Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:26:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who is Best Pope?

Started by Blumf, March 13, 2019, 12:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

We need answers!

(in the Corbyn thread...)

Quote from: Replies From View on March 13, 2019, 08:57:48 AM
Has there ever been a single good Pope??

Quote from: Sherman Krank on March 13, 2019, 11:46:51 AM
Had a look but couldn't find any.

Found loads of bad ones though, here's a few of the worst...

Boniface VIII (Benedetto Caetani) - Power mad. A middle ages Bond villain always plotting to take over the world

Urban VI (Bartolomeo Prignano) - Psycho. Hobbies include torturing and murdering anyone he suspected of being French.

Stephen VI (Unknown) - Spectacular nutbag. Once had the rotting corpse of his predecessor dug up and put on trial for blasphemy. Lasted barely a year before being strangled to death.

Leo X (Giovanni de' Medici) - Greedy bastard. A lust for wealth so great that he inadvertently created Protestants.

John XII (Ottaviano) - Mad shagger. Reputedly murdered by an outraged husband who caught him in the act.

Alexander VI (Rodrigo Borgia) - Corruption, murder, rape, incest, up for anything this lad.

For starters, that Boniface pope is a complete misrepresentation, look...

Ain't nothing boni about that face. So definitely on the bad list.

Can't see much wrong with Urban VI, we've all done that. But it's not enough to get him on the good list.

Alexander VI seems like a party guy, but it can't be all fun, always 'on', need some chill time.

The current Pope seems okay, I guess, not been paying attention. Is he the best Pope?

Who is best Pope?

Goldentony

that pope who got a pair of tits implanted into his arse cheeks so he could get titfucked up the arse

kitsofan34

If anyone MENTIONS another pope other than Pope Adeoatus II, I'm going to stab a cunt.

baptist

Pope Prius, he is so fucking switched on environmentally.

Alberon

Quote from: Blumf on March 13, 2019, 12:01:54 PM
We need answers!

(in the Corbyn thread...)

For starters, that Boniface pope is a complete misrepresentation, look...

Best Pope is Pope Gary XII.

JesusAndYourBush

Either the one that used to smoke dope and shit in the woods (JPII) or Pope Joan.

Jockice

Quote from: Delete Delete Delete on March 13, 2019, 12:03:02 PM
Not this one.

I went to Catholic schools but was never particularly interested in religion.  When we moved house to a new city when I was ten I was asked by my dad if I wanted to continue going to them. I said yes, not because of any great faith but because the alternative was directly opposite the house and I didn't want my mum watching me at playtime. And she bloody would, no matter how much she denied it,

Anyway, one morning not long into my second year at secondary school, I was walking along the corridor on my way to a lesson when Nobby, one of my classmates, rushed up to me visibly upset and told me that Punk John Paul was dead. Who, I said? Punk John Paul he repeated. He then rushed off to tell others. I was completely puzzled, thinking he was maybe it was the singer from one of those new wave bands.

But guess what? He'd actually said 'Pope' and not 'Punk'!!!!!!!! His mum was a teacher so he'd obviously got the hot exclusive and was rushing round telling the masses.

Norton Canes

thenoise

All these Popes are absolute #lads:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sexually_active_popes

And that female Pope is pretty funny, Pope Joan.  She is the reason that all new Popes have to have their balls checked thoroughly by some pervert archbishops, or something.  Imagine a woman wearing a Pope's dress!

kngen

Feel bad for Cardinal Sicola, who - no matter how pious or devoted he was - wasn't getting a sniff of the papal robes because of the top LOLZ that his name would inspire.

As far as bad popes go, it's got to be a toss up between Pius XII and his Odessa escape tunnels, and JPII and his utter indifference to his fucking people - nuns and that - getting murdered all over the shop in Central America in the 80s by 'anti-communist' death squads. What a pair of rotters.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Blumf on March 13, 2019, 12:01:54 PM
The current Pope seems okay, I guess, not been paying attention. Is he the best Pope?

No, he's a cunt, just like the rest of them - he's got better PR, that's all.

king_tubby

Pope Shenouda III, Pope of Alexandria and the Patriarch of All Africa on the Holy Apostolic See of Saint Mark the Evangelist of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria.

thraxx

Tim Pope what did all those cool Cure videos in the 80s.  Not even joking.

holyzombiejesus

How many of the Popes listed so far have scored 4 times against Rotherham in a single match? Only one...

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: kngen on March 13, 2019, 12:46:05 PM
As far as bad popes go, it's got to be a toss up between Pius XII and his Odessa escape tunnels

There has been a lot of debate in recent years about Pope Pius 12 and his relationship with Nazi Germany. Suffice it to say, I don't think it's easy to say he was totally good or totally bad, especially as there's documented evidence that he helped save the lives of many Jews during the Holocaust. An ambiguous figure at best.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rocket Ronnie

Thousand centuries

Thousand centuries mate

Fakkin 5 minute clearance

Beat that

Icehaven

John Paul the 1980s one visited Coventry when I was a child and there were pictures of him all round my school, so as far as I was concerned he was the Pope much like God is God and I didn't quite get that there had been others previously and would be another one when he died (or even that he could die). The Nuns liked him though.

marquis_de_sad

All popes between Clement VII and Innocent XII had beards. Since Clement XI, they've all been clean shaven.

Cuellar

WHICH POPE co-wrote 'Deeply Dippy' with the Fairbrass brothers? That one.

shiftwork2

Good call on the T-shirt one.

I would have more respect for the Pope if he was called the Pop.

Blumf

I bet the Pope's magic hat can't do this:

momatt

Phillip Pope is obviously the best one.

How many other pope's have been involved in shows as good as Only Fools and Horses, Spitting Image, Blackadder and The Fast Show?!

I'm pretty sure he never facilitated institutional paedophilia either.

Cuellar

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 13, 2019, 02:43:52 PM
Good call on the T-shirt one.

I would have more respect for the Pope if he was called the Pop.

shiftwork2

Ah yeah, that must have been in my subconscious.  I can see him on the balcony.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: momatt on March 13, 2019, 02:56:50 PM
Phillip Pope is obviously the best one.

How many other pope's have been involved in shows as good as Only Fools and Horses, Spitting Image, Blackadder and The Fast Show?!

I'm pretty sure he never facilitated institutional paedophilia either.

But can he do it on a cold rainy night in Stoke (well, Burslem).

daf

Top of the Popes : Jesus

marquis_de_sad

I think my favourite pope was the antichrist.