Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:01:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

# to get back to those Hanging Gardens of Reigate #

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, March 14, 2019, 03:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What a top song that was. Anyone else remember it ?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Erm....clearly not. You could at least have had a look for it on The Youtubes, you miserable cunts. >:-(

Chriddof

Sorry, I did and I liked it but forgot to post about it. I was too young to hear it first time round but it's great.

I thought I already knew this band from a song called "I'm Hardly Ever Wrong", but that appears to have been The Would Be's instead of the Would Be Goods. Turns out I'm quite often wrong myself.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Would Be Goods were basically an even posher version of Talulah Gosh ( additionally,they were  the privately and expensively educated version of the brace of Marmalade Atkins' what comprised their El Records stablemates Bad Dream Fancy Dress ), and had a way with a tune. The entirety of their debut (and sole) album "The Camera Loves Me" (which I remember buying when it was first released ) is also available on the Yout'tubes.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

I'm pretty confident in saying that I'm the only person on CaB who chose "The Camera Loves Me" as the soundtrack CD to be played while I underwent radiotherapy.

jobotic

The Camera Loves Me is the only song by theirs I really know. It's ace.

Bad dream Fancy Dress have a great youtube channel, including lots of great Jez Butler tunes. me and my daughter were dancing to this just yesterdy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ARUainL14