Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's your cut-off point?

Started by Jockice, March 15, 2019, 07:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Bryan Cocks on March 16, 2019, 05:56:23 AM
The Brexit thread is still hanging on but the Corbyn threads are a horror show. Just a handful of sanctimonious turds mutually affirming each other and pouring scorn on anyone who disagrees, often quite nastily. Some of them can be entertaining posters elsewhere, but for some reason they disappear up their rear ends when it comes to politics, Corbyn particularly. Definitely the sewer of CaB.

Bang on

kalowski

"What's your cut off point" could well be the best joke in The Office

chveik

Ferris

Quote from: Bryan Cocks on March 16, 2019, 05:56:23 AM
The Brexit thread is still hanging on but the Corbyn threads are a horror show. Just a handful of sanctimonious turds mutually affirming each other and pouring scorn on anyone who disagrees, often quite nastily. Some of them can be entertaining posters elsewhere, but for some reason they disappear up their rear ends when it comes to politics, Corbyn particularly. Definitely the sewer of CaB.

It's the nastiness that threw me. I posted in there to try and calm it down but pretty sure I was seen as a heretic and stopped bothering. I hadn't posted in the 4 (!) previous threads, nor the 1 since. I don't need 100 pages of "new replies to your posts" notifications of people being unpleasant to each other. Not even going to touch the Corbyn thread.

Is there any interest in a politics board, away from general bullshit? It could absorb the trump/Brexit/Corbyn threads, and any others that come along.

chveik

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 16, 2019, 10:56:13 PM
Is there any interest in a politics board, away from general bullshit? It could absorb the trump/Brexit/Corbyn threads, and any others that come along.

you would have to define what belongs to politics, and what doen't. good luck with that.

Ray Travez

"First They Came For The Right Wing Bloggers"

No idea what the thread's about now, but I bet, I just bet it namechecks Graham Linehan ;)

Ferris

Quote from: chveik on March 16, 2019, 11:50:30 PM
you would have to define what belongs to politics, and what doen't. good luck with that.

Yeah that's sort of the issue really. What if a thread becomes too political, does it move over?

Some threads like anything May/Corbyn/Brexit related would be in there for definite though, and that would give GB more room to breathe.

Bazooka

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on March 15, 2019, 10:17:45 AM
Donald Brexit / Jeremy Trump / Theresa Corbyn and all that. Already well aware it's all fucked.

Even threads about ham sandwiches, if it turns political, I'm out the backdoor.

Ferris

Quote from: Bazooka on March 17, 2019, 01:27:03 AM
Even threads about ham sandwiches, if it turns political, I'm out the backdoor.

I bet you are you dirty old etc etc etc

Bryan Cocks

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 16, 2019, 10:56:13 PM
Is there any interest in a politics board, away from general bullshit?

If 'threads most people don't like' becomes its own category/board, I can't see how anyone would agree. I think the best play is the one that's happened - give them their own sticky and ignore them. It only really becomes an issue if they evangelise in other threads, but I don't see that happening. It's unfortunate that certain topics have essentially been usurped by certain posters so others can't join in or disagree in without being insulted or shouted at, but I don't know what can be done about that.

kittens

i find it odd that you feel this strongly as you only joined the forum a month ago. we have had a bit of a spate of lads joining up to mostly post in the politics threads and say how bad they are. maybe i'm just paranoid like.