Author Topic: Again the Royal Academy prove to be a bunch of Philistine Bastards  (Read 917 times)

BlodwynPig

• Throwing two dogs at a goblin
Re: Again the Royal Academy prove to be a bunch of Philistine Bastards
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2019, 01:57:17 AM »
Ah yes, quite, the expressionistic use of vivid colour and the subject hints at the work of Chagall, whose work one witnessed when holidaying in the Côte d'Azur pissed off one's tits...

I am skint, so an offer of spondoolies ain't forthcoming but I'll, like the work of Marc Chagall, look at it tipsy if you like?

Black Ship

• Where there is TEA, there is HOPE.
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 02:01:43 AM »
it's the banjo. lose the banjo & I'll have a word.

It's not a banjo though If you follow it down and  incorporate the film reel as well it's actually supposed to be a guitar. And if you think that it a bit outsize for a guitar, the subject used to play a Gibson ES345 custom stereo which on a 5'6" man covered most of his body.

Delete Delete Delete

• Cab TV Tue at 6pm https://live.fc2.com/6162694/
    • Cab TV
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 02:04:03 AM »
I've found with this sort of thing, Size matters. Its needs to be as big as a house.

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 02:10:21 PM »
Fuckers. Yet again, my artwork which I sweated and fretted about for months have been rejected again. Why? It's a heartfelt and genuine artwork. Why don't they like me? It's a good painting. I'm a pretty decent artist...aren't I....aren't I?

Have you read Pressfield's The War of Art? It's a very comforting book in these cases.

Glebe

• So here we are, then.
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 08:00:29 PM »
I bet they'd even reject the Hulk Painting.

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 08:09:17 PM »
It look like a DJ playin the banjo. Great stuff!