Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,474
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:38:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Corbyn 23: Hail Discorbia

Started by Blue Jam, March 18, 2019, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Howj Begg

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1127894386833014784

QuoteJeremy Corbyn

Verified account

@jeremycorbyn

At least 700 people were denied their right to vote in the local elections, including an 87 year old, because of the Tories' Voter ID trials.

They're trying to rig elections by making it harder to vote.

This voter suppression attempt must be stopped.

The comments are pure Creutzfeldt–Jakob, mind how you go ppl.

What a clown.

Voter ID is making it harder for people to vote twice.

Odd that.
87 year old can't get help with photo ID.
87 year old "prevented from voting" can attract attention of Jeremy Corbyn.

JellyfishJez wobbles again.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Luckily this kind of behaviour has already been highlighted by Paulie and the throng of non entities who only post replies on campaign threads

Barry Admin is right not to ban anyone for having a different opinion but when a member is clearly a single issue campaigner they are making no contribution, they are taking from the forum. It is the equivalent of selling, which is banned on this site.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 13, 2019, 02:38:01 PM
What a clown.

Voter ID is making it harder for people to vote twice.

Odd that.
87 year old can't get help with photo ID.
87 year old "prevented from voting" can attract attention of Jeremy Corbyn.

JellyfishJez wobbles again.

Fuck off

Quote from: Paul Embrey, a real trades unionistAnn Widdecombe being cheered at a public meeting inside a working men's club in a former mining town in northern England. This is the equivalent of Jeremy Corbyn being hailed by the Henley-on-Thames branch of the Women's Institute.

I did warn them.

Bubbletastic Labour, 16%. In a national election, 16%. Labour. How shit are they?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 13, 2019, 02:43:07 PM
Bubbletastic Labour, 16%. In a national election, 16%. Labour. How shit are they?

Fuck off

16% - the Labour Parties - 16%

How useless must they be, to be on 16% when the Tories are even lower?

You must be punching skyward in your bubble lad. 16%, what an achievement.

Buelligan

Quote from: Howj Begg on May 13, 2019, 02:34:23 PM
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1127894386833014784
QuoteJeremy Corbyn

Verified account

@jeremycorbyn

At least 700 people were denied their right to vote in the local elections, including an 87 year old, because of the Tories' Voter ID trials.

They're trying to rig elections by making it harder to vote.

This voter suppression attempt must be stopped.
The comments are pure Creutzfeldt–Jakob, mind how you go ppl.

The tories have been like it since forever, who could forget the classic Poll Tax episode?  And, of course gerrymandering Tesco heiress, Shirley Porter, appointed Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 1991 by John Major after delivering "a spectacular victory" in Westminster for the Conservatives in the 1990 elections.

Quote from: WikipediaWhile leader of Westminster City Council she oversaw the "Building Stable Communities" policy, later described as the "homes for votes" scandal and was consequently accused of gerrymandering. The policy was judged illegal by the district auditor, and a surcharge of £27m levied on her in 1996. This was later raised to £42 million with interest and costs. She eventually settled in 2004, paying a "full and final settlement" of £12.3 million.

Every little counts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Tommy Robwatson on May 13, 2019, 03:38:23 PM
16% - the Labour Parties - 16%

How useless must they be, to be on 16% when the Tories are even lower?

You must be punching skyward in your bubble lad. 16%, what an achievement.

I'm not reading a word you post. That's how much you are wasting your time. No idea what's in the quote box.

Single issue campaigning breaks this sites rules. You won't last. You are a non entity. Fuck off

No other post in reply to you will say anything other than fuck off.

Twag Winbyrne

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on May 13, 2019, 03:48:31 PM
I'm not reading a word you post. That's how much you are wasting your time. No idea what's in the quote box.

Single issue campaigning breaks this sites rules. You won't last. You are a non entity. Fuck off

No other post in reply to you will say anything other than fuck off.

Fuck off.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Twag Winbyrne on May 13, 2019, 04:20:44 PM
Fuck off.

Hello absolute non entity. Looking forward to seeing you here and talking more in April 2022.

Twed

We can combine it with the third year anniversary of our wank pass ownership.

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

Why would anyone who is proud of their opinions need to flit between multiple accounts I wonder.

