Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comic Relief 2019

Started by Ballad of Ballard Berkley, March 15, 2019, 07:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itRcrm8tlEk

The whole thing.

Worth it for the "a dog choked to death on some condoms. I think he thought they were bacon rashers"

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on March 15, 2019, 11:51:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itRcrm8tlEk

The whole thing.

Worth it for the "a dog choked to death on some condoms. I think he thought they were bacon rashers"

spoilers!

Phil_A

Ha, Alan trying to pull rank on the scoutmaster. A great bit of MicroPartridge

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What was the "Four Weddings" thing like? Was it a right load of old shit?

GMTV

That was brilliant! Don't think I've had as many laughs at such a short segment in a long time.

jobotic

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on March 16, 2019, 05:56:07 AM
What was the "Four Weddings" thing like? Was it a right load of old shit?

Now I hardly think that's very likely, do you?

neveragain

Barring that wonderful bit of Alan, last night'show was surely the worst Comic Relief I've ever fast-forwarded through. The amount of comedy itself is staggering (hardly any) and what they did have was bloody awful. The Mamma Mia sketch - good God, they've done versions of that for the past 3 years! It takes some skill to be that far from funny. Four Weddings was watchable but not terribly amusing. Bodyguard skit duller than dull. The rest was "entertainment" - X-Factor-level presenters screeching and showboating.

Replies From View

Quote from: neveragain on March 16, 2019, 11:38:56 AM
they've done versions of that for the past 3 years!

They only do Comic Relief every two years I think.

DrGreggles

Quote from: neveragain on March 16, 2019, 11:38:56 AM
Four Weddings was watchable but not terribly amusing.

Better than the original then!

BlodwynPig

Glebe

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 16, 2019, 12:58:57 PM
Beige Nose Day

Absence-of-Any-Colours Nose Day

No, not black or white.  An actual absence of any colours whatsoever, please.

Any colour you are now thinking of?  Not that.

Boring, isn't it.  Such a boring Nose Day.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Glebe on March 16, 2019, 01:01:35 PM
That was actually pretty funny.

Apart from Toad and his gang in the studio trying to act their way into the Partridge world

H-O-W-L

The constant THOOM THOOM THOOM of his clown shoes was a treat.

neveragain

Quote from: Replies From View on March 16, 2019, 11:40:11 AM
They only do Comic Relief every two years I think.

Ah well, last three Comic Reliefs then. I'm sure after the first Mia skit they brought it back rather pointlessly (or at least repeated the first one)... I've seen it too many times anyway, one way or other.

petril

Quote from: Replies From View on March 16, 2019, 01:07:36 PM
Absence-of-Any-Colours Nose Day

No, not black or white.  An actual absence of any colours whatsoever, please.

Any colour you are now thinking of?  Not that.

Boring, isn't it.  Such a boring Nose Day.

colourless transparent is pretty sexy tbf

shiftwork2

Minimum donation of £10, with a strong suggestion that you should really double or triple it?  That's somewhat pushy to me, however I haven't seen this fucking tripe for decades so maybe it's always been like that.  A tenner is not affordable to a lot of people.

Anyway thanks Coogan et al for at least pulling this out, excellent.

Twed

"This whole gender thing has been going on for two years"

PeasOnSticks

Very good Partridge in this Comic Relief bit. Great to have so much new material to enjoy (with caveats).

Rev+

What the fuck was that Bodyguard bit about?  That's one of the most confusing things I've ever seen.

Bazooka

Not watched the rest of it, but Partridge was excellent, needed a good laugh at the moment and Coogan delivered. Sidekick Simon calling him a prick was so well delivered.

TheMonk

Christ what a pile of unfunny, pointless, patronising bullshit that Four Weddings And A Funeral thing was. Was that written by Richard Curtis?

DrGreggles

Quote from: TheMonk on March 17, 2019, 11:44:29 AM
Christ what a pile of unfunny, pointless, patronising bullshit that Four Weddings And A Funeral thing was. Was that written by Richard Curtis?

Yes, it was a very popular 1994 film.

Rizla

Apart from AP, the funniest thing all night was the blond lad with the big teeth doing a spot-on impression of a talentless, all-at-sea broadcaster struggling to cope with the simplest of autocue reads - the glare off his big glasses after he "lost" a contact was a nice touch.

Mango Chimes

There wasn't really any event, was there? I suppose it was the Four Weddings thing, essentially a drama sketch based on a 25 year old film. The 9000th French & Saunders movie spoof, now without Dawn French. Johnny Vegas doing a dance? There must be a huge chasm in the audience for Comic Relief, now – the kids doing stuff at school, and the old people who want to see Jennifer Saunders labour the same joke five times.

TheMonk

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 17, 2019, 11:50:37 AM
Yes, it was a very popular 1994 film.
Oh ho, no no no, I was referring to the sketch from Comic Relief 2019, as per the title of this thread!

BlodwynPig

A pleasant few hours relief from comedy.

Howj Begg

Quote from: Mango Chimes on March 17, 2019, 12:18:16 PM
There wasn't really any event, was there? I suppose it was the Four Weddings thing, essentially a drama sketch based on a 25 year old film. The 9000th French & Saunders movie spoof, now without Dawn French. Johnny Vegas doing a dance? There must be a huge chasm in the audience for Comic Relief, now – the kids doing stuff at school, and the old people who want to see Jennifer Saunders labour the same joke five times.

"Back to Stench and Fraunders"