Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taking water everywhere

Started by kalowski, March 16, 2019, 05:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

Quote from: weaseldust on March 16, 2019, 07:09:16 PM
but you're supposed to have eight glasses of water a day and if you divide it up over a 16 hour day of awake time, that's one every two hours.
QuoteOne article from 2002 examined the scientific evidence behind the 8x8 rule (1).

It reviewed dozens of studies, surveys and articles, finding absolutely no scientific evidence suggesting that you need to drink eight 8-oz glasses of water per day for adequate water intake.
Article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12376390

Sebastian Cobb

The 8 glasses thing is bunk
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/water-works-2/

As I've gone past 30 hydration has been a major thing on benders though. I know I'm dehydrated, I can feel it in my skin, but I'm not taking the water in, my piss is clear, it's just going in and out like one of them dolls. Can you use dioralite to fix dehydration hangovers?

ToneLa

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 16, 2019, 07:13:49 PM
The 8 glasses thing is bunk
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/water-works-2/

As I've gone past 30 hydration has been a major thing on benders though. I know I'm dehydrated, I can feel it in my skin, but I'm not taking the water in, my piss is clear, it's just going in and out like one of them dolls. Can you use dioralite to fix dehydration hangovers?

Not only can you use it but it's recommended!

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/healthy-living/wellbeing/a27241/a-pharmacists-guide-to-hangover/

idunnosomename

I usually just take a four-pack of tinnies into a meeting. Offer them round, like

I guess that's why I'm unemployed!!

weaseldust

i know you obviously don't 'need' it for 'adequate water intake', i just consider it a guideline

Sebastian Cobb

I've not felt this in charge of my self-destruction since I realised I could bang melatonin on a Sunday night and  reset the fact I'd not got out me pit until the afternoon. YES I.

Dex Sawash

kalowski

Quote from: weaseldust on March 16, 2019, 07:20:53 PM
i know you obviously don't 'need' it for 'adequate water intake', i just consider it a guideline
Why are you "supposed to drink 8 glasses a day" then?

weaseldust

my point is it's not that weird to have a drink every two hours if people have around eight glasses a day

kalowski

Quote from: weaseldust on March 16, 2019, 07:39:32 PM
my point is it's not that weird to have a drink every two hours if people have around eight glasses a day
No, that's not weird. What's weird is taking a flask of water with you everywhere you go.

kalowski

Quote from: weaseldust on March 16, 2019, 07:43:36 PM
no you're the weird one
Says you with your flask of water like Alan's big plate.

shh

It's probably connected to a diet of some kind. I remember in sixth-form every girl having a water bottle on the desk. Obviously the feminists have had their way and now men are obsessed too.

Rizla

I was told there is water in tea, coffee, beer, fizz - even vodka and most foods will have some water. So unless you're thirsty and want some water, you don't need to drink water at all. I used to know a guy who sat in his office all day with a big WW2 jerrycan full of the stuff, and he was a bellend.

Cloud

<tag>Stop Doing What I Don't Do</tag>

poo

Aye water cunts are always tedious as fuck

Norton Canes

I tell you what, reading this thread has made me really thirsty!

a duncandisorderly

university challenge. the tic they all have, in addition to not being able to sit still in the swivel chairs (why do they have swivel chairs? is it so they'll swivel like kids & remind us how young they all are, & thus throw into stark relief their prodigious knowledge?), is taking a swig of dusty warm BBC wet watter after successfully answering a question, especially a starter.
one day that high-fiving twat is going to smack a tumbler out of a colleague's hand & then we'll have a laugh.

denied!

plastic bottles are evil. metal bottles go bad after a while. glass bottles are a bit of a hazard when travelling. what to do?

bgmnts

Why don't we just repurpose those silly beer hats as water hats? Get around six tins and fill em with water, done.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on March 16, 2019, 09:49:33 PM
plastic bottles are evil. metal bottles go bad after a while. glass bottles are a bit of a hazard when travelling. what to do?
One of those leather bottles, like they had in the olden times. Or a pig bladder.

kalowski

Quote from: Cloud on March 16, 2019, 09:11:25 PM
<tag>Stop Doing What I Don't Do</tag>
It's how I live my life.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Don't do what Donny Don't does.

Bazooka

The more you drink, the thirstier you get, water is no different to good heroin to the human brain. Since  I was a child I have been constantly thirsty (no diabetes thank god) drinking from the hosepipe for minutes as my parents watered the garden.

I can't eat a meal without some fluid of any kind dripping down my chin, yet I've witnessed other humans consume dishes without a morsel of moisture, and seen sparks flying from their mouths as dry food combusts against their flint like tongue and gums.

Paid ¥44/£4 for 12 1.5ltr bottles to be delivered yesterday, the delivery man said my Mandarin was excellent and gave me his personal card, I said "fuck off mate, ever heard of Severn Trent?" He crawled away.

Replies From View

Quote from: kalowski on March 16, 2019, 05:54:56 PM
For the last five years at least, maybe even ten, there's been a strange habit that thousands of people seem to have. Taking a water bottle around with them. Not to the gym or some other physical activity, but everywhere. People come into meetings with a water bottle. There's a weird (and false) belief that we must be constantly hydrated, that it's bad for our brain or something. Flush out or dilute the toxins. I don't even have a bottle with me on a short 3-5 mile run. I certainly don't need one to get through work. If I need a drink I can usually wait, or find some sort of tap that connects me to the water system.
Even worse: a little slice of lemon in the bottle.

People who don't drink enough water often end up pissing out kidney stones in considerable discomfort.

Not sure why that's supposed to be so brilliant but then I've never understood what 'real man' means.

Janie Jones

Smack the Pony water bottle sketch
https://youtu.be/t4TFcnuuyNs

I have a poncy gold designer water bottle that one of my offspring acquired in a goody-bag at  a posh event they were covering and I tote that fucker everywhere and swig ostentatiously from it all the time because I am a massive cunt. I never take water on a run of less than 10k though, and I have read many old professional cyclists' biographies in which going without water was seen as a laudable sign of endurance to aspire to, so I'm on the fence with regard to whether it actually helps you, to keep quaffing water.

Unless you're drinking alcohol. I have banged on about this before but it bears repeating, please get in the habit of drinking water when you're drinking alcohol.

Quote from: kalowski on March 16, 2019, 07:42:02 PM
What's weird is taking a flask of water with you everywhere you go.

Yeah, ha ha, "water" dickhead!

poodlefaker

Your eight-glasses-a-day warrior must piss like a racehorse. If I necked a pint of water before  leaving the house in the morning I'd have an accident on the tube. My bladder's like a basketball by the time I get into work in the morning as  it is, and that's with just a cup of coffee inside me.

KennyMonster

In the film Naked Gun 2 1/2 Frank Drebbin fights a henchman in one scene and eventually defeats him by forcing a fire hose in his mouth and turning it on so the bad guy fills up with water until he bursts.

Mrs Monster (who was watching it with me at the time) then says "that's what happened to Leah Betts".