Replies From View

Quote from: Twed on May 13, 2019, 04:34:39 PM
We can combine it with the third year anniversary of our wank pass ownership.

Is this the ongoing game of Pass the Wanksock?  I must say I've not had my turn yet, and with the anniversary coming up feel quite left out.

Cuellar

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: chveik on May 13, 2019, 01:51:28 AM
this Rilke poem:

Thanks. That's got a strange atmos about it. I like it. But what does it mean?

Twit 2

Don't try to analyse the meaning too much. Rilke was heavily influenced by French symbolist poetry (his own poems in French are great too btw), where meaning is deliberately secondary to sound and association.

Twed

He's just practicing for when he has to go on that modernist history holodeck jaunt with Picard.

Twit 2

Tommy Twatson off this here thread could do with some Rilke, this beaut is an excerpt from one of the Duino Elegies:

And how bewildered is any creature that is womb-born and yet has to fly,
As if frightened of itself it must hurtle through the air the way a crack goes through a teacup,
So that a bat's track streaks through the porcelain of the evening.

(Not sure where the line breaks are as I'm quoting from memory OOH GET ME)

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 13, 2019, 08:47:37 PM
Don't try to analyse the meaning too much. Rilke was heavily influenced by French symbolist poetry (his own poems in French are great too btw), where meaning is deliberately secondary to sound and association.

Thanks for the insight.

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 13, 2019, 09:20:32 PM
this beaut is an excerpt from one of the Duino Elegies:

And how bewildered is any creature that is womb-born and yet has to fly,
As if frightened of itself it must hurtle through the air the way a crack goes through a teacup,
So that a bat's track streaks through the porcelain of the evening.

(Not sure where the line breaks are as I'm quoting from memory OOH GET ME)

That's great. I'll have to get me some Rilke too.

Politics is all a bit pointless without beauty at the back of it, isn't it?

Twit 2

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 13, 2019, 10:35:58 PM
Politics is all a bit pointless without beauty at the back of it, isn't it?

Indeed. These posters (one nutter wearing many socks presumably) aren't found over in Shelf Abuse or any of the other sub forums waxing lyrical about their passion for the arts. Nope, confined to one obsession ("5 actually!" - Jesus) they don't even enjoy. A waste of life on a grand scale. May their tattered rodent's wings flail them from their cave.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 13, 2019, 10:59:47 PM
May their tattered rodent's wings flail them from their cave.

See, I really feel I know that from somewhere. Am I having some kind of episode?

Twit 2

No, it's not a thing, I'm just referring back to that bit of Rilke where the bat is a metaphor for humanity's fear of the void. The trolls on here hurtle along, leaving their streaks, and the overriding impression (to me at least) is that they're scared of life.

Twit 2

QuoteEVENING

Slowly now the evening changes his garments

held for him by a rim of ancient trees;

you gaze: and the landscape divides and leaves you,

one sinking and one rising toward the sky.

And you are left, to none belonging wholly,

not so dark as a silent house, nor quite

so surely pledged unto eternity

as that which grows to star and climbs the night.

To you is left (unspeakably confused)
your life, gigantic, ripening, full of fears,

so that it, now hemmed in, now grasping all,

is changed in you by turns to stone and stars.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 13, 2019, 11:34:04 PM
No, it's not a thing, I'm just referring back to that bit of Rilke where the bat is a metaphor for humanity's fear of the void.

Brrr. It must be deja vu.

QuoteThe trolls on here hurtle along, leaving their streaks, and the overriding impression (to me at least) is that they're scared of life.

Yes, the attention seeking is a way of avoiding thinking about looking down.

Fambo Number Mive

Another reason to vote for Corbyn: https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1128198616269635584

Where will Sugar go, I wonder?

rue the polywhirl

That Good Morning interview with Sugar was more than a little cringeworthy. Sugar actually joking that Brexit sounds like a breakfast cereal as if he was the first person making that observation after almost 3 years and just acting like a person with dementia caught in a nap. I'm guessing he doesn't write his own jokes and putdowns for the apprentice.

Paul Calf

As long as he fucks off, I don't care. He'll probably go and cuddle up with Richard Branson on Necker and they can sing heroic songs about how they left the lands of their birth because they didn't like paying taxes.