Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:06:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Tough season ahead for Bolton.
They currently have seven professionals on the books.
Two are goalkeepers and none are defenders.

Great White Ape

Quietly pleased with Villa's business so far, but, even with the talent we're likely to bring in, picturing our starting XI still bothers me a little. There's such a thing as a team being too young and promising.

Not sure about Trezeguet. If we do buy him, I hope he turns out to be more than just a useful option off the bench, though I expect he will benefit from our coaching staff.

Great White Ape

Sorry, "Trezeguet".

Ferris

Quote from: Great White Ape on July 14, 2019, 01:36:49 AM
Quietly pleased with Villa's business so far, but, even with the talent we're likely to bring in, picturing our starting XI still bothers me a little. There's such a thing as a team being too young and promising.

Not sure about Trezeguet. If we do buy him, I hope he turns out to be more than just a useful option off the bench, though I expect he will benefit from our coaching staff.

Yeah, reminds me of The Year Of The French Jordans when we signed Amavi and some other French Jordans I've already forgotten from Ligue Un on the basis they were "young and promising", and the squad sunk without trace.

Still, this lot are very young and very promising (not to mention very expensive) so this must all be fine.

Great White Ape

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 14, 2019, 09:50:30 AM
Yeah, reminds me of The Year Of The French Jordans when we signed Amavi and some other French Jordans I've already forgotten from Ligue Un on the basis they were "young and promising", and the squad sunk without trace.

Still, this lot are very young and very promising (not to mention very expensive) so this must all be fine.

Aye, our relegation year, when Richards (who joined in June) and Agbonlahor started as captain and club captain respectively. I'd forgotten Sherwood did that.

That was the summer we also signed Gueye, who was Everton's joint Player of the Year last season (with FPL-favourite Lucas Digne) and could play CL football the next should he join PSG. The other French Jordans were Ayew and then Veretout, who hasn't done too badly post-Villa either. He's now pushing for (and will probably get) a move to Milan after successful spells at Saint-Étienne and Fiorentina. I know Milan and Inter aren't the juggernaut powerhouses they were when I watched them on Football Italia, but still...

Good players in a team that had no chance of succeeding under a manager too busy making a point of playing 'his' players over the Director of Recruitment's. One of the most dismal set-ups in the club's history. By the time Garde was appointed in November, it had all gone to pot already.

All in all, I'm ever thankful we didn't go up with Bruce and Xia. That would have been too grim to bear.

Ferris

Talking of that absolutely awful season, I came across Remi Garde the other day who is managing in Canada with Montreal Impact. Blasts from the stinkin past.

imitationleather

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 13, 2019, 10:07:35 AM
https://www.retroclasico.co.uk/category/ceefax-nostalgia/

Print any football result on a mug in teletext stylee

England 0 - 0 Algeria?

No need to be facetious.

I think it'd be an excellent way to commemorate the precious memory of my first ever visit to Wembley: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/99478.stm

phantom_power

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 12, 2019, 12:55:29 PM
It's not really shoehorning United into a story, is it? I mean, the sick person works for them. Desperate, yes, but more in a "trying to write something about United as none of the big clubs are doing anything newsworthy transfer-wise".

Yeah I mistyped that. I meant to say attempt to shape an event involving United into a newsworthy story

BlodwynPig

DrGreggles

Great White Ape

[Deleted. Edited a post past the cut-off point.]

DrGreggles

Tun pen - saved
Sen pen - saved
Extra time
Sen goal - o.g. after flapping keeper fuck up
Tun pen - given, then VARred off
Handbags Handbags Handbags
And... END

Great White Ape

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 14, 2019, 05:40:56 PM
Move it to the Villa 2019/2020 Thread

That's the dream, Blod. The trouble is that it's too brave, too electrifying. It pierces the boundaries of good taste.

BlodwynPig

Zaza with 6 goals in 30 minutes in Torino's 15-0 win today

Ferris

Quote from: Great White Ape on July 14, 2019, 07:46:34 PM
That's the dream, Blod. The trouble is that it's too brave, too electrifying. It pierces the boundaries of good taste.

The people couldn't handle it, man. The Villa chat would be too real for them, yeah?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 14, 2019, 09:04:10 PM
The people couldn't handle it, man. The Villa chat would be too real for them, yeah?

Preddo, AV finish 12th.

FA Cup 5th Round

Villa Youth 2 - 3 Tranmere

Now we don't need the thread.

DrGreggles

2nd semi:

Alg goal - o.g.
Nig pen - not given, then VARred on
1-1

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 14, 2019, 09:05:30 PM
Preddo, AV finish 12th.

FA Cup 5th Round

Villa Youth 2 - 3 Tranmere

Now we don't need the thread.

Well obviously that's how 2020 ends, but it's fun to dream isn't it?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: imitationleather on July 14, 2019, 05:29:53 PM
No need to be facetious.

I think it'd be an excellent way to commemorate the precious memory of my first ever visit to Wembley: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/99478.stm

Got to love the entirely factual report there. No preening McNulty homilies or Fordyce Narrative pieces. Fucking football fucking facts, fuck off

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 14, 2019, 09:32:52 PM
2nd semi:

Alg goal - o.g.
Nig pen - not given, then VARred on
1-1

Mahrez wins it for Alg with the last (free) kick of the game!

Great White Ape

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 14, 2019, 09:04:10 PM

The people when faced with some real Villa chat:

bgmnts

I've observed some Villa chat and run it through the wordcloud.

Great White Ape

Hair-raising, isn't it? But who can say you're not observing your own thoughts and fears?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hard lines for F91 Dudelange tonight. Gutted for the boys.

Pick up and go again on 4th August against Blue Boys Muhlenbach.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on July 14, 2019, 11:37:53 PM
I've observed some Villa chat and run it through the wordcloud.

Genuinely funny

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 16, 2019, 09:13:00 PM

Superb result for Saburtalo, but can they do it on a warm Tuesday evening in Barcelona?

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 16, 2019, 09:13:00 PM

Can you make a Football 19/20 thread for this chat please. The conclusion of the ACN is the only new football that can be discussed here.