08:46 PM
The only one I can think of is Jonathan Ross. On paper I should like him, he's in to comics and passionate about film, but I find him a little sleazy and smug, and his attempts at comedy are painful. I watched an episode of Roast Battle recently where he was one of the judges and he came across as desperate to be "down with the kids", as they used to say but hopefully no longer do so, like a creepy uncle who wants everyone to think he's cool even though he's a bit of a dick.

I didn't even like him in 1987. Wish he'd piss off back there.

Captain Crunch

Quote from: David Pielingtonburygrot on March 15, 2019, 01:44:44 PM
Eddie Mair.

A classic example of a man who once got complimented on his wit then spends the next twenty years strutting around thinking he's Clive fucking James.  See also Richard Osman. 

idunnosomename

Hugo Rifkind

like. I could do what he does. He's not funny, he's not witty, hes just sort of is there. Let me have a go at that you cunt

Oh wait you're called Hugo and people knew your father.

Jockice

Neil Hannon. I was watching an Irish bands thing that was pm BBC4 at ths weekend and he appeared doing Smug Bus Shite, which is even worse than Smug  Woodshed Shite. As always my  instinct kicked in and I just sat there thinking: "I'd really like to hit him." The smug little tit.

I'm not a violent man by the way. This instinct only occurs when I see such figures of evil as Michael Gove, Keith Allen and Cilla Black.

king_tubby

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 16, 2019, 04:34:42 PM
Hugo Rifkind

like. I could do what he does. He's not funny, he's not witty, hes just sort of is there. Let me have a go at that you cunt

Oh wait you're called Hugo and people knew your father.

yeah guys just an utter cunt who became ubiquitous on the already dreadful Radio 4 political comedy output because a) he's got a famous wealthy Tory wanker as a dad and b) the Torification of the BBC has been a state of total war so complete that even comedy has to be full of right-wingers now despite 99% of right wing 'comedians' being as funny as glioblastomas (and despite the existing spectrum of left-leaning political comedians on there stretching all the way from Blairite on the left to Kendallite on the right).

Clownbaby

I didn't realise how much I dislike Nish Kumar until my dad mistakenly thought I like him and I realised I was very, very thorough when I clarified that I do not. I couldn't go away with him just thinking that about me. That I like Nish Kumar.

Clownbaby

I'd forgot that Isy Suttie is in Shameless towards the end and I'd also forgot that I've never been able to put my figer on why I don't like her. Maybe it's her silly name. There's just something smug abkut her face she's always got a sort of goofy but unfriendly smile on her face

The Lurker

Quote from: Captain Crunch on March 15, 2019, 09:13:20 PM
A classic example of a man who once got complimented on his wit then spends the next twenty years strutting around thinking he's Clive fucking James.  See also Richard Osman.

I can't warm to Richard Osman despite the fact that he is seemingly a nice bloke. He comes across as a bit smug and there's just something about him, isn't there? Come on Richard, get embroiled in a scandal so I can justify my opinion.