Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:26:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The uncomfortable feeling of physical existence

Started by Noonling, March 12, 2019, 02:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noonling

Along with me being a miserable bastard at the moment I just don't like the actual feeling of existing physically. It's uncomfortable and weird. It doesn't feel right. I try to sit and lie and stand in lots of different ways and none of them are painful (well, unless I try to put my leg behind my head), but they're just...unsettling. I can't feel settled. My skin is exposed to the air, but if its not the air its clothes or bedsheets. And all the muscle, bones and sinews tangle and the jostling organs somehow contained within me (how do they fit?) and nothing is quite right. I was born to be a head in a jar, hooked up to electronics, not this physical being who needs to eat and sleep and shit.

Maybe its just the initial feelings of osteoporosis.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

How do you know you're not a head in a jar, or just a completely incorporeal mind?

Seriously, though, you should probably see a doctor.

pancreas

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Noonling on March 12, 2019, 02:55:35 PM
I was born to be a head in a jar, hooked up to electronics, not this physical being who needs to eat and sleep and shit.

Stephanie De Sykes considers rewrite? Freddie Mercury considers rewrite?

DukeDeMondo

ToneLa

I know how you feel but not how seriously to take it. I live in a simulation but unfortunately it's being run on Windows 10

Sebastian Cobb

I keep having that feeling like I've forgot to lock the door or have left the gas hob on, but at an existential level.

Cold Meat Platter

I genuinely recommend doing tai qi to better develop your sense of physical self. It's not too laborious, easy to start and increasingly popular. It'll very likely help you feel your body in a more balanced, settled way.

Twed

I'm a bit prematurely arthritic, and the only advice I can give is keep moving. All that "get 10,000 steps a day" and "get 20 minutes of exercise five days a week" stuff that sounds a bit baseline and weak is aimed at people whose bodies will seize up if they don't. So at the very least, do that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If you aren't in any diagnosable physical pain it sounds like a psychosomatic thing. You can't settle because your mind isn't allowing you to.

Therefore tai qi may work, or you may find you still can't get into the necessary mental state.

To be comfortable I'd say you need to be at peace in the moment, not thinking about the past or future. That can be achieved actively just as well as it can through meditation, bathing or smoking weed.

Find a way to be in the moment, unencumbered. Knob someone, chain yourself to a cliff, write, travel.

Mister Six

Quote from: ToneLa on March 12, 2019, 03:07:14 PM
I know how you feel but not how seriously to take it. I live in a simulation but unfortunately it's being run on Windows 10

At least it's not Windows ME, because then you'd be falling asleep all the time.

Anyway, yeah, OP should have a word with a doctor.

Cuellar

Noonling

God you're all so boring, "see a doctor", why don't any of you recommend a homeopathic therpaist?!?!/!/