Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:59:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nostdradamus

Started by thecuriousorange, March 16, 2019, 04:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm really not one for conspiracy theories, but did you know that Nostdredamus once wrote "In the New City of York the Twin Brothers will fall"? Freaky. His otherworldly abilities also seemingly granted him foresight enough to predict Hurricane Katrina, Storm Gareth and Leicester City's unexpected 2016 season, along with World Wars One and Two. I'm no expert, but do you know what else he saw coming, before writing down in a cryptic manner?

Captain Z

"The man who takes after the ant will cause the collapse of the deck"

rasta-spouse

He foresaw the popularity of egg paired with cress, which the Gibbons brothers recently gave a respectful nod to.

jobotic

In the year 1998 a man who hath imbibed plenty of ale shall befoul his breeches within an hostelry on Olde Watling Street, whilst on the fruiter.

Amazing thing is that I didn't read about that until 2003, a full five years after I shat myself in the Hop and Vine.

rasta-spouse

There's also a passage where he describes the Gangnam-Style down to the T. Quite a lot of detail on the horse riding bit with the hands.

I've been wondering about this one.

"The self-plucked rose will wilt, without supplies nor gold, while its former flower-bed-fellows point and laugh o'er the Channel. It's dying petals scream til they be blue in the pas port."

"The Jackal-Son, who pranceth for the Worlde, and is Loved, shall lie with Childe, and it shall be known to all yet ignored and made merrie offe, until suche a Tyme when none shall sleep and the Jackal-Son's arrangements of musick and promenade shalle be strycken from Hystory and his name become a Curse, although he will be Grave bye then"

rasta-spouse

"And thee season lettered g shalt bee strawng, ev'en tho the one they know as Davide has left, but the very ende shalt be t'errible"

Seinfeld season nine, right lads?