Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:04:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

No vaccine no school

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 12, 2019, 11:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should children have to be vaccinated before they attend school?

Yes
65 (95.6%)
No
3 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 68

samadriel

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 12, 2019, 12:10:51 PM
Are there STILL people who are anti-vaccine?!?!?!?!

Fucking hell I had no idea, despite having an 8 year old.  Madness.

Is it still the autism thing, or have they come up with other spurious links now?

My anti-vaxxer cousin posted on FB some bullshit wordpress 'article' about a vaccine trial killing, from memory, sixty-something children.  There's no end to the lies.

Buelligan

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 12, 2019, 10:35:00 PM
The anti-vax thing is still huge here in California, largely among liberals who still think GMOs are inherently bad and advocate against chemotherapy in favor of meditation and ginger tea.  It's definitely not just an Alex Jones conservative thing, which is how the media tends to portray it now.

Then there are people somewhere in the middle, like my wife, who are into researching each vaccination and not doing them all at once.  I sympathise with this view a little more, since the insurance-driven healthcare system often results in doctors pushing a lot of unnecessary shit and doing it as quickly as possible so as to increase profits.  With her kid, they wanted about 10-15 vaccinations within the first six months alone, which she refused, instead opting to spread them out over the first couple of years.  The science differs a bit on this, but her kid's been fine at least.  When I asked my very by-the-book parents about it, they said I didn't get anywhere close to that many vaccinations as a child in the UK.  It's one of those unfortunate situations where you don't trust pseudoscientific panic, but you also can't completely trust the medical industry here.

I think this is a real problem.  The medical industry isn't solely populated with selfless healers just wanting to do their best for the little bubbas.  I know this because my cousin is a cancer surgeon in the US.  I've seen his Rolex collection (they're not all Rolexes, he has some Patek Philippe and so on, as you'd expect).

And whilst that sort of thing continues, alongside the real stories of pharmaceutical companies pushing out/rushing out drugs that have harmed rather than helped, the breeding ground for not entirely unfounded suspicion of the motives of some in the medical industry is ripe for paranoia.

Edited for a bad speeling.

gne

You guys are insanely authoritarian for Chris Morris fans. I wouldn't send my kids to your schools anyway, they'd be much better off without it. If your child's vaccinations don't even immunise them from said diseases then there's no justification for their use at all. I know none of the posters in this thread have any clue about vaccine ingredients, or at least about how dangerous they really are. Otherwise they wouldn't be acting like they have all the science to back them up. It's just braindead parroting of the media and an instant attack against anybody who questions their bumbling hive mind.

All the information required to make an informed choice about vaccines (no need to believe anything):
https://youtu.be/rGDNsqk0KR0

Afterwards if you're still so cocksure and arrogantly determined to get this poison into all children then God help us. We deserve to be led by ex-Nazi eugencists.

samadriel

gne

What an idiot. Had all your shots this year I guess.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for lower herd immunity you mindbelm

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 12, 2019, 10:35:00 PM
The anti-vax thing is still huge here in California, largely among liberals who still think GMOs are inherently bad and advocate against chemotherapy in favor of meditation and ginger tea.  It's definitely not just an Alex Jones conservative thing, which is how the media tends to portray it now.

Then there are people somewhere in the middle, like my wife, who are into researching each vaccination and not doing them all at once.  I sympathise with this view a little more, since the insurance-driven healthcare system often results in doctors pushing a lot of unnecessary shit and doing it as quickly as possible so as to increase profits.  With her kid, they wanted about 10-15 vaccinations within the first six months alone, which she refused, instead opting to spread them out over the first couple of years.  The science differs a bit on this, but her kid's been fine at least.  When I asked my very by-the-book parents about it, they said I didn't get anywhere close to that many vaccinations as a child in the UK.  It's one of those unfortunate situations where you don't trust pseudoscientific panic, but you also can't completely trust the medical industry here.

While it's perfectly legitimate to be healthily (geddit?!? - ed.) skeptical of "Big Pharma" what with it comprising a whole range of private companies who, as in any other industry, have a legitimate interest in turning a profit, companies actually get very little or no financial return on vaccines, which are complex and costly to make, as compared with the medicines.

gne

I fart in your general direction!

Neville Chamberlain

I point my child in your general direction so you can inhale his mercury-laced farts.

phes

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on March 12, 2019, 11:37:56 AM
If kids are vaccinated surely there's no threat from unvaccinated kids because they've been vaccinated?*

*literally no research was carried out before attempting this leap of logic

There's another consideration here and that's the safety of kids that we can't vaccinate. Kids on chemo, steroids, any kind of immuno suppressant may be unvaccinated.

So yeah, if you're not vaccinating your kid then you're increasing the probability that one of these kids will have measles on their plate, as well as leukemia

Buelligan

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 13, 2019, 08:11:20 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for lower herd immunity you mindbelm

Pull your horns in Shoulders, there's no need to be such an intolerant bully.  "Herd" is an interesting word to choose though.

gne

Pox parties are a natural method of providing a life time of immunity to the measles, something no vaccine can provide.

