Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:37:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on March 21, 2019, 03:59:32 PM

I'm a long term Corbyn supporter BTW, I just don't think it does us any good to become entirely detached from reality.

'Course you are, petal.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: big bottomed anarchist on March 21, 2019, 03:41:42 PM
Where did you get the idea he gatecrashed the meeting? Chukka was in the building to meet Liddington, Corbyn and the rest to meet May. Due to some sort of cock-up the meeting room was double-booked, so Jez  flounced.

Well he was either in a meeting for leaders of parties or he wasn't, if he wasn't then Corbyn just left a room, if he was then he gatecrashed.

It really is that simple.

Talulah, really!

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on March 21, 2019, 04:10:34 PM
Well he was either in a meeting for leaders of parties or he wasn't, if he wasn't then Corbyn just left a room, if he was then he gatecrashed.

It really is that simple.

You don't just gatecrash a meeting with the Prime Minister, he was either invited by no. 10 to a meeting with the Prime Minister, whether he should have been there or not on a technicality is irrelevant to the accusation of gatecrashing, or he was invited to a meeting with the Deputy Prime Minister which for some reason was taking place in the same location as the first meeting, again not his fault and not an example of him gatecrashing.

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 21, 2019, 04:04:42 PM
'Course you are, petal.
Yeah, because the Corbyn project has always been about blindly supporting the leader of the Labour party in any circumstances. How could I admire an MP who has defied the whip more than any other, yet still offer mild criticism in a environment that is generally supportive of him?

Buelligan

Well, whatever the facts where, I think Chuka showed great statespersonship in immediately tweeting his story out to the world.  It's good to see that someone's keeping their eye on the bollock.  And, of course, credit to heroic Vince Cable, what would Britain do without him?

Replies From View

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 21, 2019, 12:57:04 PM
Does Bigfoot exist? That is the real pressing matter.

Did you mean to say Bigfoot or Brighton?

Brighton exists.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on March 21, 2019, 06:23:15 PM
Did you mean to say Bigfoot or Brighton?

Brighton exists.

Bigfoot Croc?

Bigfoot Pied?

Bigfoot and Hooves Albion?

Quote from: Hundhoon on March 21, 2019, 06:19:03 AM
the mental gymnastics required  to defend this man regarding Brexit must be exhausting. about 10 percent at most in Labour agree with his stance on Brexit.
what is he doing?

He's doing "a new style of serious politics", apparently.

"An attempt to offer a new era of civility in Westminster politics"

lol.

Replies From View

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on March 21, 2019, 09:44:12 PM

lol.

Do you have citations for these quotes?

phantom_power

"Carrying out what was agreed at the Labour Party conference" doesn't have the same ring to it

Twed

I'm glad the source isn't from three years ago or anything as ridiculous as that.

Yes because sources obviously become invalid after three years.

jobotic

Do you have an example of his lack of civility?

Danger Man

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on March 21, 2019, 10:21:15 PM

Corbyn's love of the EU is about three years old.....

Twed

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on March 21, 2019, 10:21:15 PM
They do when you're trying to pass them off as a statement on his current actions.

Quote from: Mrs Wogans lemon drizzle on March 21, 2019, 09:44:12 PM

lol.

You tried to make it seem like this was a current claim, because you are some cum.

pigamus

Is this PV march on Saturday going to another excuse to kick Corbyn? Because he isn't going?

Quote from: Twed on March 21, 2019, 10:27:32 PM
They do when you're trying to pass them off as a statement on his current actions.

You tried to make it seem like this was a current claim, because you are some cum.

It was his raison d'etre during his leadership bid.  Have you forgotten already? 

Twed

I think you're right. I think that quote definitely means he should just be really agreeable all the time, and never disagree with anybody or display human characteristics. Fuck, you really got us on this one.

greencalx

Latest celebrity twat meme is to criticise Labour for encouraging members to campaign for upcoming elections instead of going on a march.

I know which one of those takes a lot more effort and commitment. More to the point, my own, very pro-remain, CLP was asking for people to campaign locally today.

pigamus

Quote from: pigamus on March 21, 2019, 10:32:49 PM
Is this PV march on Saturday going to another excuse to kick Corbyn? Because he isn't going?

Why did I even ask

pigamus

MattD

Wasat the protest today. Saw some great speeches, from Sturgeon and Caroline Lucas especially.

Where was Corbyn? Being fucking useless as ever.

Replies From View

king_tubby

Fabian Thomsett

BlodwynPig

Quote from: MattD on March 23, 2019, 09:34:31 PM
Wasat the protest today. Saw some great speeches, from Sturgeon and Caroline Lucas especially.

Where was Corbyn? Being fucking useless as ever.

Has anything changed or just a few 100,000 narcissistic liberal selfie fuck images?

Buelligan

He has interesting nostrils, I'll give him that.