Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:08:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

castro diaz

An embarrassingly belated congratulations to Tranmere Rovers and of course as a consequence Blodwyn Pig.

I also pretend to support Levante as well as Newport but even I, the most die-hard Granota you are likely to find this side of the Río Turia, are backing Valencia tonight against the former darlings of world football turned odious heels FC Barcelona.  I knew the score due to the number of fireworks let off in my street so might just tune in for the second half and the inevitable Messipen90.

¡Amunt!

BlodwynPig

With nothing to play for today it was no surprise that both the top two teams in the Danish superliga got beaten at home. Still a great 3-1 win for FC Nordsjaelland against champions Copenhagen.

Ferris

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 25, 2019, 08:43:36 PM
Barca 2 down!

We all know how this ends...

Messi just got one, I'm assuming Suarez (pen) will make an appearance in the 93rd minute or so

Mr Eggs

Really enjoyed the last ten minutes of that nonsense.

BlodwynPig

Blinder Data

Quote from: kngen on May 25, 2019, 09:12:06 PM
Celtic's board immediately piss all over our treble treble celebrations by announcing the appointment of Neil Lennon as permanent manager, the stupid cunts.

"This is how it feels to be Celtic"

I let myself believe the Benitez rumours like a fucking mug. Online reaction is universally negative, Lawwell is a law unto himself.

Good news for the neutral at least, next year's title race will be interesting.

king_tubby

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 25, 2019, 05:37:01 PM
Enjoy Salford next season

At least we'll be tasting the lovely vegan pie at Forest Green again.

Seriously though, the game should have been abandoned due to bright sun.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on May 25, 2019, 11:41:23 PM
At least we'll be tasting the lovely vegan pie at Forest Green again.

Seriously though, the game should have been abandoned due to bright sun.

I thought it was

and

all over again

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 25, 2019, 11:53:37 PM

"Well, Gary Newbon John Aldridge went s*****c!"

EDIT: Hang on, that was a different match.

Bennett Brauer

There's the John Aldridge connection again!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_0ZEh6LPnA

Can't complain about the result on the day, and we were behind you in the table, and in 10th place a couple of minutes before the end of the season. Hope Flynn stays as manager, but a lot of changes coming.

EDIT - wrote this before seeing Dr Greggles mention JA.

Danger Man

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 25, 2019, 05:41:38 PM
Bring on Coventry City next season

Wycombe are waiting for you in Division One or, as I prefer to call it, The prison showers

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on May 26, 2019, 12:00:59 AM
There's the John Aldridge connection again!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_0ZEh6LPnA

Can't complain about the result on the day, and we were behind you in the table, and in 10th place a couple of minutes before the end of the season. Hope Flynn stays as manager, but a lot of changes coming.

EDIT - wrote this before seeing Dr Greggles mention JA.

Love the use of the phrase "no right to exist in the firmament of international football" - you tell 'em, bloody yanks in outlandish caps.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Danger Man on May 26, 2019, 12:02:45 AM
Wycombe are waiting for you in Division One or, as I prefer to call it, The prison showers

v Wycombe Wanderers

Games won:   7
Games drawn:   1
Games lost:   4

v Coventry City

Games won:   10
Games drawn:   3
Games lost:   7

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hopefully the Barca's latest losses result in a terminal decline rotting into the grave of history.

Valverde: We Go Again on Thursday against Barceloneta C in the Serrano Ham Classic

Messi 40 and dispossessed by a toddler.

imitationleather

One of the all-time great own goals puts Sunderland ahead

bigfatheart

My first instinct was to laugh my cods off.

My second instinct was to think "oh shit, that's going to happen to us tomorrow isn't it".

imitationleather

This match is basically a massive spoiler for how season 2 of Sunderland Til I Die ends.

BlodwynPig

HAAAA HAAAA

SUNDERLAND TRANMERE NEXT SEASON CLASSIC

BlodwynPig

Having enjoyed that, I have to say Charlton are a shithole nothing club.

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 26, 2019, 04:55:03 PM
HAAAA HAAAA

SUNDERLAND TRANMERE NEXT SEASON CLASSIC

These dramatic endings are all pre-arranged to sell Sky subscriptions to Instagram influencers though!

BlodwynPig

phes

BlodwynPig

Fucking hell, the commentator is awful

"these fearless men"

"this proud club"

"they don't fear anything"

(insert club name here level of reductionist shit)

phes

Why was he insisting bizarrely that they had scored with literally the last kick of the game which he repeated about three times after they'd played on for another minute or two

BlodwynPig

Quote from: phes on May 26, 2019, 05:08:57 PM
Why was he insisting bizarrely that they had scored with literally the last kick of the game which he repeated about three times after they'd played on for another minute or two

I think it was 6 seconds before the end and they played for a few more kicks. Also, it seemed like an OG to me, not a Bauer goal.

Whiff of corporate fun generation.

"It doesn't get better than this!"

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: BlodwynPig on May 26, 2019, 04:56:26 PM
Having enjoyed that, I have to say Charlton are a shithole nothing club.

Eat your heart out Kelvin MacKenzie.

QuoteMacKenzie was a supporter of Charlton Athletic F.C. for 12 years but switched allegiance to Queens Park Rangers after Charlton's relegation from the Championship in 2009.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin_MacKenzie

At least Jim Davidson has stayed loyal.

Bennett Brauer

The referee's a striker.  https://twitter.com/JakeSanders92/status/1132312585498443776?s=09

If only he'd pointed at the sky with both hands afterwards.