Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:46:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 12, 2019, 05:06:17 PM
Yes, or a rigorously enforced salary cap per club that means a team with Aguero and Sterling can't also afford to keep Jesus and De Bruyne as bench players.

I assume we are all Villa fans for Tuesday?

No Fuckin' Way 

EOLAN

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 13, 2019, 09:42:23 AM
Yeah, fuck off! How dare you save us from relegation, you cunt!
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1127853226504740864

Like Hughton; but think I can see some logic to this decision. Brighton have been on a downward trend this year. A couple of late comebacks against lower division sides helping them get to a Cup final. Have been on a downward trend while involved in a relegation battle and usually that can carry over into the next season. Have had it at West Brom' a few times with Clarke doing exceptionally well and Pulis best season both seeing us badly tail off; and the manager get off to a poor start next season with the manager inevitable being sacked. Hell; maybe there is a vacancy down our way he can compete for.

Norton Canes

Holy shiatzu Madre de Dios never, ever put me through that again. Sunday afternoon visit dad with family, that's OK, usually means a couple of hours wandering around Kendal so no problem keeping up with the scores but no, dad knows a nice pub for a late lunch in Underbarrow, which sounds like it should be in a swamp a hundred leagues north of Waterdeep... we get there just after three o'clock and no signal of course but I'm like OK, I don't need to know, I can just sit here and make conversation and we'll be back in an hour or so it'll fly by, but after we've eaten I go for a piss and walk though the pool room where the staff are all watching Sky Sports, it's LIV 1-0 WOL so I go "Hi guys! Know the Man City score?" "They're losing mate." Yep, I happen to have chanced by my only opportunity to catch up with the scores in the 83 seconds Man City are losing. After that we set off. no worries, back to signal land soon, except the lovely Mrs Canes has a suggestion, "It's such a nice day why don't we take the scenic route through those little country lanes?" Cue 40 minutes of Mrs C driving the car at the speed of a bomb disposal robot while everyone admires the view and every two minutes I'm giving it refresh refresh refresh refresh refresh but there's as much chance of finding a signal out here as there is of finding a Nandos... eventually we stop at a tiny church at the end of a godforsaken track where we park the car and a nearby pack of cows sidle over and the cows actually start licking our car, what the fuck is that all about? While my dad is telling everyone which distant peak is Stickleback Fell I head off to the church hoping to find a toilet and hallelujah! Praise the Lord for while I was in His house He was kind enough to give me some 4G, so, scores updated, fifteen minutes to the final whistle, we even got back in time to catch the BBC switching to the full time SCENES

Full marks to the MOTD commentator for "Heeeere's Jonny..." as the Wolves defender lined up a shot.

bgmnts

Hughton is destined to be a perennial 'top of the championship or bottom of the premier league' manager but too nice for British Managers Club.

holyzombiejesus

Are any of the BMC actually in employment at the moment?

Fake Edit: Just checked and Pulis is still in charge at Middlesbrough. How the fuck does that work? I could have sworn he'd got the sack a while back.

king_tubby

QuoteKLOPP: "We may have finished second in the table but I think we were first in the hearts of the country."

No.

Norton Canes

Frighteningly plausible, but I think that's fake.

Utter Shit

I've not seen that from him, but I've seen it from a lot of Liverpool fans and media outlets. Baffling inability/refusal to read the public mood.

king_tubby

Quote from: Norton Canes on May 13, 2019, 11:23:43 AM
Frighteningly plausible, but I think that's fake.

From the official LFC twitter account.

king_tubby

imitationleather

Klopp isn't an idiot. He's aware of how many of the country's football fans view Liverpool.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: bgmnts on May 13, 2019, 04:38:24 AM
On the one hand its the closest to a local club in the league I have, so yes.

On the other hand, its fucking Newport, disgusting.

At least we still have a Marks & Spencer's.  👛 👠

bgmnts

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on May 13, 2019, 12:23:12 PM

I heard that Newport was granted city status because it had the highest murder rate of any town in the UK.

wooders1978

Quote from: king_tubby on May 13, 2019, 11:33:10 AM
Yes. Have I been HOAXED?

You have - don't worry I got taken in by the fake Martin Samuel account - ee's football

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on May 13, 2019, 12:23:12 PM

who do you want in the final?

rjd2

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 13, 2019, 09:42:23 AM
Yeah, fuck off! How dare you save us from relegation, you cunt!
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1127853226504740864

36 points, fuck all wins since Christmas and fans unhappy with style of play, can you blame the chairman for been worried about next season with him in charge?

