Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:43:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley - Episode Four

Started by TJ, March 04, 2005, 03:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of this episode?

Great
41 (24.3%)
Good
44 (26%)
OK
45 (26.6%)
Poor
27 (16%)
Terrible
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Voting closed: March 11, 2005, 03:31:19 PM

TJ

It's that time again.

In tonight's show: "the news as it happens, if it happens, and the latest on last week's chair".

Oh hang on, that's not right is it...?

Jemble Fred

Can we have an episode-by-episode guide to 29 Minutes of Fame instead? That's had Graeme Garden and Stephen Fry on it. And Sean Lock.

And I love Bob Mortimer's new catchphrase. Something to do with maths.

Bert Thung

Maybe by episode six, we'll be the only people watching it, and it'll be kept solely on air for us to talk about it.

And I wonder what percentage of people watching are middle classed twentysomethings from East London? You know, that select group that can relate to it.

rjd2

Kevin Eldon tonight am I correct?

bean pinger

an awful lot of the talk about this series round here reminds me of someone...

[/img]

Jemble Fred

My god, why are Angelfire still going? And Tripod? Fucking useless, the both of them.

Jon_Norton

I expect tonight's episode will be like "Your Arsenal", though it could turn out a bit "Southpaw Grammar". I've got my comments drafted and queued up for either eventuality.

Bert Thung

I think, in a way, we're all "image hosted by angelfire"

rjd2

The one vote that it has got was terrible...jumping the gun me suspects?

SurferGhost

Yeah, I thought every episode thread should have had a poll, then people who can't be bothered to back up their arguments properly or just want to engage in circular snipes at THE NAZI SADDOES WHO ARE the BARLIES WHO JUST DON'T GET IT needn't bother posting. Which would have meant each NB thread would be about twenty pages shorter, and therefore three hundred times more enlightening and/or entertaining.
I would however like to have heard more from the bloke who thinks TV is BAD and WE'RE ALL GOING TO HELL, he was very entertaining. There's a spare seat for him in GD, no bother.

I'll not be bothering with NB tonight mind, I've got episodes of CYE to catch up on.

EDIT: Hoy, there's no "Flange!" or ">Wibble<" in those poll options...

Hoogstraten'sSmilingUlcer

I predict this to be the best episode. It seems to have a funnier, more interesting plot line than 'Nathan raps while trying to shag Claire' or 'Dan reviews pretentious artist who loves piss.'  But cynically, I suspect it will be dreadful par usual.

markpaterson

Quote from: "Jon_Norton"I expect tonight's episode will be like "Your Arsenal", though it could turn out a bit "Southpaw Grammar". I've got my comments drafted and queued up for either eventuality.

I'm praying for "The Queen Is Dead"

Bonely Child

Quote from: "markpaterson"I'm praying for "The Queen Is Dead"

That's a bit harsh, I don't think you can blame the queen for NB.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "bean pinger"(picture)
Nah, he doesn't post here any more.

Sorry...

Rats

I kind of miss him. This place is full of cunts anyway, and I'm including myself in that fellow cunts, what's one more.

Timmay

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"My god, why are Angelfire still going? And Tripod? Fucking useless, the both of them.

Do you know, I did that about a year ago, and that's the first chance I've had to use it.

Neil

You all saw him, he did a fucking Brent dance.

Timmay

Haha - that cat scissor bit made me belly chortle.

Mentadent P

imitationleather

Argh, the continuity errors! If there's more than one camera pointing at a person and it cuts between them they're always standing in completely different positions, sometimes even mid-sentence.

That Kevin Eldon bit didn't feel like it was part of the same programme. Still wasn't funny though.

Qunt

that cat scissor bit stood out for me, laughed out loud, there should be more of that kind of stuff in this mediocre series...it is growing on me though

Mattdy

Quote from: "Timmay"Haha - that cat scissor bit made me belly chortle.
Ditto.

Took long enough to get my first half decent laugh of the series though.

alan strang

That was 'Breathe In The Air' by Pink Floyd wasn't it?

Mentadent P

That bit where Nathan's told the haircut style was a mix up made me laugh.

Goldentony

utter shit until the bank scene and nathan getting his arse handed to him by dan.

fanny splendid

Yes.

Similar Julian Opie portraits on the hair design tablet, as on the Friday Night Project.

imitationleather

I quite enjoyed the scene in the shop. Oh no!

no_offenc

that fucking music sounds like so many horrendous fucking "we've got a drum machine and not even a quarter-ounce of talent" bands I've seen playing in fucking Liverpool, never mind London.

Yuck.

imitationleather

It was a Selfish Cunt parody, wasn't it? It sounded exactly like Britain is Shit by them.

I laughed out loud (as opposed to internally) at the cat-meets-clippers scene.

The "Terrorists Are Gay" song sounded like a straight pisstake of the band 'Selfish Cunt'.

edit: Gah. My comments are redundant as per above...