Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:11:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bad food you miss

Started by madhair60, March 18, 2019, 01:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: thenoise on March 18, 2019, 05:39:27 PM
That looks truly dreadful, although the ones I am thinking of were semi-homemade - think frozen veg mix, sultanas and chip shop curry sauce.  Come to think of it, maybe that's how they were made?

My Nan wouldn't dream of making curry without the all-important sultanas in, my Mum on the other hand was fond of adding sliced banana to her curry.  SToP GETTING CURRY WRoNG!

Banana can work, the Indian takeaway my parents go to serve their Persian chicken Biryani with a butterflied banana on the top and it is pretty nice.

buttgammon

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 18, 2019, 03:43:07 PM
I had one of them recently, the chippy/kebab shops had shut but tescos havent. Just tasted of tomato puree really.

I also bought 'fries to go' which are like microchips but every chip is wrapped in some metal stuff that gets hot. They were better than I anticipated.

Oh yes! They used to do these bastards at a (now defunct) skatepark I frequented as a pre-teen, and I fucking loved them.

Mr Banlon

Mumbo Gumbo bars : A sort of tropical fruit version of Wham Bars.
Super Mousse bars : Cadbury's version of Milky Way, but the same shape as Fry's Turkish Delight.
Hubba Bubba soda.
Egg Creams

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 18, 2019, 03:43:07 PM

Chip silo.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 18, 2019, 05:38:28 PM
What's your stance on Cheese Moments? One has to draw the line somewhere.

As I've said many many times on this forum, I like Cheese Moments.  Granted, they're no Scampi Fries, but I'll still happily eat them.

bgmnts

Just the sight of turkish delight as a kid would make me wretch because - to use the cab terminology - it's aids-tier shit for cunts.

Nowadays I reckon I might like it though.

shiftwork2

In a previous thread someone posted a makeshift recipe for the homemade Seventies curry.  It involved a currently-available supermarket tinned curry sauce (had to be the tin not the packet) and, well, sultanas.  Don't think it was Vesta.

Hemulen

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 18, 2019, 05:38:28 PM
What's your stance on Cheese Moments? One has to draw the line somewhere.

They'll do in a pinch, but anyone choosing them over Scampi Fries is a certifiable loon.

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 18, 2019, 02:17:53 PM
Every so often I have to talk myself out of buying a Fray Bentos.

Bought two for £2 at the weekend. A shocking lack of actual meat, but it's all about the pastry, eh lads?

Clownbaby

Freekee Soda, Just remembered that

Twed

Micro Noodles, such a doddle, such a doddle, Micro Noodles.

Sebastian Cobb

If I lived in England I'd miss those Rustlers ribwich things but as it happens Scottish chippies do a battered version called a 'king rib' that's much better anyway.

Twed

McDonalds do a limited-availability version of that in the US that people go nuts for due to good marketing: https://mcriblocator.com/

Sebastian Cobb

They've done it over here before as well. It's ok, still not as good as a king rib though 'cos it's not battered.

Pingers

Tinned ravioli (on toast). Probably best left in the rosy reverie of childhood, that one.

The ultimate bad boy hangover filth Mian Wo.

Savoury doughnut but without the soft centre  just the crispy exterior, flavoured with salt  spring onions and sesame seeds  Zero nutritional value make you feel like a total nump within minutes of trying to digest it but for the ten seconds it takes to eat it you feel like you're getting everything you could possibly need. Like a rabid power wank over your mate's girlfriend's holiday snaps, you know it's wrong and it's not even so wrong it's right. It's just the only thing to touch the sides of the yawning chasm within your honking, black, claggy bitumen soul.

Gulftastic

Quote from: bgmnts on March 18, 2019, 07:41:51 PM
Pot Noodle. Mmmm.

They used to do ones called 'Posh Noodles'. They were lovely.

Sebastian Cobb

Obligatory mention of the short-lived Pot Mash, now they were fucking vile.

Cuntbeaks

Naked Noodles are the new standard and the large pots are perfect for fat cunts like me. The green Thai curry ones are superb.

Cuntbeaks

Heat up a tin of Heinz Spag Bol in a pot and when sufficiently warmed through wantonly fire a portion of chippy chips right into the pot along with it.

A one pot, hot shot that hits the spot.

Quote from: bgmnts on March 18, 2019, 06:18:26 PM
Just the sight of turkish delight as a kid would make me wretch because - to use the cab terminology - it's aids-tier shit for cunts.

Nowadays I reckon I might like it though.

Nah, it still tastes like someone has dipped a bar of soap in chocolate.

I quite miss some of the shitty stuff we got served in the galley during my Navy days (Navy chef was the hardest course you could do as it seemed that no cunt had ever passed it) cheesy hammy eggy, tank tracks (sort of a Rustler rib thing) and of course bacon with bone bits in it at breakfast. I don't eat meat anymore so I can't even recreate them for nostalgic purposes.

canadagoose

Quote from: Beagle 2 on March 18, 2019, 03:38:52 PM
Serve with 9p Asda white sliced bread
9p?! When was this, 1991?

Quote from: bgmnts on March 18, 2019, 07:41:51 PM
Pot Noodle. Mmmm.

I loathe those fucking things with every fibre of my being. The stench of them permeated every bedsit and student hall the length and breadth of the UK during the 80s and 90s.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on March 18, 2019, 08:05:05 PM
Naked Noodles are the new standard and the large pots are perfect for fat cunts like me. The green Thai curry ones are superb.

Aw no I hate them. Bland and oddly healthy tasting which I don't want from a potted noodle dish

Mr Banlon

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on March 18, 2019, 08:32:46 PM
I loathe those fucking things with every fibre of my being. The stench of them permeated every bedsit and student hall the length and breadth of the UK during the 80s and 90s.

How long did it take you to get a degree?

bgmnts

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on March 18, 2019, 08:32:46 PM

They're like the food equivalent of how having sex with a prostitute is, I imagine.

So naughty and filthy and bad for you but so good.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on March 18, 2019, 09:01:18 PM
They're like the food equivalent of how having sex with a prostitute is, I imagine.

So naughty and filthy and bad for you but so good.

That was basically their ad campaign for a while wasn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_6GGDhHzKI

bgmnts

That all came flooding back to me.

So wrong but so right.