Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

and the commentators are even more rubbish than usual

BlodwynPig

Berwick Rangers gone - no English teams in the main Scottish league system now

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on May 18, 2019, 05:45:49 PM
and the commentators are even more rubbish than usual

Better than the Semi-final Chelsea love-in duo

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 18, 2019, 06:02:44 PM
Berwick Rangers gone - no English teams in the main Scottish league system now

I WANNA BE A BERWICK RANGER
ONLY LIVE FOR SEX AND DANGER

BlodwynPig

absolute SHIT by Renard there...Duggan half on the floor, Renard rolls the ball to her. what a FUCK of a player

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

English player does shit = "She's worked so hard"

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

INEXPLICABLE MANAGING

This is like watching a game where everyone makes the decisions that are the exact opposite of what should be done.

BlodwynPig

You don't often say it about a player who scores a hat-trick in a final....but Hegeberg is FUCKING WANK

BlodwynPig

chveik

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 18, 2019, 06:43:10 PM
You don't often say it about a player who scores a hat-trick in a final....but Hegeberg is FUCKING WANK

ballon d'or ffs

Thursday

Honestly, what a bunch of arseholes Man City are. You don't need to win by this many, you're making children who support Watford cry.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on May 18, 2019, 06:46:56 PM
ballon d'or ffs

Overall, Barcelona were the better team to watch - Lyon never seem to think properly and don't appear ruthless. Barca are much poorer all round, but I think this may be the last Champions League trophy for Lyon. The English teams and Barca will start to dominate like in the men's game. With Yeovil getting fucked down two leagues its obvious that UEFA and the FA want men-women mirroring.

BlodwynPig

BBC on Lyon's dominance in the women's game

QuoteThe best-funded side on the continent wrapped up the latest of their 23 major honours of this decade before half-time, largely thanks to Hegerberg's clinical treble.

QuoteThe securing of three trophies underscores the scale of City's achievement - and emphasises the hunger and desire which has driven them this season, notably to finish ahead of Liverpool in a relentless Premier League title race.

BBC scum.

sevendaughters

today's scoreline just makes me look on Wigan's three FA Cup deckings of City this decade as a true Herculean feat

imitationleather

QuoteDue to a conflict of interests with City's main sponsor, Etihad Airways, (Emirates of course being a rival airline) the club received special permission from the FA NOT to wear a tournament sleeve patch and also avoided any mention of Emirates on their jersey by simply ditching commemorative embroidery altogether. Just to hammer home their point, they also altered their primary sponsor logo to say 'Choose Etihad'. A very rare occasion of a shirt sponsor's logo being customised for a final.

http://www.truecoloursfootballkits.com/2019/05/18/2019-fa-cup-final-kits/

Wow. Really surprised that was allowed.

BlodwynPig

Squink

Yeah, of course it was fucking allowed. The FA will bend over and do whatever City tell them to do.

Watched the final with a Watford supporting mate. Beyond desolation for him. A real 'what is point' game. The Watford fans were brilliant. Briefly during the season I thought the mid table Premier League teams should just go all out in this competition, because what else is there for them? The battle for 7th place is just horseshit really. But this game really drove home that even trying for a cup is largely a closed off avenue for those clubs.

BlodwynPig

It's probably time for the top 4 teams to jettison off to the Middle East and compete in their own league with Juve, Barca, Bayern et al.

edit: at least DangerMan will be happy

Danger Man

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 09, 1974, 12:02:27 PM
edit: at least DangerMan will be happy

I support Wycombe, who are ready and waiting for you if you ever get to Division One.

hummingofevil

Any other World Football Phone In fans hère? This week's show was dedicated to the rather wonderful Mary Rain (no me neither - first woman to ever report on football for sports report) and she rang in and they kept her on for most of the show. I think they said she is in her late 70s and was infinitely more entertaining and knowledgeable than all the Jermaine Jenas cunts you get on MOTD. Give it a listen.

phes

Quote from: Squink on May 19, 2019, 01:20:37 AM
Yeah, of course it was fucking allowed. The FA will bend over and do whatever City tell them to do.

Watched the final with a Watford supporting mate. Beyond desolation for him. A real 'what is point' game. The Watford fans were brilliant. Briefly during the season I thought the mid table Premier League teams should just go all out in this competition, because what else is there for them? The battle for 7th place is just horseshit really. But this game really drove home that even trying for a cup is largely a closed off avenue for those clubs.

I dunno, Pompey and Wigan have both won it in the last decade or so. Still, 6-0. What is point. And I reckon I'm officially out as regards to the Premier League now.

Ferris

What is point indeed.

If you want a picture of the future of English football, imagine a "top 6" boot stamping on a non-top 6 face - forever.

DrGreggles

I don't think that was a 'Top 6' thing. It was a 'Top 1' thing.