Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfatheart

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 15, 2019, 10:15:35 PM
Christ Villa or Derby for 13 points next season

Deso

After last time I'd honestly be happy with 12.

Rizla

nice, i won a princely 19 quid on that (3+ yellows each and btts).but yes villa will smash em because they've got john mcginn.

Ferris

Derby's (aggregate) equalizer coming from a marshmallowy soft penalty brings me no joy at all, of course.

https://streamable.com/cm4tu

Chollis

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 15, 2019, 11:43:31 PM
Derby's (aggregate) equalizer coming from a marshmallowy soft penalty brings me no joy at all, of course.

https://streamable.com/cm4tu

kin ell

Ferris

Sorry just watched it for a 5th time and yeah actually it's hilarious

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 15, 2019, 11:52:31 PM
Sorry just watched it for a 5th time and yeah actually it's hilarious

Why does the commentator mention a Cor Anglais?

Rooting for Villa, but hoping they go straight back down for Tranmere's return to the Championship in 2020.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 16, 2019, 03:12:11 AM
Rooting for Villa, but hoping they go straight back down for Tranmere's return to the Championship in 2020.

Better to be 50% correct than 0% I suppose

mr. logic

Somebody on another forum mentioned a lap of honour Leeds did in March against West Brom. Nothing on Google. What's the story there then?

jobotic

Leeds winning nothing has quelled the pain of Man City winning something.

EOLAN

Quote from: mr. logic on May 16, 2019, 04:00:05 AM
Somebody on another forum mentioned a lap of honour Leeds did in March against West Brom. Nothing on Google. What's the story there then?

They hammered a main promotion rival in convincing style on a Friday night. Don't rhink it was a formal lap of honour. Just staying out celebrating a bit. Thanking the fans. Enjoying the moment. In fairness, it wasn't like they snatched a 2-2 draw against us.

Anyway Villa should be well set up for this. Hsmmered Derby twice and will have more nous. Facing a team with another suspension while Abraham shoild be sharper when the game comes around. John Terry will also allow Messrs O'Kelly and Smith to be a bit more out of the limelight and focus on the game.

Main thing for Derby is surely they learned somethingnfrom their two hammerings.

Anyway Lampard, you got 22 legs so use them

Aye aye oh eh away oh eh Derby County.

DrGreggles

I've no beef with either Villa or Derby, but I don't particularly like Terry or Lampard either.
So I'm just going to have to hope that one of them gets sacked in the next week and then support that team in the final.

Leeds not going up is rather bittersweet.
Obviously I hate Leeds, but I'm a big fan of Bielsa. Would have been good to see him in the PL*.

*You know what to do, Brighton!

king_tubby

YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING BUCKET UP YOUR ARSE

Ferris

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 16, 2019, 08:26:49 AM
I've no beef with either Villa or Derby, but I don't particularly like Terry or Lampard either.
So I'm just going to have to hope that one of them gets sacked in the next week and then support that team in the final.

For some reason "no beef with" made me laugh, like you're out here feuding with championship clubs over turf and status (but not AVFC or Derby).

Support Villa, mate - they're the best side

bgmnts

The last time I remember Derby in the premier league they were absolutely dreadful. They picked up something like 12 points didn't they?

I would like to see how Harry Wilson fares in the premier league though. The difference between Lampard and Terry is like choosing between one of your two children, but both chikdren you utterly despise and fantasise about throwing then in the canal with concrete boots.

king_tubby

Quote from: bgmnts on May 16, 2019, 11:13:32 AM
The last time I remember Derby in the premier league they were absolutely dreadful. They picked up something like 12 points didn't they?

11. A record low. Don't take that away from us!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 16, 2019, 10:54:36 AM
For some reason "no beef with" made me laugh, like you're out here feuding with championship clubs over turf and status (but not AVFC or Derby).

Support Villa, mate - they're the best side

I didn't realise that Terry was still part of the set up.... don't want either team to win now.

bigfatheart

Quote from: EOLAN on May 16, 2019, 08:21:45 AM
Main thing for Derby is surely they learned somethingnfrom their two hammerings.

Lessons from the home hammering:

• If a centre-back is injured, don't listen to him when he insists he's fine to soldier on. Take advice of medical staff.
  • Don't respond to a period of pressure by switching to a formation that the team has neither played in nor, apparently, trained in.

Lessons from the away hammering:

• Don't go fucking mental and make something like six changes before a big game against a promotion rival, playing a number of youth teamers and long-term absentees in the process.

Personally I do think Villa will win but I don't know how much can be read into the other two games, especially the one at Villa Park. We should have a stronger team available than for either game, so long as none of our defenders get so much as a broken nail.

Ferris

2-1 to Villa, Derby with a late goal to make the last 10 minutes interesting

Captain Z

Quote from: bgmnts on May 16, 2019, 11:13:32 AM
The difference between Lampard and Terry is like choosing between one of your two children, but both children you utterly despise and fantasise about throwing then in the canal with concrete boots.

It is a bit like that, except eventually you remember that one of them is John Terry so obviously you choose the other one.

DrGreggles

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on May 16, 2019, 10:54:36 AM

I love "no beef" (the phrase) and beef (the beef).

Squink

Quote from: Captain Z on May 16, 2019, 05:09:14 PM
It is a bit like that, except eventually you remember that one of them is John Terry so obviously you choose the other one.

The thought of John Terry getting his ass handed to him week after week in the Premier League is marginally more amusing than Lampard facing the same. So I'm supporting Villa in the final then? Hooray!

sevendaughters

would like Derby to go up as Villa Park is easier to get to from here for next season's away days. that said I haven't been to Pride Park yet. so many variables to pretend to care about.

bigfatheart

Portsmouth-Sunderland would have been better if they'd just settled it by letting Cattermole and the Portsmouth fan fight each other.

BlodwynPig

The BBC can fuck off calling Barcelona Women's team Giants of the game. Doesnt work by association. Doncaster Rovers Giants of the game for much of the 90s

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

Millwall Lionesses splitting from the male team and renaming themselves London City Lionesses seems like a huge missed opportunity to give the club a good name. London City? Are they representing an airport now or what?

studpuppet

Quote from: imitationleather on May 17, 2019, 01:36:26 PM
Millwall Lionesses splitting from the male team and renaming themselves London City Lionesses seems like a huge missed opportunity to give the club a good name. London City? Are they representing an airport now or what?

Well, Millwall don't represent Millwall after all...

Captain Z

"A win for London City here today will guarantee them a Champions League spot - they can't catch London Town but a draw will take it to the final game with London Rovers, whereas a loss could see them overtaken by London United who play tomorrow."

Captain Z

"Yes Olive, let's hope they can improve their form after the recent cup upset at London Borough, who themselves have set up a tantalising semi final against London Athletic."