Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:43:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Being fully mobile yet refusing to go out because it's 'too windy'

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 08:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Pranet

It is bloody windy out there. Don't think I'll go out again until it becomes less windy.

chveik

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 16, 2019, 01:33:50 PM
I believe it's actually part of the same trilogy of albums which also includes The Gift, all performed with the same band. It's a gorgeous album. Wait till you hear Laughing Owl, one of the happiest songs I've ever heard. Makes me want to stroll down the street handing flowers to everyone I see. Just not in this wind, obviously.

no, The Gift belongs to the Music Romance series, with Music for Children and Taboo and Exile, and the line up of The Dreamer is a bit different. anyway, O'o is a very fine album indeed.

Twed

Not being asthmatic but refusing to eat broccoli because you "don't like it"

alan nagsworth

Typing the first few letters of a band on YouTube and then using the same amount of key presses to down down down down down down down to their name on the suggestions list as it would have taken to just type the rest of the band's eleven letter name because "too typey"

Kryton

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 13, 2019, 08:06:02 PM
Aids-tier mentality
Please elaborate. Without being so cunty. Thanks. Some people (me included). Don't like the wind.

canadagoose

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on March 16, 2019, 01:34:33 PM
went out. almost got hit by a random piece of polystyrene that was being flung about by clumps of agitated air molecules. it could have taken someone's eye out. who knows maybe it still will.
you have to think these things through.

I got hit by one of those flying large cardboard roadworks signs today. It ain't safe out there.

alan nagsworth

It certainly is not safe out there. I too was struck today because of the wind, myself by a flying shoe. It was still attached to the local weatherman. He was giving me a kick up the arse, presumably for all those tweets I've been sending him like "ain't nothin' blowin' on but the rent" (in reference to his recent warning about storm damage affecting local homes) and "wind is for twats" (that one's pretty self-explanatory). He needs to lighten up.

canadagoose

I went out today and got sleet blown in my face. Wouldn't really recommend it. Much nicer staying inside, intit?

alan nagsworth

biggytitbo

Having extremely bad wind during extremely bad wind is good though, because when the fart comes out of your arse, it quickly gets dispersed in the air by the powerful gusts. On a still day when the fart comes out of your arse it lingers in the air and people nearby will sniff it and know you have farted, or at least suspect it was you.

ToneLa

I've heard people complain of trapped wind, it does sound terrible...

Maybe we should let it go. Urge it on a bit. Go on, wind, go. Pass, wind.

gmoney

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 16, 2019, 12:35:02 PM
Wind is the worst thing when you're in the early stages of going bald as you're still in total denial at that point and spend hours creating elaborate combing strategies to hide it, which can traumatically be totally embarrassingly exposed by one devastating gust of wind.

It was the wind combined with the rain that did for me. I remember coming in from a storm and getting in a lift with a mirror in it. The horror. My head looked like a football that had been spat on and rolled through a hairdressers.

Bazooka

Quote from: ToneLa on March 16, 2019, 07:22:07 PM
I've heard people complain of trapped wind, it does sound terrible...

Maybe we should let it go. Urge it on a bit. Go on, wind, go. Pass, wind.

In secondary school I consumed many sausage rolls from the Cuisine de France bakery section in the Co-Op, the trapped wind was so atrocious at one stage, had I known about Swiss euthanasia clinics and had enough money to pay, I would have been on the first plane.

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 16, 2019, 07:10:16 PM
Having extremely bad wind during extremely bad wind is good though, because when the fart comes out of your arse, it quickly gets dispersed in the air by the powerful gusts. On a still day when the fart comes out of your arse it lingers in the air and people nearby will sniff it and know you have farted, or at least suspect it was you.

If you fart in the direction the wind is blowing.  NEVER fart against the wind.

Sebastian Cobb

When I worked in the bookies it was a hot day and I'd been on the piss the night before, there was a fan pointed at me, behind the counter. I let a silent but deadly one go and smelt it as it nipped past me and into a customers face. I can tell by the face they pulled they copped it.

Spoon of Ploff

Gregory Torso

Just had a bit of sleet here. Now the sun's out. Care, I'm inside listening to records. Saw a pheasant this morning.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Kryton on March 16, 2019, 06:31:46 PM
Please elaborate. Without being so cunty. Thanks. Some people (me included). Don't like the wind.

You've mistaken the tone and intention, not to mention missing the reference (that is understandable)

Shoulders?-Stomach!

ACTUALLY NO WAIT I REALLY REALLY CARE WHETHER ANYONE LIKES WIND OR NOT FUCKING HAVE IT