Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:08:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CDKeys Rare Replay for a fiver mate

Started by madhair60, March 15, 2019, 10:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/rare-replay-xbox-one

Five quid for:

Jetpac
Lunar Jetman
Atic Atac
Sabre Wulf
Underwurlde
Knight Lore
Gunfright
Slalom
R.C. Pro-Am
Cobra Triangle
Snake Rattle 'n' Roll
Solar Jetman
Digger T. Rock
Battletoads
R.C. Pro-Am II
Battletoads Arcade
Killer Instinct Gold
Blast Corps
Banjo-Kazooie
Jet Force Gemini
Perfect Dark
Banjo-Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Viva Piñata
Jetpac Refuelled
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

If you don't buy it you are a dipshit.

Jerzy Bondov

ToneLa

Snake Rattle 'n' Roll

Best game ever. I remember getting to the third level!

St_Eddie

Quote from: madhair60 on March 15, 2019, 10:07:25 AM
Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Urgh.  Back in 2003, I was hired to promote the XBox by Microsoft for a 2 week contract and placed within Toys R Us in Southampton.  There was a demo booth running Grabbed by the Ghoulies in the videogame section (which naturally, was the section I stayed within).  Every few minutes, the theme song would play.  Every few minutes.  For 8 hours a day.  For two weeks.  That fucking song is seared into my brain.

LanceUppercut

Worth it for conker's bad fur day alone, if you can handle the N64 control scheme.

Mister Six

It only just occurred to me that "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" is supposed to sound like "grabbed by the goodies", ie testicles.

That is all.

Consignia

Isn't ghoulies slang for testicles anyway? "Grabbing someone by the ghoulies" has long been known as phrase for having someone right where you want them.

idunnosomename

gooly, n.
Pronunciation:  /ˈɡuːli/
Frequency (in current use): 
Etymology: Apparently of Indian origin; compare Hindustani (Yates) golí, a bullet, ball, pill, and see R. L. Turner Compar. Dict. Indo-Aryan Lang. s.v. gudá-1 and gōla-1.(Show Less)

1. Usually plural. The testicles. slang.
1937   E. Partridge Dict. Slang 343/1   Goolies.
1966   'L. Lane' ABZ of Scouse 43   'Ow'd yer like a kick in ther goolies?
1967   B. Norman Matter of Mandrake ix. 68   Strapped naked to a bottom-less chair, having his goolies whacked with a carpet-beater.
1971   Guardian 27 Sept. 10/4   To get a good performance out of them [sc. actors]..it is sometimes necessary to kick them in the goolies.

I mean it was really weird at the time hearing they chose it as a title, I guess they just thought they could get away with it in America without them finding out.

Endicott

Quote from: Mister Six on March 16, 2019, 03:43:26 PM
It only just occurred to me that "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" is supposed to sound like "grabbed by the goodies", ie testicles.

That is all.

Tim Brooke-Taylor leaves thread in disgust.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mister Six on March 16, 2019, 03:43:26 PM

That is all.

I realised the pun, several thousand times over.  Somewhere in a desolate Toys R Us.  Desolation R Us.  So you can take it from me, it's not a play on "goodies".  "Goolies" is a slang word for bollocks.

ziggy starbucks

warhammer is better than all those games

paint some orks instead

ToneLa

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on March 17, 2019, 11:35:09 AM
warhammer is better than all those games

paint some orks instead

I bet they're all painted orks by the time you've finished with em!!!