Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:46:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Again the Royal Academy prove to be a bunch of Philistine Bastards

Started by Black Ship, March 14, 2019, 03:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ToneLa on March 15, 2019, 12:18:58 AM
Ah yes, quite, the expressionistic use of vivid colour and the subject hints at the work of Chagall, whose work one witnessed when holidaying in the Côte d'Azur pissed off one's tits...

I am skint, so an offer of spondoolies ain't forthcoming but I'll, like the work of Marc Chagall, look at it tipsy if you like?

Black Ship

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 14, 2019, 10:57:03 PM
it's the banjo. lose the banjo & I'll have a word.

It's not a banjo though If you follow it down and  incorporate the film reel as well it's actually supposed to be a guitar. And if you think that it a bit outsize for a guitar, the subject used to play a Gibson ES345 custom stereo which on a 5'6" man covered most of his body.

I've found with this sort of thing, Size matters. Its needs to be as big as a house.

rasta-spouse

Quote from: Black Ship on March 14, 2019, 03:55:13 PM
Fuckers. Yet again, my artwork which I sweated and fretted about for months have been rejected again. Why? It's a heartfelt and genuine artwork. Why don't they like me? It's a good painting. I'm a pretty decent artist...aren't I....aren't I?

Have you read Pressfield's The War of Art? It's a very comforting book in these cases.

Glebe