Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,483
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:19:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

new holly herndon album 'proto' out may 10

Started by kittens, March 12, 2019, 10:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

lads new holly herndon album 'proto' out may 10

link to video for new single 'eternal'

her last album was total jaws on floors bangin trax and shite i never heard anyone do before or since. since then she has given birth to some kinda artificial intelligence that she thinks is her daughter and is apparently her main collaborator on this album. think it's gonna be really good.

here is what she said about the last track released from the album, 'godmother'

link to the song she is talking about there

she ought to be careful making mad robots and that but so long as she is having fun that's fine i suppose. anyway lads gonna be great i reckon.

Norton Canes

Meant to mention Eternal in the 'last track you played five times in a row' thread. Amazing stuff.

buttgammon

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 12, 2019, 10:20:27 PM
Meant to mention Eternal in the 'last track you played five times in a row' thread. Amazing stuff.

Yeah, it's brilliant. I'm really looking forward to this, especially as it's clearly something she's put a lot of effort into and isn't just going to be Platform mk II (I love Platform but the more innovation the better).

Pauline Walnuts

Rejected 'too scary' album cover.

Something something done worse.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

^ doesn't really look that scary in comparison when your avatar is next to it

BlodwynPig

Out today!

Just 'avin a listen now while I grate some garlic bulbs and Im personally finding it way more alluring than her previous worm which I found interesting but could only listen to for short periods of time. Really struggle with choppy electronic music; cant listen to Gold Panda for the same reason.

Only a few songs in but just really innovative moody electronic with a lot more vocals than i remember from the other albums (if there were even any?)

Pauline Walnuts

Second track sounds like 2 songs playing at once.

Great!

kittens

got the vinyl waiting for after my bath. i'm so hyped i can only be disappointed. but still gonna be good i reckon. more thoughts incoming (these thoughts will be 'liked it' or 'didn't like it').

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 10, 2019, 02:23:47 PM
why?

I have one of those tiny graters about the size of an infant mouse...just some recipes it more or less has the same effect as mincing it so I grate it. If you got a problem with that I suggest we take it INside

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on May 10, 2019, 04:29:04 PM
Second track sounds like 2 songs playing at once.

Great!

On further listening that is what I struggle with with her stuff; dynamically its very relentless and just assaults you but in a way that gets a bit tiring. I have no issue with either loud or busy music but this defintely feels like a bit much at times and can get a bit draining

Quote from: Misspent Boners on May 10, 2019, 02:21:30 PM
Out today!

Just 'avin a listen now while I grate some garlic bulbs and Im personally finding it way more alluring than her previous work which I found interesting but could only listen to for short periods of time. Really struggle with choppy electronic music; cant listen to Gold Panda for the same reason.

Only a few songs in but just really innovative moody electronic with a lot more vocals than i remember from the other albums (if there were even any?)

kittens

she done it again lads. she only gone and done it again. they said it couldn't be done but she only gone and done it again.

kittens

it's better than the last one. darn. what a banger. fuckin hell lads

Sebastian Cobb

Shouldn't have turned off the new Patience album for this.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Misspent Boners on May 10, 2019, 06:22:20 PM
I have one of those tiny graters about the size of an infant mouse

Some fully grown mice stay the same size as what you're on about. The dormouse for example. Why didn't you just say "dormouse" instead of wasting our time conjuring up a mental image of an unspecified breed of mouse in infancy? This whole debacle is making me question you as a person to be honest.

Pauline Walnuts

I put this album on my walkman phone and went out in the sunshine to listen to it, without distraction. But unfortunately I ended up listening to the first album by The Nice instead.

There's aways tomorrow.

buttgammon

I've played this a few times now and it's really starting to click. Great album!

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 11, 2019, 02:01:41 PM
Shouldn't have turned off the new Patience album for this.

Was 'White Of An Eye' was co-credited to Chris and Cosey because they sat down and co-wrote it, or was it because it too close to/Sampled October Love Song?

Dirty Boy

This is fucking great. It seems like the kind of thing that Bjork should be doing instead of pissing around with flutes.

Pauline Walnuts

So what do we think about this 18 months or so later?

I still think New Ways to Love  Platform remains her best album.

buttgammon

Still loving this and playing it quite regularly. It's such a different beast to Platform that I can't even begin to think about which I prefer.