Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Again the Royal Academy prove to be a bunch of Philistine Bastards

Started by Black Ship, March 14, 2019, 03:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Ship

Fuckers. Yet again, my artwork which I sweated and fretted about for months have been rejected again. Why? It's a heartfelt and genuine artwork. Why don't they like me? It's a good painting. I'm a pretty decent artist...aren't I....aren't I?

pancreas

I have to say, I don't think sending pictures of your foof to the RA is going to win you any favours with anyone.

Blumf

Have you even tried sleeping with a well connected ad executive?

Buelligan

I don't know Black Ship, obviously I'm very sorry that you didn't get hung but fuck it, Art is about the artist communicating - if you're  happy with the thing you made, fuck the world and keep on making stuff that means something to you.  Recognition is nice but that's all it is, it has nothing to do with the value of your work.

Mr_Simnock

Can an image of said artwork be provided in this very thread, we could offer some critique as to why it might not have made the cut.

Black Ship

Quote from: Buelligan on March 14, 2019, 04:07:02 PM
I don't know Black Ship, obviously I'm very sorry that you didn't get hung but fuck it, Art is about the artist communicating - if you're  happy with the thing you made, fuck the world and keep on making stuff that means something to you.  Recognition is nice but that's all it is, it has nothing to do with the value of your work.

But it has everything to do with my value as a person.

I would have used this opportunity to tell all my nay-sayers to SUCK IT. Everyone who ever rejected me or made me feel bad would have to eat some hefty pie.

Plus rep is an aphrodisiac. I hang one painting in a reputable art exhibition and the men will flock to kiss my feet. I won't have to try so hard to be loved.

BlodwynPig

Black Ship

A Biography in Cheap Acrylic

Laugh you bastards. I dare you too.

BlodwynPig

Absorb the anus burn

Fuck 'em.

Strong composition, intriguing colour pallet, juxtaposed sense of motion and stillness.... It's pretty damn good.

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

I know fuck-all.  It makes me think a bit of Chagall.  I think you need more anger, less diffidence but what the fuck do I know, I know what means owt to me is all.

BlodwynPig

Quid

Actually would have been a better Beatles album cover - whichever album the go hindu on

bgmnts

A few more doodles away from penning the next Mein Kampf.

Dex Sawash

Glebe

That's a wonderfully expressive piece IMHO, Black Ship. Fuck them Royal Academy bastards.

AliasTheCat

Sorry Black Ship, I feel your pain. A few years back I spent weeks making a manuscript miniature painting, endless and incredibly tedious, painstaking work. The miniaturists wouldn't accept it for exhibition because it was too big (7"x5") and the watercolourists wouldn't take it because it was painted on vellum and that would be the end of civilisation as we know it. Then turned down by the RA for the hat-trick. It's now propped against the wall gathering dust.

thenoise

Black Ship

a duncandisorderly

BlodwynPig

Happy to say my first and original piece has been accepted by the Royal Academy

Neomod

Grayson Perry is coordinating this year and I would have thought this would be right up his street. Which stage did you get to, physical or digital?

I'm entering next year for a laff.   

petril

Quote from: pancreas on March 14, 2019, 03:56:56 PM
I have to say, I don't think sending pictures of your foof to the RA is going to win you any favours with anyone.

the RA, not awarding favours

ToneLa

Ah yes, quite, the expressionistic use of vivid colour and the subject hints at the work of Chagall, whose work one witnessed when holidaying in the Côte d'Azur pissed off one's tits...

I am skint, so an offer of spondoolies ain't forthcoming but I'll, like the work of Marc Chagall, look at it tipsy if you like?

Black Ship

Quote from: Neomod on March 14, 2019, 11:06:16 PM
Grayson Perry is coordinating this year and I would have thought this would be right up his street. Which stage did you get to, physical or digital?

I'm entering next year for a laff.

Digital. If it had been physical i would have had a chance to at least exhibit. And that would have been all tht mattered.