Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:01:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comic Relief 2019

Started by Ballad of Ballard Berkley, March 15, 2019, 07:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Anyone bothering with this? Paddy McGuinness is co-hosting at the moment...

No idea when it's on, but I'm looking forward to the Partridge segment. Jodie Whittaker in character as the Doctor will turn up too at some point. Apart from that, the pickings are slim as usual.

Captain Z

It is good of them to provide a relief from all this comedy we have now.

jobotic

I'm in the other room but I can hear that fucking OFAH musical thing on at the moment.

Malcy

Looking forward to Partridge & the 4 Weddings sequel but i can watch them on Youtube later. Haven't watched the full shows in years. Always seems such forced comedy in the presenting. Add that to all the appeals which end up repeating over and over after a short while and it's just not worth bothering with.

Still waiting on a sequel to The Curse Of Fatal Death...

Quote from: jobotic on March 15, 2019, 07:28:50 PM
I'm in the other room but I can hear that fucking OFAH musical thing on at the moment.

Saw a clip of the opening number the other day. Looked fucking awful.

Rizla

Look, I know the OFAH musical is probably just a bit of harmless fun, but what the fuck is Whitehouse thinking?

shiftwork2

Quote from: Malcy on March 15, 2019, 07:29:53 PM
Looking forward to Partridge & the 4 Weddings sequel but i can watch them on Youtube later.

Exactly the same for me, except I'm not looking forward to the 4 weddings sequel.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on March 15, 2019, 07:36:53 PM
Look, I know the OFAH musical is probably just a bit of harmless fun, but what the fuck is Whitehouse thinking?

Musical = money?

Well yes, silly question really.

Is the guy who plays Del Boy New Man from Phone Shop?

Replies From View

Is there still somebody in a big bath of baked beans?  That was always my favourite one.

cliggg

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on March 15, 2019, 07:13:04 PMNo idea when it's on, but I'm looking forward to the Partridge segment.
The Partridge sketch will be on somewhere in the 10:35 to 12:00 slot. This is the premise for it.

"Recently making a triumphant return to the corporation he left in infamy in the early Nineties, North Norfolk Digital DJ and tan string-back driving-glove enthusiast Alan Partridge (Steve Coogan) will bring his experience to the fore alongside the redoubtable Sidekick Simon (Tim Key).

The dynamic duo hope to tug the heartstrings with a thought-provoking docu-feature about their efforts to raise money for Comic Relief on the mean streets of Norfolk."

Chriddof

Comic Relief hasn't been good since 1991, and even then you had The Stonk to contend with. Also what happened with those accusations that loads of the money was going to tobacco companies or something?

Quote from: cliggg on March 15, 2019, 08:42:17 PM
The Partridge sketch will be on somewhere in the 10:35 to 12:00 slot. This is the premise for it.

"Recently making a triumphant return to the corporation he left in infamy in the early Nineties, North Norfolk Digital DJ and tan string-back driving-glove enthusiast Alan Partridge (Steve Coogan) will bring his experience to the fore alongside the redoubtable Sidekick Simon (Tim Key).

The dynamic duo hope to tug the heartstrings with a thought-provoking docu-feature about their efforts to raise money for Comic Relief on the mean streets of Norfolk."

Ta!

trabuch

My dislike of Lenny Benny overpowered me. I fear I may have missed Partridge. I hope someone will put it on Youtube.

Malcy

Quote from: trabuch on March 15, 2019, 10:57:21 PM
My dislike of Lenny Benny overpowered me. I fear I may have missed Partridge. I hope someone will put it on Youtube.

The BBC have been putting everything up on their channel.

Mark Steels Stockbroker

Quote from: Chriddof on March 15, 2019, 09:42:44 PM
Also what happened with those accusations that loads of the money was going to tobacco companies or something?

They went up in smoke!!!!!!!!1

big egg

That was worth waiting for to be fair

Tony Tony Tony

Now that's how to use Sidekick Simon... pepper spray in the face!

Rizla

That was great, packed solid with gags. Loved  "you might get hit in the eye with an arrow, or a stick that chooses to identify as an arrow!"

Captain Z

Joe Swash said something about 'hopefully no technical difficulties this time...', is it worth trying to search back for the earlier bit or was it literally a few seconds?

ToneLa

What yous on aboot. Turned it on and it's some dancin.

Oh well. Torrents for Partridge

big egg

Have to admit I'm a bit tipsy but I left it on in the background and Johnny Vegas showing up during Magic Mike and dancing surprisingly well was pretty hilarious.

Rizla

Quote from: Captain Z on March 15, 2019, 11:21:16 PM
Joe Swash said something about 'hopefully no technical difficulties this time...', is it worth trying to search back for the earlier bit or was it literally a few seconds?

It was quite good, basically Alan talking to someone off-camera about fiddling his expenses for the show, not realising he was on air. Bit of a callback to the Richard Curtis chat from MMM

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Captain Z on March 15, 2019, 11:21:16 PM

It was a cut to Alan who didn't realise he was live and was discussing creative accounting on expense claims. Claiming £430 for a first class train fare then getting a lift with a mate for £30. A new pair of shoes for the mate and £400 for Alan.

Captain Z

Any idea what sort of time that was?

trabuch

I'm quite excited. I haven't watched adverts for ages. And now there are loads on telly. And on the BBC too. I feels so naughty. I'm not buying it.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Captain Z on March 15, 2019, 11:34:23 PM
Any idea what sort of time that was?

Just before ten o' clock

DrGreggles