Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:44:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I can say what the fuck I want mate because here, watch this: "joke!"

Started by alan nagsworth, March 13, 2019, 06:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

First post needs more brevity in order for me to entertain it.
https://smmry.com/9826669077#&SM_LENGTH=3

This week, Dave Chappelle faced a bit of backlash because he called rising talent Daniel Caesar's performance on John Mayer's live stream "Very gay".

Caesar concedes on the stream he was "Being hella sensitive".

Yeah, that stuff definitely swings both ways, doesn't it? Honestly, if people think the world is "Getting too sensitive" just because innocent people from all walks of life are increasingly able to walk outside without fear of persecution or humiliation, then those people can fuck off to another planet, preferably without the necessary equipment.

Yeah.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Danger Man on March 13, 2019, 11:06:44 PM
Here's the hot take.

Race doesn't exist (although skin color does)

It's still birth school work death whatever anyone else says.

And money and class will always be more important than skin tones and their current names.

And Nagsworth will always be a thick cunt, but he's our cunt.

IIRC it was one of my threads you flounced out of the last time your forum personality reached "peak garbage" so for all my thickness I must be doing something right.

bgmnts

I just watched the guy I am staying with mercilessly beat one of his dogs with a two by four and I wanted to call him an absolute cunt of the highest order and tell him I hope he gets arse cancer. I can't though because context.

Context context context.

chveik

I wonder what the guys in the Cum Town podcast thread think about all that

alan nagsworth

Quote from: chveik on March 14, 2019, 03:56:07 PM
I wonder what the guys in the Cum Town podcast thread think about all that

I am a big fan of Cum Town and have been for some time. I was wondering when they'd be mentioned here.

Cum Town is like the "safe space" I mentioned in my opening post except Nick Mullen intentionally left the window open. Listening to that show is cathartic mostly because it feels like a place Nick can say all the stuff he knows is completely reprehensible but it would probably make his head explode if he didn't blurt it all out somewhere. The world is becoming a more tolerant place, and Nick and (I would hope) his listeners all know that and are completely okay with it, but in the same breath they all understand what it's like to have "Peter's Mad Thoughts" where you just want to yell out in the other direction.

The show wouldn't work if it were Gervais levels of famous and similarly I don't think it deserves its own subreddit or any outside zone where people quote it en masse and think they're part of the gang. It shouldn't be allowed to breed like that, much like the vast majority of Jerry Sadowitz's material not being available online. There needs to be a level of containment whereby everyone involved implicitly agrees on what's happening inside, why it's funny where it is and why it belongs there.

On some level I feel like Cum Town is an extremely vital comedy medium. I understand that's difficult as I'm quite tired and not always the best at explaining, so hopefully someone can back me up.

chveik

his head's not going to explode because he can't use racial or homosexual slurs anymore, he doesn't suffer Tourette's syndrome. "Peter's Mad Thoughts" aren't an excuse because they're supposed to remain thoughts, not broadcasted to thousands of listeners.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: chveik on March 14, 2019, 06:29:34 PM
his head's not going to explode because he can't use racial or homosexual slurs anymore, he doesn't suffer Tourette's syndrome. "Peter's Mad Thoughts" aren't an excuse because they're supposed to remain thoughts, not broadcasted to thousands of listeners.

what exactly is Tourette's syndrome? more specifically, why does it sometimes manifest in offensive verbal activity? isn't there the beginning of a suggestion of a hint that some of these offensive outbursts lurk in all of us, & that the Tourette's simply lets them out?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

An employee at the firm I work at had tourettes and got sacked - instantly dismissed, in fact.

That's what happens when you film people in the toilets I suppose.

Sin Agog

Putting the whole online discourse thing aside, because that's not my bubble, I wonder if there's a class thing at play here.   Middle-class people are told at birth to temper themselves; they're broken-in like wild mustangs.  It would be much easier for the ones who fall into a liberal bracket to retrain and restrain themselves this way.  They then expect people with a whole different upbringing and mind-set to do exactly the same.  Being excellent to each other is, well, excellent, but constant self-denial comes with its own perils, too.  Being, like John Le Carre, a product of one strident cockney and one eccentric but definitely middle-class parent, the free-speaking/farting side of my family is way happier and more balanced than the neurotic, glacial other side.  I guess I'm saying something needs to be added to maintain the balance between awareness that a few glib words can cloud someone's week, month, their entire year, and totally pretending your id doesn't exist.  I propose introducing Manning Booths, where you can use defunct racial terms like 'Celestials' to your heart's content for the same price as going to the toilets in Victoria Station.

bgmnts

Ludicrously off topic but Victoria Station made me think of the fucking gorgeous tofu curry they do there at Wagamama.

Salivating here.

ToneLa

Quote from: Sin Agog on March 17, 2019, 12:02:27 PM
I wonder if there's a class thing at play here.   Middle-class people are told at birth to temper themselves

Adds quote to CaB.txt