Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:30:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Should scientists block out the Sun?

Started by gne, March 14, 2019, 07:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should scientists block out the Sun?

Yes
6 (30%)
No
1 (5%)
Don't know
1 (5%)
Don't care
3 (15%)
Already boycotting it
4 (20%)
Take the sun out from inside your cock, bleach and shave it
2 (10%)
and the Daily Mail
2 (10%)
Only at night
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

gne

It has been scientifically proven that during the no-fly period following 9/11, the temperature of the earth heated by 2% - 3%. And beyond the con-trails, scientists are able to reduce that figure even further using proven solar geoengineering techniques. It's beginning to look as if blocking out the Sun is the only sane method to achieve the dramatic decrease in the world's temperature that humanity will require to survive climate change. So, should scientists block out the Sun to save all of humanity?

https://geoengineering.environment.harvard.edu/

ToneLa

imitationleather

Quote from: gne on March 14, 2019, 07:37:36 PM
It has been scientifically proven that during the no-fly period following 9/11, the temperature of the earth heated by 2% - 3%. And beyond the con-trails, scientists are able to reduce that figure even further using proven solar geoengineering techniques. It's beginning to look as if blocking out the Sun is the only sane method to achieve the dramatic decrease in the world's temperature that humanity will require to survive. So, should scientists block out the Sun to save all of humanity?

https://geoengineering.environment.harvard.edu/

I wonder who this is.

Current odds on favourite is Paul Calf, although that is a bit obvious.

Cloud

bgmnts

Quote from: Cloud on March 14, 2019, 07:41:22 PM
No, we should just all die instead /s

Would be a lot easier and eco friendly in the long run wouldn't it?

Glebe

Cloud

Well yeah, technically speaking, killing yourself does sort of solve all your problems

ToneLa

Could marijuana still grow?

Other than in cupboards n that. Wild, free mary jane!

Glebe

They should send Cillian Murphy up in a space pod.

Alberon

There was a programme on Global Dimming and the post 9/11 effect a good few years ago. It could have been an Horizon one before that series had a lobotomy.

Anyway, IIRC, even if you could block out 1 or 2 percent of the sun's rays it wouldn't simply cancel out Global Warming. It would cause unpredictable changes in global weather.

Doesn't matter. We can't even agree to lower carbon emissions. A vast ultra thin sunshade placed in orbit between us and the sun? Forget it.

First they take away our petrol cars, now they want to take away Page 3.

Back off boffins!

shiftwork2

Quote from: Alberon on March 14, 2019, 08:42:48 PM
vast ultra thin sunshade placed in orbit between us and the sun? Forget it.

Worrabout my Mother-In-Law's bloomers on the washing line.

Could block out the sun.

Because she's got a fat arse.

Ace

gne

Unpredictable weather would be disastrous Alberon, but as long as we have worldwide coverage then we'll be able to fully control the inhabited regions and spread the risks to non-inhabited zones. Humanity will be forced to work together to overcome climate injustice!

Alberon

The video is probably on Youtube, but here's the transcript of the Horizon programme

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/dimming_trans.shtml

Replies From View

There is no known use for the sun, so I say block it off.  Block it off and block it out.

Ferris

Quote from: ToneLa on March 14, 2019, 07:55:19 PM
Could marijuana still grow?

Other than in cupboards n that. Wild, free mary jane!

I have 1/4oz of the primo government shit in my cupboard that I bought for novelty at legalization but have no time (or inclination really) to consume.

If you can make it to Toronto, it's yours for free. You can't say fairer than that.

Bronzy

Shut up about the sun, SHUT UP ABOUT THE SUN

PlanktonSideburns

I recon in the best instance it will just make things differently worse. Might even worsen existing problem for reasons we can't contemplate.

We should totally do it

Blumf

It's like they've never seen Highlander 2

baptist

Let's at least sort out Brexit first.

hamfist

Norton Canes

I don't get it we already have sunblock