Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:49:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

hedgehog90 presents: the.real.sonic.the.hedgehog.the.movie.1080p.mp4

Started by hedgehog90, March 13, 2019, 09:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samadriel

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 17, 2019, 01:07:44 PM
All the best art does, and with a teaser like that you just have to do it!
Yeah man, you're making it sound pretty good...

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on March 17, 2019, 01:17:11 PM
You must not question whether you should.  You simply must.  To not do so would be a travesty.

Yes I'm afraid you have to do it now, hedgehog.  No turning back.

Try not to fall into the same trap as Mr Bum, though, which promised future episodes that looked like they weren't as fun to make as the first one.  By which I mean they took ages to appear and somehow lacked what made them so special once the storyline kicked in.

Dex Sawash

Never played a sonic game, is the thing crawling after the ring from the game?

Replies From View

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 17, 2019, 01:20:49 PM
Never played a sonic game, is the thing crawling after the ring from the game?

That's a HOSKINS and it appears in 'Sonic the Hedgehog 4:  Super Mario the Movie' on the Mega Drive x32.

Gregory Torso

This is the best thing that's been on CaB for ages. Please continue Mr Hedgehog, and remember there's no such thing as "too grim"...

robotam

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Soup Dogg on March 14, 2019, 11:09:38 PM
Sonic adding Robotnik to his contacts got a big laugh from me. It's his inscrutable, impassive face I think.
Add in that Robotnik is his only other contact bar his mam. Poor, lonely hedgehog.

St_Eddie

I'm hoping that we get to see hedgehog90's take on Dr. Robotnik in the flesh, so to speak.

Noodle Lizard

Really good stuff, pursue.

Also, what did you use to create it?  There's some fairly complex stuff going on in there.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Twed

hedgehog90

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 20, 2019, 10:11:47 AM
Really good stuff, pursue.

Also, what did you use to create it?  There's some fairly complex stuff going on in there.

I'm using Blender 2.80 Beta. A completely free, open source 3D creation suite with the excellent Eevee renderer new to 2.80.
It's only around 320MB on the harddrive, yet it's absolutely kitted out with features.
I can't recommend it enough, to anyone who fancies having a go at 3D modelling & animation - just download a copy, load up a few youtube tutorials and have a go.

hedgehog90

Part 2 should be ready some time next week hopefully:

part.002.promo.001.png

part.002.promo.002.png

part.002.promo.003.png

part.002.promo.004.png

St_Eddie

Looking great, hedgehog90!  Do you make all of the 3D models yourself, pay for them, or is there a place where you can download them for free?

hedgehog90

They're from various places, about half of them I've made for other projects over the last 2 years or so that I've been working with 3D, some of the really small, background type objects I've nabbed from games (like GTA 5) and the rest I've gotten from various free 3D models sites (which I tend to modify to make them my own).

Only just seen this. It's genuinely brilliant mate, pretty much high art. Love it.

Will share as much as possible but I also don't want people to think I'm a one-off man mental and that.

Cannot fucking wait to see the sequel.

Also if you want to share it as far and wide as possible i'd suggest some of the weird youtube subreddits maybe? I don't actually have a reddit account but it may gain some traction there.

Endicott

Quote from: Foggy Buntwhistle on March 21, 2019, 08:06:12 AM
Only just seen this. It's genuinely brilliant mate, pretty much high art. Love it.

Yes me too.

And for what it's worth, I also instantly thought of Eraserhead.

LanceUppercut

Wow pal that was really good. Some talent there. That phone piece was funny and sad at the same time.