Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:17:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2019, 08:35:30 PM
Cancel next season
Preddos in

Man City 97
Liverpool 96
Chelseas 79
Spurs 77
Arsenal 75
Man U 65

Brighton 32
Sheff U 28
Aston Villa 13

relegated

Improvement

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 13, 2019, 08:46:51 PM
Improvement

Vast..

Villa beat West Brom on penalties in play-off final.

A summer of relative calm as they bring in a couple of Asian lads from China and Tammy Abraham signs a permanent deal. Grealish shock move to Athletico Madrid, however, is a destabilising factor in a torrid pre-season tour of Hungary (0-7 Ferencváros, 1-3 Bocs) and home games (1-1 Solihull Moors, 0-4 Walsall).

The season kicks off and its 7 defeats on the bounce that sees John Terry come in as interim manager. This seems to reinvigorate the "The Blueboys" (the new club nickname and colours after they are bought out by a Thai confectionary conglomerate - Hale's Blueboys), and they gather 10 points from their next 5 games, included a 2-1 victory over Manchester United. However, a disastrous Christmas period ensues, culminating in on-pitch and off-pitch punch-ups between manager and players. Villa are fined heavily and deducted 10 points by the FA. They are knocked out of the FA Cup by Droitwich and win only 3 more times in 2020. Terry has long departed and their search for a new boss ends in March as an ailing Steve Bruce is brought in to fire fight the remaining 5 games, which are all losses.

The team goes into administration when the director of Hale Blueboys is sentenced to death in Thailand for his involvement with Gary Glitter in the 90s and 00s. A merger with Romulus FC is scuppered before the 2020/2021 season kicks-off and the club is discontinued to little fanfare.

sevendaughters

Liverpool 101
Man City 94
Tottingham 90
75 bar
Man Utd outside top six
Dinamo Kiev do an erasmus year (44), swapping with Burnley, who win the Ukrainian Premier League
Norwich 36
Southampton 36
Leeds 32

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2019, 09:05:08 PM
Vast..

Villa beat West Brom on penalties in play-off final.

A summer of relative calm as they bring in a couple of Asian lads from China and Tammy Abraham signs a permanent deal. Grealish shock move to Athletico Madrid, however, is a destabilising factor in a torrid pre-season tour of Hungary (0-7 Ferencváros, 1-3 Bocs) and home games (1-1 Solihull Moors, 0-4 Walsall).

The season kicks off and its 7 defeats on the bounce that sees John Terry come in as interim manager. This seems to reinvigorate the "The Blueboys" (the new club nickname and colours after they are bought out by a Thai confectionary conglomerate - Hale's Blueboys), and they gather 10 points from their next 5 games, included a 2-1 victory over Manchester United. However, a disastrous Christmas period ensues, culminating in on-pitch and off-pitch punch-ups between manager and players. Villa are fined heavily and deducted 10 points by the FA. They are knocked out of the FA Cup by Droitwich and win only 3 more times in 2020. Terry has long departed and their search for a new boss ends in March as an ailing Steve Bruce is brought in to fire fight the remaining 5 games, which are all losses.

The team goes into administration when the director of Hale Blueboys is sentenced to death in Thailand for his involvement with Gary Glitter in the 90s and 00s. A merger with Romulus FC is scuppered before the 2020/2021 season kicks-off and the club is discontinued to little fanfare.

Bit far fetched. Villa and West Brom can't both go to the final. Rest is in the realm of possibility.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 13, 2019, 09:15:45 PM
Bit far fetched. Villa and West Brom can't both go to the final. Rest is in the realm of possibility.

I thought it was the final...doh.

Tranmere 10 minutes away from Nirvana (a game with Newport County at Wembley - 28 years since I saw them THUMP (1-0) Bolton in the same play-off final)

BlodwynPig

FORGET YOUR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
FORGET YOUR BAKU STATE SPONSORED MONEY LAUNDERING FINAL

THE BIG ONE - 25TH MAY

Newport County vs. Tranmere Rovers

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Preddos in

Man City 114

Man United End on a letter instead of a number so can't be placed anywhere

Ayoze Perez triple hat trick vs Keeper-less Norwich

Garth Crooks get boil on his arse. A terrible boil requiring lancing. He goes to get it lanced. They lance it with a hot needle. It hurts like Satan. He insists on commentating throughout the procedure.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hey lads Mike Dean is in the crowd get that MIKE Dean from the referees is in the crowd don't see that much do you

And he doesn't at all look like a weirdo lone cinema masturbator.

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Absolutely doesn't look like he labels tupperware boxes and prepares flasks of weak squash in his spare time between orienteering holidays.

BlodwynPig

St James Park, autumn 2020 for Newcastle - Tranmere Championship clash?

sevendaughters

Has Nigel Blackwell been captured on TranCam ever?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sevendaughters on May 13, 2019, 10:15:52 PM
Has Nigel Blackwell been captured on TranCam ever?

1985 - a few years before close-to-termination and then ascension.
"thru thick and thin"

Bennett Brauer

So it's 6th v 7th at Wembley for promotion. Disgraceful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48261817

Andy Robertson says 'Man City know that Liverpool are here to stay'.

