Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:17:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Maximum number of eggs for an omelette you have used?

Started by bgmnts, March 14, 2019, 09:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I made a 5 egg omelette last night and I felt so greedy and gluttounous but it was so fluffy and tasty.

What is the perfect amount of eggs for an omelette serving one? 3? 4? What is your highest number of eggs used in a single egg dish?

Shit Good Nose

I think 3 if you're having extras in it (like cheese, onion, mushrooms etc) as they bulk it out, 4 if you're just having the eggs.

Most I've used is 12...quail eggs.

Don't think I've ever gone more than 4 with normal chicken eggs, I think 6 with bantams.

2 duck eggs will suffice, but duck egg omelettes taste odd.

But it really does depend on the size of the eggs, as they can be so varied.

Buelligan

Three makes a perfect one in a 20cm pan - btw, you should ask at your farm whether they have wild asparagus there, it should be sprouting around this time of year and just a handful, snapped into 10+/-cm lengths and quickly fried in butter or oil, makes a superb omelette.  I have made this omelette, on the ashes of an open fire, for thirty or more, trays of eggs were involved.

Three yolks, five whites and a fistful of gouda and chorizo chunks.

madhair60

Can confirm the asparagus thing makes for a cunt-kicking good omelette.

bgmnts

I'll have a look in Lidl when i'm in town, see if they have any asparagus. It sounds like it would be decent eating.

Lost Oliver

ToneLa

I've got no eggs, but plenty of Worcestershire sauce.. Mmm, omelettes

Norton Canes

Quote from: ToneLa on March 14, 2019, 10:57:16 AM
I've got no eggs, but plenty of Worcestershire sauce

Edward Barton considers rewrite

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 14, 2019, 11:06:27 AM
Edward Barton considers rewrite

That's the feller! I was trying to think of his name before, in order to make this very sort of post!

Replies From View

kittens

long time since i had an omelette. used to live off them but got very very sick of them and how bad they taste. i'm so hungry now though that i'm imagining an omelette and boy lemme tell ya it seems great and it got ten eggs.

pancreas

Quote from: kittens on March 14, 2019, 02:17:32 PM
long time since i had an omelette. used to live off them but got very very sick of them and how bad they taste. i'm so hungry now though that i'm imagining an omelette and boy lemme tell ya it seems great and it got ten eggs.

They taste bad unless you buy the £2.50/box eggs from Waitrose and know how to cook omelettes properly.

Sorry to be so presumptive, but I suspect you fail on both these counts.

kittens

eggs is eggs bitch and cooking nothing but putting it on hot metal. how come when to go to the omelette shop like 'guess i'll have another omelette' it still tastes rank if the problem is with me. i don't work in the omelette shop bitch.

make me an omelette to change my mind.

pancreas

OK, fair enough. What's your address and I'll send you a nice omelette.

Pingers

Obviously you want to separate the yolks and whites, beat the whites until stiff-ish, then fold them gently back into the yolks and whatever else you have mixed with the yolks, then cook the omelette. That is the correct and most tastiest way to cook an omelette. It is not, as the oaf Kittens maintains, 'nothing but putting it on hot metal'. I think we can all see where he as gone wrong there.

pancreas

Quote from: Pingers on March 14, 2019, 04:20:43 PM
I think we can all see where he as gone wrong there.

Can we? I suspect the omelette situation is merely the symptom of a much more profound disorder.

kittens

a few problems with your little plan there pingers. one - it is not possible to separate the yolk and the white, they are the same gooey thing. separate the egg from the egg? nonsense.

two - no matter how hard you beat the 'whites'  they will not go stiff because they are liquid and liquid don't get stiff bitch.

anyone else think they can cook a egg nice? you can't bitch

Ferris

Done 3 eggs once. Much too large had to throw it in the bin.

Space ghost

Black Ship

<tag> Mrs Beardsley enters thread to check if they are "Really fuckin' fluffy </tag>

QDRPHNC

Just thinking of a five egg omelette makes me want to be sick everywhere.

shiftwork2

Why has nobody done 'One egg is un ouef'?  Absolute shower of cunts.

Replies From View