Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:28:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

GMTV

Kinda funny the pundits backing LEGEND RAHEEM through gritted teeth with his blatant cuntery when he tried to (or did) pinch the second goal.

maett

As someone that has been irritated by the endless Liverpool articles in the Guardian I still found the cut out and keep picture of Vincent Company amusing.

phantom_power

Quote from: GMTV on May 22, 2019, 11:10:26 AM
Kinda funny the pundits backing LEGEND RAHEEM through gritted teeth with his blatant cuntery when he tried to (or did) pinch the second goal.

What? You put the ball in the net first and ask questions later. Imagine if someone rushed in and cleared it while he was doing the "honourable" thing and allowing the ball to cross the line. Do people honestly think that in that split second during an attack he was thinking of personal glory rather than winning the game?

GMTV

Quote from: phantom_power on May 22, 2019, 11:33:21 AM
What? You put the ball in the net first and ask questions later. Imagine if someone rushed in and cleared it while he was doing the "honourable" thing and allowing the ball to cross the line. Do people honestly think that in that split second during an attack he was thinking of personal glory rather than winning the game?

I think the fact the ball was almost completely over the line when he connected with it that it was clearly going to be a goal.

What I'm getting at is it was amusing seeing the pundits squirming in their chairs shit scared to say a wrong world about Sterling for fear of being #cancelled

studpuppet

I think Roger Hunt has taught all strikers that have come after him that you follow the ball into the goal if necessary.
I have no problem with players who bang it through the net when it's already heading in, as long as they don't celebrate it as theirs.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: GMTV on May 22, 2019, 11:37:10 AM
I think the fact the ball was almost completely over the line when he connected with it that it was clearly going to be a goal.

What I'm getting at is it was amusing seeing the pundits squirming in their chairs shit scared to say a wrong world about Sterling for fear of being #cancelled

Considering that City won the league thanks to the 11mm difference between a goal and that clearance, I don't think anyone (apart from you) can begrudge Sterling wanting to make sure.

GMTV

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 22, 2019, 01:06:57 PM
Considering that City won the league thanks to the 11mm difference between a goal and that clearance, I don't think anyone (apart from you) can begrudge Sterling wanting to make sure.

I don't really have much emotion tied up in man city's 2nd of 6 fa Cup final goals tbh.

Just struck me as the kind of thing the pundits would have moralised about in the past.

I'm specifically thinking about Alan shearer in this. To me it looked like he was having to say through gritted teeth he thought sterling did the right thing as he could see his pension flash before his eyes.

Utter Shit

Jon Walters was on 5 Live last night criticising Russia for their 2014 annexing of Crimea.

jobotic

Fucking hell Gillingham have appointed Fatty Evans. Looks like I won't be going this season either.

BlodwynPig

BBC Sport page is now BBC equality and memes page

phantom_power

Quote from: GMTV on May 22, 2019, 01:19:40 PM
I don't really have much emotion tied up in man city's 2nd of 6 fa Cup final goals tbh.

Just struck me as the kind of thing the pundits would have moralised about in the past.

I'm specifically thinking about Alan shearer in this. To me it looked like he was having to say through gritted teeth he thought sterling did the right thing as he could see his pension flash before his eyes.

I think Shearer would be a prime advocate of "stick in the net and argue about it after", even going so far as "stick it in the net and claim it was yours after regardless"

GMTV

Quote from: phantom_power on May 22, 2019, 03:40:28 PM
I think Shearer would be a prime advocate of "stick in the net and argue about it after", even going so far as "stick it in the net and claim it was yours after regardless"

Quite willing to admit I was wrong on this. Just looking for an excuse to put the boot into shearer tbh. Loved him as a player too.

phantom_power

Quote from: GMTV on May 22, 2019, 03:45:53 PM
Quite willing to admit I was wrong on this. Just looking for an excuse to put the boot into shearer tbh. Loved him as a player too.

Yeah often the best players make the worst pundits because they have never really had to think about it. It comes naturally. And I didn't see the coverage so you might well be right

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shearer is a lot better than he was as a pundit. Very modest beginnings mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48353915

Another one in the eye for the men - in their SUITS

wooders1978

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 23, 2019, 06:39:01 PM
Shearer is a lot better than he was as a pundit. Very modest beginnings mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48353915

Another one in the eye for the men - in their SUITS

Bloody hell cheer up love - you've got a beautiful smile

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48373140

Was surprised to see this reference used deadpan by Auntie doing her public service

imitationleather

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 23, 2019, 07:56:43 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48373140

Was surprised to see this reference used deadpan by Auntie doing her public service

Haha. That is a pretty good pun.

Liverpool's proper weird kit being top shows who votes on these things.

Squink

QuoteSouthampton

It's still traditional red and white stripes for Southampton but they have chosen a button-up neckline and some very intense black shoulders for next season.

Oh and it came with a very weird Fyre Festival parody video to launch it.

Wut?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmrA0pWOSqk

DrGreggles

Bayern Munich sniffing around Leroy Sane for £70m.
Seems a bit of a low valuation in this day and age.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 24, 2019, 08:22:39 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48398640

Sad to hear what's going on at Gateshead

Bangor got bollocked down two divisions effectively, yet Bolton and Bury get off scot free

BlodwynPig

it's about to begin - the biggest game of the season.

Ferris

castro diaz

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 25, 2019, 02:57:38 PM
it's about to begin - the biggest game of the season.

Imagine how excited you'd be if you actually supported Tranmere.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: castro diaz on May 25, 2019, 03:37:23 PM
Imagine how excited you'd be if you actually supported Tranmere.

Thinking of joining us? Good lad, hombre

castro diaz

I'd rather join the Foreign fucking Legion son.  I'd rather join in a conversation about school catchment areas.  I'd rather join a conga at a wedding of two people I hate.

No.  I instead, like the rest of the free world, will be supporting Newport County.  Today and all days.  Not just because of their proud Charterist history, not only because of their contribution to international gastronomy (cheese chips curry to name only one), not because of my first kiss (she rested her chewing gum on the side of a phonebox), not because I recently saw them demolish champions Lincoln City 1-0 in perhaps the worst hour and a half of my life thus far.  But because they are simply more working class, and therefore better than you.

Don't worry if you lose today though, you've always got the Danish Superligaen to pretend to give a fuck about tonight. 

BlodwynPig

Fuck off you grade a cunt

Go watch your beloved welsh dragons on a Andorran mountaintop and then die of hypothermia

castro diaz

I tried. :(

I'm being bawdy, Lynn. Enjoy it.

It's actually quite a free flowing, open game (if lacking a little bit of end product).  'Port have a properly good keeper which can often be the difference in tight finals like this so fingers crossed.

As a little half-time treat on this day of days please enjoy this video of the Welsh Maradona in a little vignette featuring post-industrialisation, obesity and roundabouts. A very Newport state of affairs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_jtQr3709Y