Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:44:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnquark

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 15, 2019, 12:57:58 PM
I'd say that Peschisolido is up there as one of the best Canadian players of all-time, but I can't think of the one stand-out player that they've ever had.

The de Guzman brothers

Ferris

Scott Dobie

Google reckons he's Scottish, disregard.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 15, 2019, 05:22:09 PM
But which of us will be dressed as which? YOU decide!

Toronto FC legend. Has his own chants and section on the level of excellence. See him cutting about town occasionally when there's a game on - I think he is now Canadian so could count? Borderline one.

HolyZombieJesus look away now
https://twitter.com/supfootballers/status/1089556128915169280

phantom_power

I think Barca is probably a good draw for United. They will be the underdogs again and so can use that for motivation. I think any of the teams that are left are probably well capable of beating them so at least it will be a good match and losing to Barca would be less painful than losing to an English team or a "lesser" team like Porto

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotethink Barca is probably a good draw for United

Heh, typical fanspeak, that. You'd have fucking bitten mine or anyone else's hand off to get the weakest team in the draw.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on March 16, 2019, 09:57:01 AM
Heh, typical fanspeak, that. You'd have fucking bitten mine or anyone else's hand off to get the weakest team in the draw.

Newcastle United or Droylsden?

DrGreggles

Been very impressed with Sheff U whenever I've seen them this season.

And can we all agree that the best thing about football is when an outfield player goes in goal?

DrGreggles

One of the reasons Zidane supposedly left Real Madrid last year was his lack of input on transfers and players being brought in against his wishes.

Anyway, first match back today and he's dropped Courtois.

Captain Z

BlodwynPig

Man C doing what Barca have started doing because theyre bored - give opposition a head start and go on to win from there. Pure arrogance

DrGreggles

Maybe it's a focus thing. Happened last year at Wigan too, and they didn't turn that round.
Maybe no one gives a shit about THEGREATESTDOMESTICCUPCOMPETITIONINTHEWORLD any more - even the players.

Ferris

Lads... it is finally here. The equinox. What we all were waiting for.

THREE-O WALCOTT

ToneLa

Quote from: Captain Z on March 16, 2019, 05:50:51 PM
Swansea 2-0 up over Man City inside 30 mins....

Haha you and your jokes!

*looks, faints, wakes up, laughs*

*refers to self in third person*

Captain Z

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 16, 2019, 06:23:20 PM
Lads... it is finally here. The equinox. What we all were waiting for.

THREE-O WALCOTT

Can't believe I almost forgot! Looking through his twitter, Everton fans are really not keen on him.

Ferris

Quote from: Captain Z on March 16, 2019, 06:36:59 PM
Can't believe I almost forgot! Looking through his twitter, Everton fans are really not keen on him.

I nearly forgot and all. I considered a new thread for it, but it would just be peep show lines and pictures of The Big Man so I didn't bother.

Chollis

City with another very dodgy penalty. Worse than Liverpool these guys!

Captain Z

Did that not go to VAR just because Swansea don't have it installed?

Edit: oh, simply because this tie was not selected as a VAR trial.

ToneLa

DrGreggles

Anyone think Pep may have given them a bollocking at half time?

Beagle 2

Nah he just brought Aguero on.

Swansea cheated out of that to be honest. Another toilet ran on the pitch.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 16, 2019, 05:54:25 PM
Man C doing what Barca have started doing because theyre bored - give opposition a head start and go on to win from there. Pure arrogance

Inevitable. #BeigeLife

jobotic

I really really really don't like Manchester City.

DrGreggles

Morrison Lard

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 16, 2019, 09:08:11 PM
This is fucking rotten.
Dogshit match.

Made worse by the way Guy Mowbray is pronouncing Jiménez.

"He Mayonnaise"

The Lurker

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 15, 2019, 12:57:58 PM
I'd say that Peschisolido is up there as one of the best Canadian players of all-time, but I can't think of the one stand-out player that they've ever had.

I think this league will die on it's arse within 5 years, with any of the remaining centrally-based teams joining the USL.

Hartlepool United's very own David Edgar, of course. The very same David Edgar who Wikipedia tells us is not to be confused with Edgar Davids.