Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:37:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: Danger Man on May 12, 2019, 10:32:23 PM
I have the 'sockpuppet' account. If I could remember the fucking password for it I'd be all over this thread.

Loosing it.  Unraveling like an old wanksock.

Danger Man

I hold a fading photograph in hands that are fading too.....

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: gib on May 12, 2019, 10:23:25 PM
I think Dr Rock was joking, no one believes you could be arsed to spew out posts at the rate this guy does.

They wouldn't be so shit either.

Quote from: Danger Man on May 12, 2019, 10:32:23 PM
I have the 'sockpuppet' account. If I could remember the fucking password for it I'd be all over this thread.

And legion.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on May 12, 2019, 11:41:31 PM
and Ogio and Strawman.

Damn! I had an 'Ogio and Strawman' t-shirt printed, and everything.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on May 12, 2019, 10:37:28 PM
I hold a fading photograph in hands that are fading too.....

Where's that from, by the way?

Danger Man

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 12, 2019, 11:46:16 PM

I think it's from a Rainer Maria Rilke poem, but I've long forgotten the source.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on May 12, 2019, 11:54:49 PM
I think it's from a Rainer Maria Rilke poem, but I've long forgotten the source.

I know nothing about poetry but that's a good line.

Danger Man

My other forgotten line is....

Even the man who believes in nothing needs a girl to believe in him.

Kelvin

Quote from: Danger Man on May 12, 2019, 11:54:49 PM

Fairly sure it's from Back to the Future.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on May 13, 2019, 12:01:17 AM
My other forgotten line is....

Even the man who believes in nothing needs a girl to believe in him.

Is it Ghostbusters II?

Danger Man

It might be Debbie Does Dallas

UK, YouGov poll:

European election

BREX-EFDD: 34% (+4)
LAB-S&D: 16% (-5)
LDEM-ALDE: 15% (+5)
GR-G/EFA: 11% (+2)
CON-ECR: 10% (-3)
ChUK-EPP: 5% (-4)

+/- vs. 29-30 Apr

Field work: 8-9 May 2019
Sample size: 2,212

What was that again?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on May 13, 2019, 12:21:17 AM
It might be Debbie Does Dallas

Bah, someone's just vomited on our pleasant conversation.

Danger Man

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 13, 2019, 12:54:38 AM
Bah, someone's just vomited on our pleasant conversation.

Your prudishness explains a lot!

Back on topic, the European Election is going to be a bloodbath.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on May 13, 2019, 01:05:28 AM
Your prudishness explains a lot!

I didn't mean you.

QuoteBack on topic, the European Election is going to be a bloodbath.

We'll see.

chveik

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 12, 2019, 11:46:16 PM

this Rilke poem:

Portrait Of My Father As A Young Man

In the eyes: dream. The brow as if it could feel
something far off. Around the lips, a great
freshness--seductive, though there is no smile.
Under the rows of ornamental braid
on the slim Imperial officer's uniform:
the saber's basket-hilt. Both hands stay
folded upon it, going nowhere, calm
and now almost invisible, as if they
were the first to grasp the distance and dissolve.
And all the rest so curtained within itself,
so cloudy, that I cannot understand
this figure as it fades into the background--.

Oh quickly disappearing photograph
in my more slowly disappearing hand.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 12, 2019, 08:35:24 PM
But a lone poll clearly isn't a measure of anything in terms of trend. The polls conducted by the same organizations all show the same trend, Labour losing support.

My knowledge of Enoch Powell barely extends beyond reading his Wikipedia page. His achievements look remarkable. It's quite bizarre that in May 2019, when you're keen to dispute things we can actually see before us (such as your wayward reading of that polling chart) that you seek my opinion about someone who was most prevalent 50 years ago. He appeared to be pretty popular at the time.

Fuck off

Replies From View

Quote from: Buelligan on May 12, 2019, 10:35:04 PM
Loosing it.  Unraveling like an old wanksock.

Or like a new one.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 13, 2019, 10:05:10 AM
Fuck off

16%. Labour, on 16%. Everything you say is wrong. How's that feel? To be proven to lack any understanding or comprehension of what's actually going on in the world around you? Sorry, I say around you. Obviously living a bubble excludes you from real world experience. But just how does it feel to be so wrong so often? 16%. One six. Sixteen. With the Tories even lower. Imagine being a party whose main opponents had lost over half their support yet your party hadn't gained any of it. Imagine being that useless. Sixteen percent 16%. Labour. Bubblicious!

greenman

I do think the time has come Barry, really he's serving no purpose but ingénue trolling and disruption.

Sin Agog

I don't think Robwatson is his real surname.

Quote from: greenman on May 13, 2019, 10:14:40 AM
I do think the time has come Barry, really he's serving no purpose but ingénue trolling and disruption.

Tell you what. You make a prediction about the forthcoming EU Elections, I'll make an updated one - we can even agree a time (a ten minute window or whatever) to post them. Encourage another 8 or more people to do so, so we have at least 10 predictions, and if I'm not in the top five (closest to the actual result) presto! No more posting from me. Assuming of course, everyone abides by that rule too. No, tell you what, I'm so confident, I'll say top 4. You wouldn't want to lose someone from the top 40% of readers, surely?

You won't, of course. Because you're a fraud. You're not actually concerned with analysis, or the truth about what's happening, if you were I'd be the last person you'd object to. I suggest you're more concerned about championing bullshit, so long as it's your favoured form of bullshit.

Please. Set a time. Select a window and we'll see who is actually making a valid, informed, insightful contribution and who's just fagging for globalism in the dark. Dealio?

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 13, 2019, 10:11:34 AM
16%. Labour, on 16%. Everything you say is wrong. How's that feel? To be proven to lack any understanding or comprehension of what's actually going on in the world around you? Sorry, I say around you. Obviously living a bubble excludes you from real world experience. But just how does it feel to be so wrong so often? 16%. One six. Sixteen. With the Tories even lower. Imagine being a party whose main opponents had lost over half their support yet your party hadn't gained any of it. Imagine being that useless. Sixteen percent 16%. Labour. Bubblicious!

I don't understand what your goal is. Maybe there is no alternative to Capitalism, but the world can't take it for much longer. Literally.

(I use the word Capitalism, not that fucking dogwhistle buzzword you use like a fucking coward.)

Dr Rock

The Brexit Party, a one issue party, has come along and got everyone angry that their vote for Brexit isn't being implemented fast enough saying they will vote for them in the european elections which most people don't treat very seriously anyway. And that draws votes from the other parties. There's a debate to be had but just thread-shitting 'Labour are on 16%! Victory is our you fags!' isn't it.

What we have confirmed is that a Brexiter hasn't got a bad word to say about Enoch Powell, big surprise.

Buelligan

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 13, 2019, 10:36:28 AM
The Brexit Party, a one issue party, has come along and got everyone angry that their vote for Brexit isn't being implemented fast enough saying they will vote in the european elections which most people don't treat very seriously anyway. And that draws votes from the other parties. There's a debate to be had but...

... this is not the thread for it?

Replies From View

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 13, 2019, 10:36:28 AM
There's a debate to be had but just thread-shitting 'Labour are on 16%! Victory is our you fags!' isn't it.

If their goal isn't to make Brexit Party supporters appear as thick as all pig shit they're getting something terribly wrong.