Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,472
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:26:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Finishing: '19 - footballfootballfootballfootballfootb

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

PSG win the title in the least pleasing way - 3 bites at the cherry (1 draw, 2 losses) before Lille's draw today hands them the title. Fucking wankers. French sport is littered with this kind of shit.

The Culture Bunker

I do suspect poor Ole is the sacrifice to the mob in the final days of the Glazer family's looting of the club. United are surely one of the worst run clubs in the country, bearing in mind the advantages given to them.

So it goes. There's always the memories of the good times.

Chollis

JamesTC

United's Premier League home form from the last 10 games: WWWDDWWWWD

Who am I kidding? City will thrash them 1-0.

gabrielconroy

It's just occurred to me that Neil Warnock is the witch woman from Spirited Away:

Ferris

Villa win 10 games on the bounce. New club record apparently.

DrGreggles

BlodwynPig

Another miserable day. Throw everything away again

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on April 22, 2019, 02:59:25 PM
Villa win 10 games on the bounce. New club record apparently.

Wahey! What a day, what a day.

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 22, 2019, 06:11:43 PM
Leeds losing v Brentford at half time.

2-0 down now.

I was just thinking the other day of how Villa was their only tricky remaining game...

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 22, 2019, 06:40:53 PM
2-0 down now.

I was just thinking the other day of how Villa was their only tricky remaining game...

I'm still expecting it to be a tough game - though, according to Leeds fans, their players seem to have thrown in the towel recently. They say their fight is gone. Would be hilarious if Derby nick 6th and then do Leeds in the semis, especially after the spygate shenanigans.

Expecting a good game from the Baggies as well.

king_tubby

Quote from: Baron von Klaus on April 22, 2019, 06:50:00 PM
Would be hilarious if Derby nick 6th and then do Leeds in the semis, especially after the spygate shenanigans.

It bloody would. It's got so bad that Spurs fans are talking about not Leedsing stuff up.

bigfatheart

Quote from: Baron von Klaus on April 22, 2019, 06:50:00 PM
Would be hilarious if Derby nick 6th and then do Leeds in the semis, especially after the spygate shenanigans.

You know, it occurred to me earlier on that a few years ago when we got Hull in the play-offs, we absolutely battered them in the regular season, but they turned us over in the play-offs. Would be nice to think we could be on the other end of such a scenario, but nice things happen to other clubs, not us.

Squink

God, I love the Championship. It's fucking brutal and unpredictable. What odds were there on Norwich at the start of the season? And they should have it in the bag now. But no.

When you see shit like this going on, it's as clear a sign as any that the top six in the Premier League are going to do whatever it takes to stop a Leicester style scenario from happening again.

finnquark

This was an interesting blog to look back on - https://experimental361.com/2018/06/21/fixture-difficulty-matrix-championship-2018-19/

Aggregating bookies odds gave you a top five of Stoke, WBA, Boro, Forest, Swansea. Leeds 6th, Norwich 10th, Sheff United 11th. They got the bottom 3 right.

They did the same for the Conference North. Interestingly we were down as 16th of 22, and 5 of the top 7 were predicted as bottom half.

Trying to plan for or playoff run now we're guaranteed 5th. 4th plays 7th and 5th plays 6th a week on Wednesday, so I can't get back to Alty for that. If we win we're away on the Sunday at 2nd in the league, most likely Chorley, before playing the winner of the other semi away on Sunday 12th. It's quite fun because 7th gets you a playoff spot, so there's loads of tension (3 teams playing for the last 2 spots next weekend), but it makes planning to go to the games an absolute nightmare.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Squink on April 22, 2019, 07:46:46 PM
God, I love the Championship. It's fucking brutal and unpredictable.

Best league in the world, mate.

DrGreggles

Great strike from Hendrick.
That should count as 1 for Ireland too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Norwich's manager is a We Go Again

Go straight back down

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Robert "God" Fowler has taken a break from being a buy-to-let empire piece of fucking shit to manage Brisbane Roar, which I'm certain he will definitely do committedly and successfully with no need to revert back to line of least resistance leeching off the poor to amass property and wealth.

I dun me badges! I dun all me badges lichke! Looche ah thar maul!

EOLAN

Just logged into BBC football site to see the result of the Burnley v Chelsea game to see that it finished 1-1 in top left corner of it's rolling news. Funny cos I saw it was 2-1 to the Pensioners and then 2-2 when flicking through it. So, as my last bastion of truth what was the score.
Also; maybe because I am outside the UK but it is really annoyingly difficult how hard it is to find the Live EFL Updates; particularly on a Bank Holiday Monday when there is eff all else going on.

imitationleather

Quote from: EOLAN on April 23, 2019, 09:02:10 AM
Just logged into BBC football site to see the result of the Burnley v Chelsea game to see that it finished 1-1 in top left corner of it's rolling news. Funny cos I saw it was 2-1 to the Pensioners and then 2-2 when flicking through it. So, as my last bastion of truth what was the score.
Also; maybe because I am outside the UK but it is really annoyingly difficult how hard it is to find the Live EFL Updates; particularly on a Bank Holiday Monday when there is eff all else going on.

For scores I use www.flashscore.com. Even in their good moments the BBC site is about five minutes behind.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: EOLAN on April 23, 2019, 09:02:10 AM

BBC Sport website is not fit for purpose. Their report on the France - Romania Fed cup semi-final had Mladenovic beating Begu when in fact it was Caroline Garcia who beat Begu. Absolute tip of the iceberg that.

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 23, 2019, 04:21:57 PM
BBC Sport website is not fit for purpose. Their report on the France - Romania Fed cup semi-final had Mladenovic beating Begu when in fact it was Caroline Garcia who beat Begu. Absolute tip of the iceberg that.

Pauline Parmentier played against Begu

BlodwynPig

thraxx

Today's David Squire cartoon is his best in a very long while.

chveik

DrGreggles

Shane Long appears to have scored after 8 seconds.

FUCK YOU, LEDLEY KING!