Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,472
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Blue Drink Walk - An amble with Farage

Started by Jittlebags, March 17, 2019, 09:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jittlebags

Just a more focused Brexit thread following your favourite right wing chum being driven to various photo opportunities on the route.

Jittlebags

Oops. They didn't realise that the Middlesbrough Transporter Bridge is closed on Sundays and had to take a 5 mile detour. Surprised they didn't just march straight into the Tees.

bgmnts

Quote from: Jittlebags on March 18, 2019, 03:02:09 PM
Oops. They didn't realise that the Middlesbrough Transporter Bridge is closed on Sundays and had to take a 5 mile detour. Surprised they didn't just march straight into the Tees.

This made me smile.

Fambo Number Mive

Why has there been a Brexit Party created when UKIP exists? I don't mind the anti-EU vote being split further (although it could benefit the Tories) but I just don't see why the decision was made.

Buelligan

Because there's only room for one smarmy lying gobshite at the front and UKIP's got Stephen Yaxley-Lennon now.

Twed

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 18, 2019, 03:18:33 PM
Why has there been a Brexit Party created when UKIP exists? I don't mind the anti-EU vote being split further (although it could benefit the Tories) but I just don't see why the decision was made.
Men wanting to be in charge of their own thing.

Jittlebags

There's certainly a bit more than a whiff of Messiah Complex about Farage.

Cuellar

Did you really have to PAY £50 for the honour of tramping through drizzle while looking at Farage on a bus?

Fambo Number Mive

So are they walking the whole thing in stages or are they doing some bits by train/bus?

Blumf

I hadn't been paying attention; there's a Brexit Party now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit_Party
QuoteIt was registered with the United Kingdom Electoral Commission on 5 February 2019

Wow, they're more organised than the TInGers!

Buelligan

Quote from: Cuellar on March 18, 2019, 03:33:21 PM
Did you really have to PAY £50 for the honour of tramping through drizzle while looking at Farage on a bus?

Wait til you see what they've written on that bus though.

jobotic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 18, 2019, 03:18:33 PM

Down to Batten's love affair with proper fascists. Ukip have gone all 14 words whereas The Brexit Party is more about keeping Nige in the style he's accustomed to. He'll be back if he reckons hard racism pays hard cash.

Jittlebags

They seem to have 130 miles worth of gaps in their itinerary: Looks like they are skipping to a new settlement to commence next day on about 70% of the days.

Kalabi

Kryton

This made me chuckle from the Guardian.

QuoteHeading up the march was Nigel Farage, described by an acolyte as a great statesman and fantastic leader. Farage is a man who has seven times failed to be elected to parliament and resigned and then unresigned as leader of a political party numerous times. So you might say that Farage is a great statesman and a fantastic leader in the same way former footballer Richard Dunne, who holds the record for the most own goals ever scored in the Premier League, was a great marksman and a fantastic finisher.

I hope it fucking pisses down everywhere he goes before culminating with Farage being struck by lightning and falling off a bridge.

SteveDave

I hope the handbrake's left off the bus and it goes over him but then drags him and the rest of the absolute shower of shitbags off the white cliffs of Dover as Vera Lynn and Lethal Bizzle freestyle.

Vera Lynn and Lethal Bizzle being in a helicopter hovering above the cliffs.

Fambo Number Mive

Where are they staying at night? I presume they are responsible for booking their own accommodation or is there one massive tent at each stop.

The idea of walking from Sunderland to London seems quite fun. Just a shame it's for a cause I strongly disagree with.

Cuellar

Judging by the photos I don't think the volume of marchers will be causing any local B&Bs any headaches.

petril

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 18, 2019, 04:38:41 PM
Where are they staying at night? I presume they are responsible for booking their own accommodation or is there one massive tent at each stop.

The idea of walking from Sunderland to London seems quite fun. Just a shame it's for a cause I strongly disagree with.

Traveller style camp, pitching up and irritating the locals by merely being present

Jittlebags

Be funny if by the time they get to London they'll have morphed into lefty, yogurt weaving crusties.

Norton Canes

Jittlebags

One of them's gonna get taken down by a flying hubcap ninja death star if they're doing it on verges like that. I wouldn't be keen on marching on verges.

bgmnts

Quote from: Norton Canes on March 19, 2019, 03:02:19 PM

"GOLDFINGER!!"

Be funny if one of them had just nipped out to get some windscreen washer fluid and got caught up in the march.

Jittlebags

They could spice it up a bit by doing a bit of a conga every half an hour or so, or maybe a cheeky circle jerk.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Jittlebags on March 19, 2019, 03:33:19 PM
One of them's gonna get taken down by a flying hubcap ninja death star if they're doing it on verges like that. I wouldn't be keen on marching on verges

Let's hope they're on the verge of defeat eh?

Phil_A

Is that the entirety of the marchers? There must be 30 people there if that.

Somehow I think this wasn't the dramatic Storming Of The Capital that Farage pictured in his head. I think someone could get a decent "expectations/reality" meme out of this.

Cuellar