Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Memories ( Of Times Limited, Or Otherwise )

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, March 14, 2019, 09:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Mine memories of Vietnam:
- Massive, fucking huge , big kick-off cockroaches
- Motorbike taxi home wearing a t- shirt ( and jeans and other stuff, obviously. No big winter coat or owt, that's the main point ) in December
- Outdoor haircut, 5:00pmish dusk, early January
- Potential nervous breakdown
- Seeing an average of at least 4 or 5 scuttling rats , scuttling as casually as you like, .per day, as you make your way home
- Fucking mental traffic

Memories, indeed. Memories of places, and times  and that. Could be worth a thread.

imitationleather

What happened in 'Nam is supposed stay in 'Nam.

Small Man Big Horse

My memories of Cambridge (1996 - 1999):

A redfaced Rory McGrath always being pissed in The Tram Depot.
Often seeing that bloke with a loaf of bread tied to his head wandering around.
Getting kicked in the balls by a friend in The Blue Anchor, just because a really old man (not me) was staring down her top.
It being fucking cold and windy in the winter (colder than Edinburgh, according to a Scottish friend).
Being wanked off in the Blockbuster video car park on Mill Road.
Seeing the Cambridge footlights comedy group getting booed off stage when they played our student union bar.
Annoying Sophie Ellis-Bextor in the Junction by asking about her mum.

I may have more memories, but they're the ones which spring instantly to mind.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 14, 2019, 09:41:20 PM
Mine memories of Vietnam London
- Massive, fucking huge , big kick-off cockroaches
- Motorbike taxi home wearing a t- shirt ( and jeans and other stuff, obviously. No big winter coat or owt, that's the main point ) in December
- Outdoor haircut, 5:00pmish dusk, early January
- Potential nervous breakdown
- Seeing an average of at least 4 or 5 scuttling rats , scuttling as casually as you like, .per day, as you make your way home
- Fucking mental traffic

BlodwynPig

Where am I:

- Dog and giant cross on a mountain
- A roundabout
- Buying a plastic bowl in a hypermarket
- Dim lit and cavernous train station, opt for bus
- Mother Theresa smirking at the crowds

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 14, 2019, 10:23:12 PM
My memories of Cambridge (1996 - 1999)

Getting kicked in the balls by a friend in The Blue Anchor, just because a really old man (not me) was staring down her top.

I'm sorry, but I laughed for quite a long time at this. "Just look at this pervy old git looking down me top! Take *that*, SMBH!"
"YAROO! Me knackers!"

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 15, 2019, 08:25:55 AM
I'm sorry, but I laughed for quite a long time at this. "Just look at this pervy old git looking down me top! Take *that*, SMBH!"
"YAROO! Me knackers!"

That's pretty much what happened too, all I said was "He got quite the eyeful there" as she was wearing a very low cut top, and for some reason the next thing I knew I was rolling around on the floor in agony. it took about five minutes before I could stand up again, and though we joke about it to this day I've never quite forgiven her for it. In fact if she ever grows testicles they'll be in for a right beating.

Jockice

Memories of Cambridge.

Going to a party and getting into an argument with a tosser who decided to insult me for being disabled. Arsehole.
Squaring up to him and being distracted by a tap on my shoulder. It turned out it was a girl I knew from Sheffield and really fancied but had no idea at all she would be at this party. Still not sure what she was doing there. She certainly wasn't at university and she didn't know the people I knew there either. Only one of whom was from Sheffield anyway.
A mate of mine (the one from Sheffield) falling into a river when we went for a walk before leaving the following day. That was quite funny.

I've never been back.

Jockice

Memories of Oxford.

Going there twice with different girlfriends (one in 1991, the other in 1997) and having huge fallouts with both of them while there. As did my mate Tim but he had the added bonus of never seeing his particular chick ever again in his life. I thought she was quite nice too.

I've never been back. The place is cursed.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 15, 2019, 10:57:11 AM
That's pretty much what happened too, all I said was "He got quite the eyeful there" as she was wearing a very low cut top, and for some reason the next thing I knew I was rolling around on the floor in agony. it took about five minutes before I could stand up again, and though we joke about it to this day I've never quite forgiven her for it. In fact if she ever grows testicles they'll be in for a right beating.

I'm sorry (again), but this whole incident persists in being one of the funniest things I've ever read on CaB. Yer man SMBH makes what he believes to be a relatively innocuous comment with a certain ephemeral Sid Jamesness about it, then finds himself viciously assaulted in the ' nads. Every word of the above comment made to consolidate the initial telling of the incident is pure comedy gold. I'd love to see a filmed re- enactment of this scene. The more I read it, the more downright hilarious it seems. It's like something out of " Peep Show".

Memories of China:

Broke off an engagement because she said AnCo were shit.

ToneLa

I wish I could recall all those times doing ket, but I was off my face on K

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 15, 2019, 06:06:38 PM
I'm sorry (again), but this whole incident persists in being one of the funniest things I've ever read on CaB. Yer man SMBH makes what he believes to be a relatively innocuous comment with a certain ephemeral Sid Jamesness about it, then finds himself viciously assaulted in the ' nads. Every word of the above comment made to consolidate the initial telling of the incident is pure comedy gold. I'd love to see a filmed re- enactment of this scene. The more I read it, the more downright hilarious it seems. It's like something out of " Peep Show".

I can understand that and if was anyone else's testicles I'd find it funny too. I however will not be reenacting the scene for your pleasure, I still physically wince when I recall the moment to this day.

LanceUppercut

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 14, 2019, 11:21:52 PM
Where am I:

- Dog and giant cross on a mountain
- A roundabout
- Buying a plastic bowl in a hypermarket
- Dim lit and cavernous train station, opt for bus
- Mother Theresa smirking at the crowds

Jesusland?