Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

John Cale - HoboSapiens

Started by Spaced Cadet, February 23, 2004, 10:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaced Cadet

I been living with this album for a week now and it's geting better and better with every listen. It's produced by Cale and Nick Franglen from Lemon Jelly and sounds fresh and comtempory and comes well recommended. Much better than any of Lou Reeds recent efforts.

Anyway there is a hidden track on there. To access it your supposed to press play, then rewind before track 1 to 4:30 to find it. But I'll be buggered if I can find anything. Anyone else found this??

Uncle_Z

Oooh.  Zeddy like Eeesstreggs.

Hobosapiens is getting regular spinnage at my gaff.  I agree with the Lou Reed minibash too (They are different artists by the way.  Its okay to mention one without the other :winkysmirk:).  With post-New York Reed I tend to like two or three tracks on an album and rarely endure the rest.  On HoboSapiens I find myself drawn to "Things You Do In Denver" as it's really simple jolly stuff (did it get a single release?) but it feels almost rude to not listen to the whole album.

Reminds me I must go and bully my mate until he returns my tape of the BBC4 session from a couple of months back.