Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:38:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taking water everywhere

Started by kalowski, March 16, 2019, 05:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

Even though it was nearly 2 years ago now, my Mum and other family members still bang on about how horrified they were that, at my Aunt's very solemn, old-school Catholic funeral, my cousin's step-daughter, who was sitting on the front row, kept swigging water from a plastic bottle throughout the ceremony. She wasn't ill or pregnant or anything either, it's just obviously what she does but it did look pretty bad. I dunno, maybe it wasn't water at all and she's a raging dipso, although it's far more likely she's just pig ignorant.

Endicott

That could have been me. I get a dry throat at public events, especially when I'm supposed to be quiet, and then I have a coughing fit. Used to happen regularly at school assemblies. I don't go anywhere without water just in case.

ToneLa

You don't have to look much further than the tragic example of Leah Betts to appreciate the all-too-real dangers of banging back too much Nestle's Pure Life

Endicott

On the other hand, if someone was going to use my constant water swigging to determine that I'm a cunt, it would probably save them some time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: KennyMonster on March 17, 2019, 10:13:46 AM
In the film Naked Gun 2 1/2 Frank Drebbin fights a henchman in one scene and eventually defeats him by forcing a fire hose in his mouth and turning it on so the bad guy fills up with water until he bursts.

Mrs Monster (who was watching it with me at the time) then says "that's what happened to Leah Betts".

This is why she is called Mrs Monster and why small children scream at her in parks.

Cloud

Quote from: Bazooka on March 17, 2019, 01:47:17 AMI can't eat a meal without some fluid of any kind dripping down my chin

I bet you can't, you dirty old bollocks

flotemysost

I'm a clumsy tit and I used to keep a pint glass of water on my desk at work, but that inevitably ended up getting sent cascading over my keyboard every couple of months, so now I've got a cheap knockoff version of those poncey stainless steel bottles. Not trying to be all holier-than-thou, I just genuinely feel thirsty a lot of the time (I'm not diabetic, apparently - I did wonder if I was) and can't imagine not having any to hand.

Also, if I need to defend myself walking home at night it can double up as a mini baseball bat. #lifehack

Icehaven

Quote from: Endicott on March 17, 2019, 11:30:16 AM
On the other hand, if someone was going to use my constant water swigging to determine that I'm a cunt, it would probably save them some time.

At a funeral though? I mean it didn't bother me particularly at the time but enough other people afterwards seemed to think it was incredibly inappropriate which made me think maybe it is. And apart from anything else it was one hour, if she really can't go one hour without water she needs to see a doctor.

Endicott

I can only speak for me, and I know it's psychosomatic. At the last funeral I was at in Jan, I forgot all about my water needs and then the bloke next to me started coughing and that basically set me off. Then it's a process of trying to keep one's throat moist through swallowing while trying desperately not to make too much noise. Honestly I'd have thought that being quiet trumps not swigging water in the annoying other people stakes but I'm constantly being surprised at what some people can get riled up about.

NoSleep

I thought somebody had sprung some leaks from the thread title.

I drink tea.

AllisonSays

I have a black stainless steel water bottle that I take to the office and also leave beside my bed at night. It is a strange one, because I know I didn't drink this much water a few years ago, but if I don't do it now I feel lethargic and groggy. I'm totally convinced on an intellectual level by studies saying we get most of the water we need from food and so on, but on a physical level I just feel like it's doing something. If that's the power of suggestion or whatever, as it at least partly must be, it's really done a number on me!

SteveDave

My friend's dad lives in Stoke and whenever he visits my friend (his son) in Cardiff (where he lives now) he always brings 4 1 litre bottles of tap water from Stoke.

He says the water "don't taste the same". 

He also wore a cap at my friend's wedding and had to be coerced into wearing a suit bought from a charity shop 3 hours before the wedding happened.

Mrs Relaxing Poo is one of these carrying water everywhere people and it ever so slightly simmers my urine at times. We were on a flight connection in Dubai airport last month and she insisted on filling up the two metal bottles that are carried everywhere and also on buying two 1 litre bottles of Evian at some kiosk. The cost for these bottles? 5 fucking quid each. So now we have about 4 litres of water between us to carry on to the flight in which free water is amply provided. We make our way to the gate and see there's a queue and what looks like an extra security check, we get to the front of the line and are told that all water containers are to be emptied, even sealed 5 fucking quid bottles of Evian purchased within the confines of their own fucking airport. There was no sink for this so we had to pour it all into a bin like every other fucker who hadn't expected this additional security check. This experience still makes me seethe and has only increased my slight resentment towards obsessive water carrying bastards.

SteveDave

I used to drink about 2 litres of water a day until I was told I was taking too much "Personal Time" in work (as we have to clock in and out whenever we go for a piss). Since the 1st of March I've not taken minute one of "Personal Time" and none of the cunt managers have said a word. I'm considering trying to make poo come out of my mouth to see what their reaction would be.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: SteveDave on March 18, 2019, 11:09:19 AM
I used to drink about 2 litres of water a day until I was told I was taking too much "Personal Time" in work (as we have to clock in and out whenever we go for a piss). Since the 1st of March I've not taken minute one of "Personal Time" and none of the cunt managers have said a word. I'm considering trying to make poo come out of my mouth to see what their reaction would be.

So are you simply not pissing at work or just doing it in the kitchen sink/bins?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I went from about 6pm last night to midday without a drop passing my lips (not counting brushing my teeth). Miraculously, I am still alive.

SteveDave

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 18, 2019, 01:26:53 PM
So are you simply not pissing at work or just doing it in the kitchen sink/bins?

Not eating or drinking throughout the working day to stop myself having to shit or piss. It's an adventure.

thraxx

Taking water everywhere?  What bilge!

Lost Oliver

Quote from: Consignia on March 16, 2019, 06:05:36 PM
I find it mental people take a bottle of water with them while they run. It's so awkward to hold whilst moving. And you have to carry it even once you're finished. Similarly holding a phone rather than put it in a bum bag or something. I mean it's not as if when you're doing a short jog around the park you are go to need to rehydrate.

I don't get how people can carry anything at all around with them while they're running. It's why I store everything in my hood whenever I go for a run because I can't really feel it. Only downside is it means I have to wear a hoody no matter the weather.