Its not as bad call as some are saying I think.

DrGreggles

Quote from: rjd2 on May 13, 2019, 02:13:05 PM
36 points, fuck all wins since Christmas and fans unhappy with style of play, can you blame the chairman for been worried about next season with him in charge?

Its not as bad call as some are saying I think.

But they're Brighton. 17th in the top division is pretty good going for a club who aren't investing too much in their squad.

Fulham try to play nice football. So do Huddersfield.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: bgmnts on May 13, 2019, 12:30:54 PM
I heard that Newport was granted city status because it had the highest murder rate of any town in the UK.

I am proud to announce that you will be the guest of honour at this year's Pill Carnival.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2019, 02:06:48 PM
who do you want in the final?

You Superwhites. Either way, John Aldridge will be happy.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on May 13, 2019, 03:19:38 PM
I am proud to announce that you will be the guest of honour at this year's Pill Carnival.

You Superwhites. Either way, John Aldridge will be happy.

reading up on his early career - it seems Newport got to the QF of the Cup Winners Cup!

rjd2

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 13, 2019, 02:32:38 PM
But they're Brighton. 17th in the top division is pretty good going for a club who aren't investing too much in their squad.

Fulham try to play nice football. So do Huddersfield.

They spent some money last Summer on players who have not performed so the cash is available. They have a good stadium, solid fanbase and Brighton is a nice area to live.
Its unfair  to suggest 36 points should be the height of their ambition.

Lets see who they replace him with, if its a tried and tested failure like Pardew etc, then yeah LOL, but maybe they might get someone who can improve them somewhat.

I don't think they would have stayed up next year looking at their form since Christmas, look like they have hit a wall and no side should be losing 5-0 at home to Bournemouth.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Management of these clubs comes in waves and the fact is Brighton were very very likely to finish between 14th-20th.

After a while the constant losing grinds a team down, and the methods of the managers start being doubted, likewise their methods, once successful, not up to such a remorseless level of challenge. It must be absolutely exhausting managing a bottom club and those who manage not to fall into panic schemes and gimmicks deserve much credit.

I would have given Hughton next season but I totally understand the decision as will he.

BlodwynPig

DrGreggles

Quote from: rjd2 on May 13, 2019, 04:17:14 PM
They spent some money last Summer on players who have not performed so the cash is available. They have a good stadium, solid fanbase and Brighton is a nice area to live.
Its unfair  to suggest 36 points should be the height of their ambition.

Lets see who they replace him with, if its a tried and tested failure like Pardew etc, then yeah LOL, but maybe they might get someone who can improve them somewhat.

I don't think they would have stayed up next year looking at their form since Christmas, look like they have hit a wall and no side should be losing 5-0 at home to Bournemouth.

I'm not saying it should be the height of their ambition, but surely establishing yourself in the Premier League takes more than 2 seasons - especially if you consider the yoyo nature of most promoted sides.

Hughton took over a team struggling in the Championship and kept them up in his first season. Then pushed for (season 2) and got (season 3) promotion to the Premier League. Then kept them up for 2 seasons with a pretty limited squad.
That's pretty good going if you ask me and certainly represents an achievement of sorts.

Who knows, maybe they'll get in the next Pep/Klopp/Poch and I'll look silly, but a BMC 'Destroy & Exit' feels more likely for some reason.

BlodwynPig

Cancel next season
Preddos in

Man City 97
Liverpool 96
Chelseas 79
Spurs 77
Arsenal 75
Man U 65

Brighton
Sheff U
West Brom

relegated

EOLAN

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2019, 06:55:47 PM
Cancel next season
Preddos in

Man City 97
Liverpool 96
Chelseas 79
Spurs 77
Arsenal 75
Man U 65

Brighton
Sheff U
West Brom

relegated

Is it ok if I say I be happy with that for my team. Means we get to overcome Villa tomorrow :D

BlodwynPig

Yeh.

Close to HT - Forest Green 1 - 1 Tranmere (1-2 agg), nervy second half.

Ferris

Quote from: EOLAN on May 13, 2019, 08:25:38 PM
Is it ok if I say I be happy with that for my team. Means we get to overcome Villa tomorrow :D

Disgrace

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 13, 2019, 08:34:48 PM
Disgrace

Cancel next season
Preddos in

Man City 97
Liverpool 96
Chelseas 79
Spurs 77
Arsenal 75
Man U 65