Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Has science ever come up with a sentient anus with eyes and teeth?

Started by Replies From View, March 16, 2019, 11:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

If so I'd like to see it, and no I don't think a human being counts as a sentient anus with eyes and teeth, because human beings aren't just a sentient anus with eyes and teeth are they.

While we wait for the above question to be answered, this thread may also be used as a top 100 countdown of your favourite things conquered by science.  Like for example:

100)  Television / space stations (NASA etc)

99)  Microwaves

98)  Cancer:  CURED

97)  Smallpox:  CURED

96)  Penicillin:  INVENTED AND USED TO GREAT EFFECT IN THE ILLNESS WARDS OF MANY HOSPITALS TO THIS DAY

95)  Food:  WE CAN NOW GROW COWS IN FIELDS AND EAT THEM WITH OUR OWN MOUTHS

94)  There is now a way to walk for people with only one leg

93)  Blindness:  CURED

92)  Guide dogs:  SUPERFLUOUS 

91)  Sugar-free toothpastes

90)  Pink Floyd albums now on the internet

Replies From View

89)  Wires for carrying electricity around

88)  Horizontal formations to hold books afloaten, against the force of gravity (bookshelves)

87)  Computers and computer monitors

86)  Computer accessories such as keyboards and mouse

85)  Video cassettes (blank ones)

84)  Camera equipment (including pin-hole cameras from ages ago)

83)  The facility to slice through impenetrable walls

Captain Z

82) 1D printers - the natural evolution of 3D, and latterly 2D printers, giving us the ability to print in just a single line.

BlodwynPig

81) Holograms of Bob Holness sobbing violently, inconsolably and alone in his bungalow

80. Pakora thermometer - this wonderful invention can be used to check the temperature of any pakora or onion bhaji, to the nearest degree Kelvin, a feat thought to be impossible as recently as 23rd November 1992.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Clatty McCutcheon on March 17, 2019, 12:19:38 AM
80. Pakora thermometer - this wonderful invention can be used to check the temperature of any pakora or onion bhaji, to the nearest degree Kelvin, a feat thought to be impossible as recently as 23rd November 1992.

79) Ellipses, brackets, and that sort of thing.

Dex Sawash

Glebe

This has me thinking of a line from Partridge's MMM radio drama... "It's like jelly with eyes!"

rasta-spouse

78) ICI's Spiderweb-shooting cufflink

77) Handheld Rodney Bewes

76) The Chessington Spy suspect device

Gregory Torso

75) Dogs used to be WOOD WOLFS, until SCIENCE CRUSHED them into SMALL - now they wag and run about and if they bite they are DESTROYED.

74) Cats used to be LEOPARDS until the SCIENCE OF MAN turned them into BASTARDS - now they lie around and keep secrets.

73) Tortoises used to be DINOSAURS until SCIENCE TOMBSTONED them into the FUCKING FOSSIL RECORD. Now they frolic and tumble for our AMUSEMENT.

THE SCIENCE!