Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bath or shower?

Started by Emma Raducanu, March 18, 2019, 10:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma Raducanu

Do you prefer a bath or shower?

Because I work long hours in a physical job, there's nothing I like more than to come home, open a beer, pour a bath and lay back, have a wank and a nice long soak. Sometimes I even add bubbles, which slightly contributes to a greater sense of luxury and increases the relaxing effect.

Almost no one I know likes a bath. They're all shower people - in - out - shake it all about. For me, a shower is a wasted opportunity to spend some time away from the world - a place for deep thought, lager and warm water. I think it may correlate with people who do office type work and who finish the day with as much physical engergy as when it started. When you're nackered - you need a lay down.

I hike a lot also - sometimes for more than 12 hours and when I finish, there's nothing I like more than sitting in a pub, eating a suet pudding after having a long bath.

I did once live in a house where there was only a shower and sometimes I'd spend about 45 minutes standing there, letting the water pour over me. Loved it, but didn't compare to a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaathhhhhhhh.

bgmnts

Baths are just crap thougb, lying there in your own effluvial grime, playing with a rubber duck or something. There is something about the cramped conditions of the tub combining with the constant, gentle movement of the watee every time you budge an inch, which puts me on edge.

Showers for me butt. If you want to relax after a long hike, quickly shower the dirt off you and get under the blankie wkth a cuppa. Mmm.

Avril Lavigne

I have a bath for the relaxation element while listening to podcasts, then afterwards have a shower to get properly clean.

Sebastian Cobb

I haven't had a bath in years.

I lived in a right grubby houseshare for ages with a manky bathroom that would've been unpleasant to attempt to relax in. Even when I moved to a flat with a brand new lovely bathroom I kept considering having a bath but I never really got round to it (prepaid gas probably didn't help). Now I'm in a place with an en-suite so I never use the bathroom with the bath, just another thing I'd have to clean.

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on March 18, 2019, 10:27:06 AM
Baths are just crap thougb, lying there in your own effluvial grime,

I used to think this until I discovered tap water.  Literally "water from a tap that is not part of your own bodily form" - and a revelation!

Cuellar

Love bath, like being back in womb. Confined, warm, damp.

Stayed in student accommodation once that, whilst having been built in the 90s, only had baths in the en suites. Disgusting.

shiftwork2

Never try getting rid of the bodies in a shower.  Got to be a bath.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The city of Bath or a shower of bastards?

A bath can be an excellent way to relax, but it has to be hot enough. Few things are as disappointing as a tepid bath.

Emma Raducanu

Yeh, the trick to a properly hot and satisfying bath is to get in while the tub is still filling. It allows you to acclimatise to the temperature without getting a shock and having to slowly lower yourself into steaming water.

And I'd agree that a bath would be shit if it was small and therefore cramped but my bath is massive and big enough to lie down thoroughly and I'm 5'11+1/4. I once watched my partner try having a bath for the first time in her life. She'd grown up on a diet of showers and literally didn't know how to have a bath - she didn't know how to sit or how much water to put in. It was like a new universe to her and not something she's repeated.

Chollis

Who has time for a bath these days? Haven't had one since I was a kid. Grow up.

Wet Blanket

Baths are great. I'm with the OP in a beer making the ideal bath-time accompaniment. Has to be hot as a bastard too. Heart-attack hot.

PlanktonSideburns

All this griping about sitting in your own waste, like theirs no shit up your arse.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cuellar on March 18, 2019, 11:02:02 AM
Love bath, like being back in womb. Confined, warm, damp.

Plus the chain of the bath plug is uncannily like an umbilical cord.

In all respects.

Replies From View

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on March 18, 2019, 12:09:26 PM
All this griping about sitting in your own waste, like theirs no shit up your arse.

If you have shit up your arse you should go to the toilet mate.

Shit Good Nose

I like to do all of my ablutions as quickly as possible (including dumps - I've never understood people who like to sit there for half an hour or more reading a book whilst shitting), so a shower for me, especially as I regularly go to the gym and occasionally cycle, so I wash once or twice a day.

I think I've had three, possibly four baths in the last decade and all of those were just to help with some sort of back or muscle pain.

Replies From View

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on March 18, 2019, 12:25:03 PM
people who like to sit there for half an hour or more reading a book whilst shitting),

They don't understand that you can wipe the shit off rather than leave it all to gravity.

Thanks to my work all being done on my PC, I often get asked to house/pet sit for family and friends when they naff off on holiday, often for weeks at a time. Being able to take long baths (and not worry about running up my own heating and water bills) is one of the few perks amidst all the boredom and loneliness it otherwise entails.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: DolphinFace on March 18, 2019, 11:56:34 AM
I once watched my partner try having a bath for the first time in her life.

dirty old bollocks claxon

Dex Sawash

Between ages of about 9 and 30 I had only showered. Was shocked to learn that 6 foot tall fat men don't really fit in a bathtub.

Replies From View

Quote from: Dex Sawash on March 18, 2019, 01:53:25 PM
Between ages of about 9 and 30 I had only showered. Was shocked to learn that 6 foot tall fat men don't really fit in a bathtub.

They do.

You're thinking of kitchen sinks.

SteveDave

I've not bathed since Saturday morning due to a fucked boiler and incompetent council workers so this thread has triggered me and I'd like it to be struck from the record.

I fucking stink.

I think I'm going to have to buy a towel from Asda and use the showers that are in my place of work. I can only imagine the horror that must've happened in there. 

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: SteveDave on March 19, 2019, 11:00:52 AM
I've not bathed since Saturday morning due to a fucked boiler and incompetent council workers so this thread has triggered me and I'd like it to be struck from the record.

I fucking stink.

I think I'm going to have to buy a towel from Asda and use the showers that are in my place of work. I can only imagine the horror that must've happened in there.

Do you not already have a towel?

SteveDave

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 19, 2019, 11:09:16 AM
Do you not already have a towel?

I came to work sans towel. My plan to use the showers here has only formed in the last few hours and I'm thinking on my stinking feet.

mrpupkin

How can you relax with the toilet sitting there looking at you

SteveDave

NEWS FLASH GUYS! The council have fixed things. No need to buy a towel and use the semen spattered showers of my workplace. I get to use the semen spattered shower in my home.

Could you not have heated some water in the kettle and taken a spongebath?

Your colleague might have complained, but at least you'd have got rid of the smell.

SteveDave

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on March 19, 2019, 01:42:37 PM
Could you not have heated some water in the kettle and taken a spongebath?

Your colleague might have complained, but at least you'd have got rid of the smell.

My wife did this on the weekend and it took ages. Fuck that. I'll just stink and use wet wipes on the main areas.

Lord Mandrake

A scalding hot bath with matey bubbles and a Sunday roast.