Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:04:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

Wouldn't be sad if the G20 hived themselves off at all. I get the feeling that there'll be some bullshit intermediate step where the CL gets bigger and the clubs moan that they "can't" do both. Fuck it. Get rid.

Norton Canes

Bizarrely, the most exciting moments from yesterday's final came in the last couple of minutes as Watford attempted to prevent a seventh goal.

Er, is all.

sevendaughters

For you fans of local cloggers - here are the allocations for the first 6 tiers of NL football for next year

Step 1 - 4 https://cdn.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/NLS-1-to-4-club-allocations-2019-20-v170519_FINAL.pdf

Step 5 - 6 https://cdn.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/NLS-5.6-Club-Allocations-2019-20-v170519_FINAL.pdf

Step 7 out next month ahead of the imminent murder of Step 7 in years to come.

wooders1978

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 19, 2019, 11:40:06 AM
Man City to become less likeable:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/19/vincent-kompany-manchester-city-leaves-fa-cup

Pretty gutted but what an opportunity for the man - he will be a big loss not just to city but the premier league - good luck vince

finnquark

Quote from: hummingofevil on May 19, 2019, 02:19:28 AM
Any other World Football Phone In fans hère? This week's show was dedicated to the rather wonderful Mary Rain (no me neither - first woman to ever report on football for sports report) and she rang in and they kept her on for most of the show. I think they said she is in her late 70s and was infinitely more entertaining and knowledgeable than all the Jermaine Jenas cunts you get on MOTD. Give it a listen.

Best radio show going, it's absolutely fantastic. I usually listen to it Saturday night in bed, before sleeping and after a couple of beers. very few things make me as happy as settling into bed with a lie-in to look forward to, especially in the winter, and then hearing Sounds of Africa. Dotun is such a sweet guy too. Brilliant show, I hope it never gets cut.

Johan Cruyff

I just saw City beat a premier league side 6-0 in a final last night. I thought they were supposed to saving football?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sevendaughters on May 19, 2019, 11:21:08 AM
For you fans of local cloggers - here are the allocations for the first 6 tiers of NL football for next year

Step 1 - 4 https://cdn.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/NLS-1-to-4-club-allocations-2019-20-v170519_FINAL.pdf

Step 5 - 6 https://cdn.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/NLS-5.6-Club-Allocations-2019-20-v170519_FINAL.pdf

Step 7 out next month ahead of the imminent murder of Step 7 in years to come.

Newcastle University vs. Heaton Stannington will divide my loyalties.

sevendaughters

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 19, 2019, 08:20:15 PM
Newcastle University vs. Heaton Stannington will divide my loyalties.

Can't believe Durham City got a reprieve! They've been an absolute basket case.

finnquark

Quote from: sevendaughters on May 19, 2019, 11:21:08 AM

Delighted that Stockport and Chorley went up from the Conf North, as it looks a much weaker league this time around. Having said that, York and Chester will be better equipped this time around, and Brackley and Spennymoor are consistently strong. I can't see either of the two sides shifted across from the South (Gloucester and Oxford City) being much use, and Farsley and Kings Lynn should be pretty average.

jobotic

No Southern Counties East? No interest.

Not a fan but it's kind of sad to see Notts County on there.

I didn't realise how far Whitehawk done fell. Or how high up the pyramid Faversham Town are.

Decided to stop giving a fuck about Man City. None of my business, like the FTSE 100

sevendaughters

Chog will do well to stay up and I hope they do. Same with Atherton in the NPL. That's a tough division and I hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew.

I feel for Gloucester fans. They're already in limbo over at Evesham. Can't imagine too many can be arsed going to Spen or Darlo.

sevendaughters

I think Whitehawk had one of those slightly tapped owners who wanted the moon on a stick - move to the Withdean, rename the team Brighton City - and when it didn't come to pass he spat his dummy out.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sevendaughters on May 19, 2019, 08:38:15 PM
Can't believe Durham City got a reprieve! They've been an absolute basket case.

The womens team arguably were the best team in the 2nd tier but got pipped by Spurs for 2nd - well they finished 4th but only after capitulating in the last game.

Man U and Spurs go up, Yeovil get screwed. Welcome to Evil Corporation Hegemony across all aspects of the game

finnquark

I'd enjoy one of the Northwich Vics to climb the leagues again, derby games on Boxing Day and New Year were always fun. Jody Banim scoring his only Alty goal in a 1-0 win at Moss Lane, happy memories. Last year we had Stockport for the derbies, which would be good if we hadn't lost to them 1-0 both times. Might get Chester this year, but more likely Curzon Ashton which is really shit.

BlodwynPig

I heard Curzon's attendance is 9:1 dogs to men ratio

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 19, 2019, 10:33:30 PM
I heard Curzon's attendance is 9:1 dogs to men ratio

Phwoar. If I went there I could have the pick of the litter.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on May 19, 2019, 10:39:58 PM
Phwoar. If I went there I could have the pick of the litter.

3 hours 10 minutes from your flat to the stadium. 5:44 am train but i dont think they're playing tomorrow

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A step-up from AIDS-tier Macleish. Even if Clarke loses every single game in charge, it will be better than that AIDS King sucking the living essence out of everything around hi.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: finnquark on May 19, 2019, 10:11:53 PM
I'd enjoy one of the Northwich Vics to climb the leagues again, derby games on Boxing Day and New Year were always fun. Jody Banim scoring his only Alty goal in a 1-0 win at Moss Lane, happy memories. Last year we had Stockport for the derbies, which would be good if we hadn't lost to them 1-0 both times. Might get Chester this year, but more likely Curzon Ashton which is really shit.

Stalybridge Celtic have taken a right tumble since the glory days of conference football. Used to really enjoy going to games at Bower Fold, ballboys having to leg it in to the nature reserve with torches to retrieve hoofed balls during winter night matches. And, of course, the legendary Chris Denham buffet bar. Saw them play Alty once and they literally crippled a Celtic player.

Also, why have Ashton got two teams? Weren't Curzon the poor relation at some point?

sevendaughters

Curzon are newer and have caught up but it's nothing nefarious, just two reasonable teams in a grotty bit of Tameside.

BlodwynPig

I note Skelmersdale also seem to have tumbled badly in recent years.

sevendaughters

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 20, 2019, 10:08:08 PM
I note Skelmersdale also seem to have tumbled badly in recent years.

lost their ground and had to go over to Prescot (I saw them there a couple of months ago against Atherton, they were just not at the races). Real shame considering their late 60s/early 70s heyday. My dad played against them when they had Steve Heighway, said they were unreal.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sevendaughters on May 20, 2019, 10:12:44 PM
lost their ground and had to go over to Prescot (I saw them there a couple of months ago against Atherton, they were just not at the races). Real shame considering their late 60s/early 70s heyday. My dad played against them when they had Steve Heighway, said they were unreal.

hermitical

My local team here, Wellington. Started going this season, went to most of the home games and took a long journey south to Willand Rovers for my first away match

BlodwynPig

Will be interesting to see how Morpeth do compared to the other ex-Northern League contingent of recent seasons like Blyth.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cadbury Heath are the sellout corporate club I take it