Author Topic: # to get back to those Hanging Gardens of Reigate #  (Read 230 times)

# to get back to those Hanging Gardens of Reigate #
« on: March 14, 2019, 03:52:59 PM »
What a top song that was. Anyone else remember it ?

Re: # to get back to those Hanging Gardens of Reigate #
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 08:30:27 AM »
Erm....clearly not. You could at least have had a look for it on The Youtubes, you miserable cunts. >:-(

Chriddof

• Things start to happen!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 10:45:38 PM »
Sorry, I did and I liked it but forgot to post about it. I was too young to hear it first time round but it's great.

I thought I already knew this band from a song called "I'm Hardly Ever Wrong", but that appears to have been The Would Be's instead of the Would Be Goods. Turns out I'm quite often wrong myself.

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 12:45:51 PM »
The Would Be Goods were basically an even posher version of Talulah Gosh ( additionally,they were  the privately and expensively educated version of the brace of Marmalade Atkins' what comprised their El Records stablemates Bad Dream Fancy Dress ), and had a way with a tune. The entirety of their debut (and sole) album "The Camera Loves Me" (which I remember buying when it was first released ) is also available on the Yout'tubes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 01:07:07 PM by Lisa Jesusandmarychain »

Mark Steels Stockbroker

• Lost in the former West
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 08:41:53 PM »
I'm pretty confident in saying that I'm the only person on CaB who chose "The Camera Loves Me" as the soundtrack CD to be played while I underwent radiotherapy.

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 10:31:11 PM »
The Camera Loves Me is the only song by theirs I really know. It's ace.

Bad dream Fancy Dress have a great youtube channel, including lots of great Jez Butler tunes. me and my daughter were dancing to this just yesterdy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ARUainL14