"In my opinion, it won't be thought of that we came second in the Premier League and all that nonsense."

Just when I thought Klopp had somehow gathered a genuinely non cunty Liverpool team, this rodent steps up to the plate.

What's the nonsense? You came second. You'll absolutely be remembered for not winning the league. Not likely Liverpool can keep this up again next year. One injury to Salah, Mane or Van Dijk and they're done. The club can't just keep throwing hundreds of millions at every new problem, surely? Players are getting on, Klopp surely starting to feel tainted and worn down by the stink of getting ever so close. I hope to God they can manage to scrape through the CL because there will be a lot of mass suicides in Liverpool if not, even more than normal :(

DrGreggles

Quote from: The Boston Crab on May 14, 2019, 08:53:30 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48261817

Andy Robertson says 'Man City know that Liverpool are here to stay'.

Obviously the BBC would never put up a misleading headlining, but the full quote is:

"Hopefully we will be here for many years and we will be a better team in terms of maturity and experience next year.
Man City know, hopefully, we are here to stay. We know they are definitely here to stay, they are incredible."

imitationleather

Away from the hysteria of people with fan specs taking the spin at face value, it sounds a little bit like the media are concerned that Man City will be racking up around 100 points every season from now on. That is a standard no team can really expect to keep up with.

GMTV

Quote from: imitationleather on May 14, 2019, 10:00:48 AM
Away from the hysteria of people with fan specs taking the spin at face value, it sounds a little bit like the media are concerned that Man City will be racking up around 100 points every season from now on. That is a standard no team can really expect to keep up with.

I wanted Liverpool to do it, kinda feels like they deserved it. But it's a bit much the vague plucky underdog tag for Liverpool that seems to be courted. They've got a vastly expensive squad. Aye man City's is another level, but Liverpool are in the CL final so that would be fairly strong evidence that they don't really have any excuses for not winning the league.

imitationleather

Ah, getting to the Champions League final is a piece of piss though.

phantom_power

They have a reasonably young squad but at some point soon they will need to replace Henderson and Milner who are a big part of their success in terms of leading the team. I think they still suffer a strength in depth problem and that will be hard to fix as getting good players to be bit-parts is tricky. I don't think they can keep up the sheer energy and will-to-win season on season either. I think there could be some consequences of their "heavy metal football" before too long

Thursday

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 13, 2019, 06:55:47 PM
Cancel next season
Preddos in

Man City 97
Liverpool 96
Chelseas 79
Spurs 77
Arsenal 75
Man U 65

Brighton
Sheff U
West Brom

relegated

Can't see Chelsea getting more points next season, transfer ban, Hazard almost certainly gone. Depends what happens on the managers side I suppose, Sarri could start to work or we get a new manager in.

GMTV

I quite man City winning a few titles. It's just a bit shite when they've such an incredibly talented squad, example Mahrez is some kind of backup super sub. He ought to be the first name on the team sheet of a club. Sane as well, it just feels a bit wrong they've hoovered up quite so many top level guys.

imitationleather

I think (out of the Premier League Perennial Top 6 Super Teams) Chelsea and Man Utd have the most to be concerned about next season. Hazard is going to be a huge loss and I don't see Pulisic being any kind of acceptable replacement. I think Arsenal's squad is pretty weak but their manager is actually decent. It's just a matter of whether their demanding and always angry fanbase will stick by him or turn. They're really constrained by how much the narrative surrounding the club is set by Arsenal Fan TV and their need for constant dissatisfaction and crisis.

Man Utd are just floundering around with seemingly zero plan at the mo. Will probably end up signing Bale on Sanchez wages.

bgmnts

Uefa investigators are looking to suspend City from the Champs League next year, for supposed breaches in Financial Fair Play. Why not dock them points in the league?

Squink

Would love it if Chelsea's transfer ban is upheld, they are forced to play the youth they've been slave trading for the last god knows how many years, they actually end up doing really well, and the whole transfer market collapses as everyone looks to youth to rise up and smash the fascist bully boys.

Utter Shit

By all accounts that isn't especially unlikely. It's obviously a bigger risk than just spending the usual fortunes on established names, but aside from the obvious ones like Hudson-Odoi, Abraham, Mount and Ampadu, I've heard a lot of good things about the likes of Reece James, Ola Aina, Trevoh Chalobah, Fiyako Tomori, Jake Clarke-Salter, Billy Gilmour, and Jay Dasilva. With the exception of Gilmour they're all towards the older end of the academy age groups, so there are probably a load more talented youngsters as well. James, Tomori and Clarke-Salter in particular are supposed to be unreal.

king_tubby

Tomori's had a great season on loan at PRIDE PARK, as has Mason Mount.

Not sure how they'd stand up in the Premier League though. When we had Bamford on loan from Chelsea he looked the business, and he's now slumming it as second choice striker at Dirty Leeds.

Bennett Brauer

Liverpool is an anagram of Poorville, and Manchester City is Synthetic Cream.

Don't ask me what it means though.

sevendaughters

Reece James was our player of the year and made the TOTY despite being at a team that finished in the bottom third. No doubt about his skill level at all.