Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:15:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley - Episode Four

Started by TJ, March 04, 2005, 03:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of this episode?

Great
41 (24.3%)
Good
44 (26%)
OK
45 (26.6%)
Poor
27 (16%)
Terrible
12 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Voting closed: March 11, 2005, 03:31:19 PM

The Mumbler

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"
Quote from: "hansen mork"ep6 trailer is now up

Ooh, I wonder if Show 6 only features the two of them. Stuck in an iPod for the night or something.

Recalling past highlights from the series...

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

And turning to the camera at the end to toast the *real* media.

The Mumbler

Maybe a surprise cameo from Boyd Hilton.  Playing "Mark Lawson".

Jon_Norton

Perhaps we'll get to hear Mark reading out that listings item he wrote in 1986 in which he slagged off Spike Milligan. Or the one where he said the first episode of "Blackadder II" was ruined by Rik Mayall.

Jon_Norton

I just mentioned that to add the vital contextual detail that Mark Lawson has a fantastic track record for being utterly, utterly WRONG.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "The Mumbler"

Actually, the ludicrousness of that would be great. 'Remember that time, Dan, about two weeks ago...'

Maybe they'll pull out to reveal the whole of Shoreditch covered in red poppies?

In all seriousness, can anyone foresee a complete change of gear for Show 6? Or do you think it'll be more of the same but with a vague 'aaaah' conclusion? What do you NB-likers out there want to see?

Godzilla Bankrolls

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"What do you NB-likers out there want to see?

Jonotton Yeah? of course!

mikeyg27

Actually, the ludicrousness of that would be great. 'Remember that time, Dan, about two weeks ago...'

Don't they actually do that in a very early episode of Clerks: The Animated Series? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Godzilla Bankrolls

And in Saturday Night Fry. It'd still be a rare moment of amusement for NB.

Jon_Norton

I'd love it if Nathan and Claire and the other one were drifting through yet another dead-on-arrival scene, when suddenly Chris Morrises himself walks on, tells them all to "fuck off, you useless fucks", and then proceeds to explain that he's gone through this entire exercise of spending 3 years and blowing a bag of money, for no other reason than to annoy a few people on "Bombed & Cooked". And then he blows his head off with a shotgun. The 3 actors stagger about in shock for a few seconds, bend over to look at the decapitated corpse.... and then burst out laughing, to reveal that the "blood" blasted everywhere is in fact some red paint, mixed with lots of Comic Relief Red Noses. Then all the rest of the cast and production crew walk on set wearing red noses, and say "Enjoy Comic Relief Day!"

If that actually happened, it would be 23% better than all of Python.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"
Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"What do you NB-likers out there want to see?

Jonotton Yeah? of course!

Haha! Seconded.

Jon_Norton

It's vital to my conception that this is shown for episode 6 - ie. a week after Comic Relief. Thus making it look like a gigantic scheduling fuckup by Channel4, who plainly didn't bother to watch the series before running it.

Neil

Spambot do you want to do an episode five thread in a few hours please?  EDIT:  Never mind, it's been done.

jutl

The generally pretty shit Clerks cartoon series managed that well: the second episode was a clips show.

The Mumbler

Maybe they'll do ep 6 live from Morris's house, like TFI did at Chris Evans's.

Actually, I think they should do a Special Funny Episode.

alan strang

Quote from: "Jon_Norton"the "blood" blasted everywhere is in fact some red paint, mixed with lots of Comic Relief Red Noses. Then all the rest of the cast and production crew walk on set wearing red noses, and say "Enjoy Comic Relief Day!"

Jon Norton's love for non-existant Chris Morris-related Comic Relief inserts knows no bounds.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

I still want to see the cover of the DVD:

Includes Jonatton Yeah?, the cunnilingus rapping scene, and the bit with the cat - Barrel Scrapers' Gazette

Jon_Norton

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"I still want to see the cover of the DVD:

Includes Jonatton Yeah?, the cunnilingus rapping scene, and the bit with the cat - Barrel Scrapers' Gazette

I see that the bit about Freddie Starr has already faded in the viewers memories.

The Mumbler

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"I still want to see the cover of the DVD:

Not to mention:
"I get it!" - That bloke off Casualty wot writes plays
"Wasn't he the lead singer of Brother Beyond?" - Derrin Schlesinger, Smash Hits
"Wait three months for it to be 70% off on amazon.com" - "Everyone" else