Buelligan

In fairness, gne, have you and yours had measles?  My mum thought she'd let me get measles naturally, I nearly fucking died, my eyesight was permanently damaged - I can still see and everything but still.  Not sure I'd recommend it if you have a choice.

gne

I had that and the chicken pox when I was a kid. Was just a week of wearing the oven gloves and laying about at home.

Buelligan

What can I say, you were lucky.  Both my brother and I were terribly ill.  And, as I said, I suffered permanent eye damage, something I deeply regret.

phes

Quote from: gne on March 13, 2019, 07:46:48 AM
Afterwards if you're still so cocksure and arrogant...

Quote from: gne on March 13, 2019, 08:27:22 AM
Pox parties are a natural method of providing a life time of immunity to the measles, something no vaccine can provide.

Mate

gne

How was your eyesight damaged, from scratching?

katzenjammer

Hmmm. Interesting choice for your first ever post there gne.

Buelligan

Quote from: gne on March 13, 2019, 08:35:41 AM
How was your eyesight damaged, from scratching?

I don't know, I'm not a doctor, the rash was so bad it sealed my eyes shut for days.  It was terrifying.  I remember I couldn't speak and would just cry out to my mum to come and put a flannel on them to try to soak them open.  It was fucking monstrous.  After that, I was never able to see properly again, extremely short sighted and so on.

If you google measles and blindness, I think you'll find there's quite a lot to read.

katzenjammer

Why was the antivaxers four year old kid crying?

Midlife crisis

katzenjammer

Quote from: gne on March 13, 2019, 08:31:59 AM
I had that and the chicken pox when I was a kid. Was just a week of wearing the oven gloves and laying about at home.

I've been in several car accidents but never been injured.  Does that mean they aren't dangerous?

gne

Quote from: katzenjammer on March 13, 2019, 08:43:50 AM
Why was the antivaxers four year old kid crying?

Midlife crisis

At least it wasn't dementia.

katzenjammer

Antivaxer logic in a nutshell

Antivaxer asks an engineer: is it safe to cross the bridge?
Engineer: it's 99.97% safe
Antivaxer: I'd rather swim
Engineer: but there are sharks in the water
Antivaxer: you got paid by big-bridge to say that.  I have some natural pepper spray to scare them off.  I don't know anyone that was killed by a shark

Buelligan

It's important to recognise that Big Bridge really has been paying people to lie - I think that's at the root of the problem.  And not just in this area, everywhere, the dreadful lies people tell in their relentless quest for money and power have eroded trust.  That needs calling out if anything does.

The people who've done it are as responsible as anyone is for the rise in people not trusting conventional medicine and they should be held to account for it.  They've done it, not out of ignorance and fear for those they love but out of naked greed.

gne

Quote from: katzenjammer on March 13, 2019, 09:06:33 AM
Antivaxer logic in a nutshell

Comparing an empirical science with experimental new drugs is a total fallacy. And all the information I linked regarding the risks comes directly from the horse's mouth.

madhair60

I for one believe children should be vaccinated against all diseases, including mump, diarrhoea and AID

katzenjammer

Quote from: gne on March 13, 2019, 09:27:44 AM
Comparing an empirical science with experimental new drugs is a total fallacy. And all the information I linked regarding the risks comes directly from the horse's mouth.

Experimental new drugs like the smallpox vaccine from 1796?  Vaccines are scientifically proven you absolute bulb.

Do you save a lot of money?  You might need it in the future when your kids grow up, realise how reckless you've been with their health, get themselves vaccinated and sue you for negligence.  This is already starting to happen with the first generation of antivaxer's kids.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/why-the-children-of-anti-vaxxers-are-taking-to-reddit-for-advice

gne

Quote from: katzenjammer on March 13, 2019, 09:50:39 AM
scientifically proven

I love this phrase.

Tell us then, what clinical studies prove that vaccinated people (who get all their currently recommended shots) are healthier than non-vaccinated people?

im barry bethel

What do we want?
POLIO
When do we want it?

confined to the 19th century along with smallpox, meningitis, diphtheria

Bronzy

Quote from: gne on March 13, 2019, 07:46:48 AM
You guys are insanely authoritarian for Chris Morris fans. I wouldn't send my kids to your schools anyway, they'd be much better off without it. If your child's vaccinations don't even immunise them from said diseases then there's no justification for their use at all. I know none of the posters in this thread have any clue about vaccine ingredients, or at least about how dangerous they really are. Otherwise they wouldn't be acting like they have all the science to back them up. It's just braindead parroting of the media and an instant attack against anybody who questions their bumbling hive mind.

All the information required to make an informed choice about vaccines (no need to believe anything):
https://youtu.be/rGDNsqk0KR0

Afterwards if you're still so cocksure and arrogantly determined to get this poison into all children then God help us. We deserve to be led by ex-Nazi eugencists.

If only there was a vaccine for being a fucking moron, eh?