Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:30:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How do I send gmails?

Started by Glebe, March 13, 2019, 12:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Do I do it on my phone or a tablets?

YOU decide!

ToneLa

Kick the fuckin library doors open and announce: HERE COMES THE KING

The elderly assistant may look at you strangely but she is simply not used to the sheer force with which you enter the library. You've been waiting for this day. You've been training for this day.

Saunter, swinging your arms high, over to the computers. The walk is everything. Smile your biggest ever smile at the pensioners` group who meet on Wednesday afternoons to play Ludo. For you have zeal! You are a missionary!

Sidle to the computer in the furthest corner; YES YES, GET IN, it is free! Better still be smiling.

And log in and BAM: YOU. THE INTERNET.

Then you just go to the website, like, so I figure I've covered the important shite.

Dex Sawash

Glebe

I finally figured it out; you connect the ethernet connection to the modem and press 'send'.

seepage

I hope you connected to the port for the addressee, otherwise the gmail will have been sent to someone else

seepage

that reminds me: I hate it when people use the office of entry instead of the port of origin

Glebe

Quote from: seepage on March 13, 2019, 05:17:47 PMI hope you connected to the port for the addressee, otherwise the gmail will have been sent to someone else

It says 'ERROR: Bad Gateway'. What did I do wrong now?

seepage

'phone your local gmail office and ask them to check that the incoming port for the addressee is connected to the correct outgoing port

Glebe

Quote from: seepage on March 14, 2019, 10:43:27 AM'phone your local gmail office and ask them to check that the incoming port for the addressee is connected to the correct outgoing port

Do I go to the Google offices? I'm confused.

seepage

you can 'phone them - the number should be in your Phone Book, Yellow Pages or Thompson Guide

Bum Flaps

Quote from: Glebe on March 14, 2019, 10:22:10 AM
It says 'ERROR: Bad Gateway'. What did I do wrong now?

Check that your gateway isn't jammed with an improperly delivered email

Glebe

Quote from: Bum Flaps on March 15, 2019, 12:43:36 AMCheck that your gateway isn't jammed with an improperly delivered email

It says something about IP address. I don't know where IP is.

petril

Quote from: seepage on March 14, 2019, 03:08:51 PM
you can 'phone them - the number should be in your Phone Book, Yellow Pages or Thompson Guide

and also at the Royal Docks. painted in eight foot high letters. paradise green 2 from Dulux

Glebe

Ethernet cable unplugged: Please reset IP Address. What now?

Cuellar

ToneLa

Glebe

ERROR: WIFI not sensed.

What now?

ToneLa

Quote from: Glebe on March 15, 2019, 07:48:25 PM
ERROR: WIFI not sensed.

What now?

Face the router west. The earth produces magnetism that affects wifi turning clockwise or not; of course, in the eastern hemisphere, you'd turn it right

Spoon of Ploff

Never mind gmail...

bring back gee-gee mail!!

Glebe

This isn't funny, SoP. I'm having a serious emails problem here.

I've tried all your suggestions and they don't work. Should I try plugging the computers in? Would that work?

ToneLa

Sorry to ask the blatantly obvious, but have you tried watering them?

Glebe

Quote from: ToneLa on March 15, 2019, 08:04:12 PMSorry to ask the blatantly obvious, but have you tried watering them?

I do wish people would take this seriously.

I've plugged in. Should I press the 'ON' button?

ToneLa

Quote from: Glebe on March 15, 2019, 08:05:35 PM

How should I know? Are you ON something or what?

You'd do well to think from the computer's point of view TBQHWY. And I can predict your next post already: "I don't even know how the computer feels!"

And you wonder why you have problems.

seepage

Quote from: Glebe on March 15, 2019, 08:05:35 PM

I'm curious how it said "WIFI not sensed" without it being on. Has it got a front panel display?

btw the way, is your PC gas or electric?

seepage

You said computers, plural. Is one electric and the other gas? Maybe that's the issue.

seepage

Buzby is probably more knowledgeable on the subject, but I think:
Lot nos. xxx0001 to xxx0235 are electric
xxx0236 to xxx0537 are gas
Then after that they switched back to electric

xxx = the manufacturer code e.g. SEN = Naples

canadagoose

Quote from: seepage on March 16, 2019, 02:04:20 AM
Buzby is probably more knowledgeable on the subject, but I think:
Lot nos. xxx0001 to xxx0235 are electric
xxx0236 to xxx0537 are gas
Then after that they switched back to electric

xxx = the manufacturer code e.g. SEN = Naples
Just make sure it's not SEP, because that's Nipples. And we wouldn't want that.

Glebe

"Please update to Windows 7 or later version."

seepage

you might be able to avoid an upgrade if you ask your local Microsoft Store to install an up-to-date TCP/IP stack for your version. They might have to turn off the gas/water/electric and take the carpet up though.

Glebe

Quote from: seepage on March 16, 2019, 01:24:40 PMyou might be able to avoid an upgrade if you ask your local Microsoft Store to install an up-to-date TCP/IP stack for your version. They might have turn off the gas/electric/water and lift up the carpet though.

Yeah, thanks a lot, mate. That's a great help.

I'm getting quite angry at this stage, to be honest. *smashes a table over*